A kind warning for Draft... Everybody is entitled to love any QB they want

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 19, 2018.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Right now GG101 your avatar looks like Cary Grant.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

An outsiders opinion. I thought the Jets were foolish to trade as much as they did for that move up. Turns out they got the best QB (Just my opinion) in this draft and would not have gotten him without the trade.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

not gonna lie Joe, I am happy the most for you on this board. You fought for Sam when Sam's stock was low I hope he delivers and I think he will. Hes got some good people in that locker room.

joe likes this.
  4. "My Favorite" is Martin

This feels like the best compromise for this board. Felt like most people were ok with taking Darnold. I'm fine with how this has gone

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Thx bro. Nothing's a guarantee but here he is and here we are. I'd have supported whomever they picked (I mean a Jet's a Jet) but I think this guy even with his wonky style has the physical wherewithal and intangibles (cool under fire as just one example) to feel encouraged with the pick.

Gary Sanchez walk off HR, Darnold in the fold and tomorrow's Friday. Productive day work-wise, followed by pizza and a great salad for dinner. . Today was a good day.

101GangGreen101 and Brook! like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@joe

You got your wish. If he sucks at Jets I will ban you for 1 year. Lol

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Congrats Joe! YOu got your wish, and I'll be rooting for him, but I sure hope this isn't a case of "Be careful what you ask for"!

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Tell you what, .If Darnold bombs out I will get you the Stormy Daniels of goats. .I know this guy..
    Congrats? Not me. I just wanted the guy who I thought (along with a lot of other people) was the best out there (i.e. the best option for the Jets).

I followed QBs a lot closer than usual this year because of the draft class and because it was obvious Hack wasn't the answeer. Again, Darnold struck me as the pick of the litter, technical issues and all. But beyond that, while springing for a Pac-12 TV package (Darnold/Rosen/Falk& upcoming Tyler Hundley, Utes), I was able to get more of a "big picture within the context of the team" look. For example, it was USC's overhauled OL that was a mess, not UCLA's (with Quissenbury and 1st rd. pick Kolton Miller) but reading the "poor Josh has no talent around him" lamenting it was pretty obvious that this past college season on TGG was pretty much "my favorite football idol's better than yours" posturing.

If Darnold doesn't pan out, he doesn't pan out but I will never think that he wasn't the best pick....and I hope the Jets have a guy in Bates who can actually develop a QB because Tee Martin sure didn't do squat with Darnold at SC last year.

Brook! likes this.
  9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Brook, if he "sucks at Jets" I will get you the Stormy Daniels of goats. I know a guy..

BacktoQueens likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well that's what it comes down to: can the Jets (Bates) develop him? He's clearly got a lot of natural gifts, and seems made to play QB - I guess I would say single-minded, like that's how he was raised - so I believe he'll be able to close off the noise and focus on learning the job. As Br4d pointed out, and I agree, he sort of reminds me of Elway, and if gets close to that level he'll be fantastic for us.

Now, if we could just get a stud pass rusher.