A Jets Draft day Carol or the ghost of draft day pasts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Biggs, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I can’t believe people actually want Baker Mayfield over Josh Allen lol it actually boggles my mind.... it’s like wanting a Toyota over a Mercedes

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Oh the horror lol. Talk about a gem falling into your lap. The Jets have been run by morons for decades.

3. boozer32

Believe it Rock Allen sucks balls.

harts24 likes this.
  4. Rockinz

Cmon boozer

At least watch his pro day today and go from there

5. Rockinz

Ya and if they pass on Allen like they passed on Marino it will haunt us again.. they are basically the same body type, arm talent and gamer...

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You know what the maintenance is like for a Benz?!

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Wyoming has some of the toughest marijuana laws in the country. If he chose Colorado, I would definitely take him.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Does the Mercedes have faulty steering?

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yes. There's an extended version out there, somebody go fetch. Mark Sanchez, Rex Ryan, so much hope, so much hope . . . Got a "phone call" from Rex Ryan before the Cheats game in Sept. 2009 that we should be louder than loud in The Old Dump vs. the Cheats. That was probably the loudest game that I ever attended in my entire fandom. It was great, truly electrifying. There is also great pic of Sanchez still somewhere out there jumping in the air with a cup of cascading Gatorade after the win. I was so happy, I almost had to be taken out of Giants Stadium in a body bag on a gurney. Threw out the Jets fan/Cheats commemorative game ball the lyin' ass Jets FO mailed STHs a few years ago along with a bunch of other stuff I regret tossing now. I get impulsive sometimes, a brain thing.

Anyway, hope is for fools, as Samuel Clemens used to say. Sigh. GO JETS (always) just the same. Oh, and one of the best things about the Jets/Cheats Sept. 2009, Sept. 2010 game, and then knocking the Cheats out of the POs in Cheatieville was hearing Jim Nantz eat a big, fat dick. He's such a Cheats sycophant. I still have all three games saved on a USB stick and about once a year, I watch them when I'm bored. Mostly for Nantz.

Nantz: "I don't think he's in, Phil (re: Santonio Holmes)." Simms: "He's clearly in." Nantz: "I don't know . . . " Simms: "Take your bat and ball and go home." OK, that last one was mild embellishment, but Nantz sounded like someone ran over a litter of kittens in front of his face. In technicolor. And IMAX. In Surround Sound. I hate that guy almost as much as Paul Maguire. Haha, who remembers that game when the Cheats played Spittsburgh a few years ago? A Cheat got greasy stickum all over Roethlisrapist's jersey. Simms: "That is illegal." Nantz: . . . crickets and cicadas. Then, "I don't know . . ." Simms: "Jim, that is illegal. It's illegal. Highly illegal." Simms wouldn't let it go. Nantz: "Time to go to commercial." Can you at least make a limp-wristed attempt to hide your bias? Fukk Nantz.

#29 jetophile, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    NY Jets68 and stinkyB like this.
  10. stinkyB

I figured some of those country cowboys would be blazin while listenin to Willie and Waylon....

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If that was the case it would explain his accuracy issues. Unlike 83, If there were rumors about Allen he would be the consensus No. 1 pick.

stinkyB likes this.
  12. stinkyB

Weren't those rumors about the "other stuff"? It was the 80s after all.... and it would explain his personality issues quite a bit.

Although it wouldnt surprise me if it was all just another Shula scam.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I doubt it. In the early 80's using cocaine was a positive in almost every profession. It wasn't until the mid 80's that crack changed everything.

14. jetophile

Classic Jets joke: Just the thought of Ken O'Brien makes my knees buckle.

I'll always hold firm that the draft is like picking the ponies or taking one from column A and one from column B on a Chinese fast food restaurant take out menu. To me, eeny meeny miny mo is the way to go sometimes. It just gets overthought, IMO.

For the record, the Queen is infinitely and exquisitely pleased that Dan Marino never got a ring. Do you think the Jets would've gotten another ring with Marino at the helm? Only a bit more than speculative, but Marino would surely have won the Mud Bowl. Shula. The original cheating fukk of the NFL.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Marino to Toon and Walker with Freeman in the backfield. Multiple VL trophies.

Cman68 likes this.
  16. boozer32

Pro days do nothing for prospects. They are no pass rushers, no various defensive coverges, It just drop back and throw,

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. jetophile

I do believe it's VLT. :mad:

O'Brien was a terrible decision maker as to taking a sack or throwing the ball away (ugh), I'll give you that. Even so, our OL was awful. You forgot to mention how the Jets could've drafted Brett dick pic Favre. Do the Jets even have scouts? I think that's a fair question.

18. boozer32

No there are not. Not even close. Marino was great as a freshman in college. He would have gone #1 in the 83 draft if he wasn't sprung on cocaine. His accuracy alone is better than Allen's will ever be. You reaching now Rock. Marino was a pure pocket passer and had one of the quickest releases in football history.

Ozymandias likes this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He was amazing and the thing I really hated about him as a Jets fan is he threw the ball with malice. It was like he was trying to kill you.

boozer32 and Br4d like this.
  20. jetophile

Back before the days of social media (which I have never and will never belong to), rumors were the thing. And rumors, if unfounded, can crush people's careers. No clue if Marino's cocaine use was recreational or something more, but it was party time in the NFL. I recall Dan Pastorini was notorious for hookers and a glass of Coca Cola, hint hint wink wink. Michael Irvin was high as a kite all the time and often so stoned his eyes looked like slits you get on your fingers from a paper cut. Fat Parcells enabled Lawrence Taylor, btw. Then Fat Bill was all no, not attending Lawrence Taylor's HOF induction ceremony because Taylor made some comments about drugs that he thought were inappropriate. Yo, you knew he was higher than Mt. Everest all the time, but still played him, you hypocrite who gave me nothing.

EDIT & P.S.: As a side note, social media once again . . . Laremy Tunsil. Athletes should just stay away from this poison. I don't understand any of it. The internet is forever. Just read something the other day about someone posting a multiple rape/sexual assault on Face Book in Canada. News story, that is. The rape and assault, but also posting it?! What in the fukking motherfukk. That POS is only getting 24 mos. Canada, our retarded top hat.

#40 jetophile, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018