6 round Mock Draft V1 03-19-19

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 19, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Yeah this will change over time and I'll be the 1st to say this is probably somewhat unrealistic but figured the 1st one might as well shoot for the stars and gives something to discuss in this dead time

Round 1 Pick 3 (jets trade back with the giants, they give up the 3rd overall pick, darron lee, and our 3rd rounder and get pick 6, pick 17, and giants 2nd rounder)

Why this is a good trade? The jets gave up 3 2nd rounders to move from 6 to 3 (2 currant and 1 future). the giants give up the 17th overall and slide back a round and get a starting LBer upgrade on their D. Lee is expendable and the giants still have 2 picks and a player or get to fill 3 holes and the jets get an extra 1st and jump up a round and give up an expendable player. It's a good move for both sides and the giants land their successor to eli, and a starting LBer and only give up a mid 1st (equal to about 2 2nd rounders) and slide back a round

Round 1 pick 6 Montez Sweat OLB
    not as good of a prospect as allen, but should develop into a solid edge rusher. has the frame to pack on more weight and wow'd at the combine running a 4.41 at 6-6 262 lbs and had 22 sacks and 29.5 TFL in the past 2 seasons. could be a little early here due to his heart condition but most teams don't seem to be concerned with it and he flew up to a top 10 prospect after the combine

Round 1 pick 17 Jonah Williams O-line
    hard to judge where he would play in the NFL. some say he could play LT, others say he is better suited for RT or Guard. but he wowed at the combine with his knowledge and technique and is viewed as a safe bet to be a starter in the NFL somewhere on the o-line. If he can't replace beechum at LT, he can at least be an upgrade at RT to shell or replace winters as a cheaper option at guard. Jets have holes all along the o-line so i'm sure we can find a use for him

Round 2 pick 37 Deebo Sanders WR
    Sanders is a smaller WR and not a burner, but he is a tough runner after the catch and fearless across the middle making him a good slot WR to pair with the bigger outside guys we already have. He's also an established kick returner with 4 career KR TDs. would replace roberts at KR and crowder cna handle the PR duties so it fills an extra hole and gives him a chance to make an immediate impact on special teams as well as being a WR4

Round 3 Ross Pierschbacher, C/G
    Keeping with upgrading the offense and o-line, Ross has experience all across the o-line in college and played his final season at center. The jets have a large hole at center so he can compete with harrison for the starting job in 2019 and at worse be a depth/developmental guy

Round 4 Maxx Crosby, OLB
    Back to the edge, maxx is a 3-4 OLB edge rusher because you can't have too many right? we need 2 anyway so even with Sweat it would be nice to add some more depth.

Round 6 Greg Gaines DT
    Mac loves drafting d-line and we are thin at DT these days so why not take a flyer. we brought back mclendon for 1 year but this 6-1 307lb DT can add some good depth

Holes Addressed
    O-line, Edge, D-line Depth, WR/KR

Holes not addressed
    CB2, Safety Depth

jilozzo and GQMartin like this.
  2. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I like it for the most part.... But I'd like to get a corner somewhere..... If we trade back, how bout Greedy Williams 1st, edge rusher 2nd, then oline after that?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

3. GasedAndConfused

CB is a concern for sure but we have a bunch of mid/late roun picks on the roster already so unless we plan to go CB in the 1st or 2nd i can't see a reason to personally take one later then that and we have more pressing needs on the o-line and edge. We could swap out deebo in the 2nd and go for a guy like justin layne or amani oruwariye but deebo helps out darnold more and also solves the KR hole we have so i'd rather wait until next offseason to address CB. We signed roberts for 2019 as a stop gap, added poole as a stop gap CB3, and still have nickerson, robinson, jones and clark to develop. at WR we really have nothing to develop or count on after our top 3 already. Just tay and peake and peake is a special teams only guy. tay has potential to be a WR4 or WR5 at best. Deebo has potential to be a slot WR3 which is pretty much a starter in todays NFL

4. cbman13

Fair points, I just don't want Brafy,Fitz, and even Allen looking at our secondary and licking there chops.... Currently that's exactly what They'd all do

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

pass on Sweat ... Burns is better IMO ... swap Maxx Crosby with a corner as well

All Gas No Shake and b.reyes16 like this.
  6. cbman13

What about Gary? The guy from Michigan?

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't think he's a true edge rusher, he should really play inside on passing downs. I also question his motor.

8. GasedAndConfused

we need another year to really compete. this is the year we don't completely suck but really can't push for the playoffs yet so we are gonna have holes somewhere

fair points. i'll dig more into prospects leading up to the draft. burns could be a better fit. i do like crosby in the 4th as a value edge guy more then i like another mid round CB selection though

gary is another option too. lots of edge rushers in this draft in the 1st round

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Not sure I want to take Williams in round 1. He might be a G in the NFL. I'd prefer to take Taylor or a WR.

10. GasedAndConfused

it's a risk, as is any draft pick, but it's a mid 1st rounder and he seems like there is almost no chance he doesn't succeed somewhere on the o-line. he's also very intelligent, hard worker, so great locker room guy which mac loves. I know people want the "fancy" positions in the 1st round, but one of the best drafts we ever had was when we took brick 4th overall (and people said he was too small to play LT back then and it was a bad pick) and Mangold (people complained a center isn't worth taking in the 1st round) and they anchored our o-line for a decade and we never had any o-line issues while they were there and were regularly one of the top o-lines in the league.

11. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

Never happen giants will not trade with the jets

12. GasedAndConfused

teams are businesses. they don't care about whatever made up fan rivalry people think exists. they play in separate conferences and only play each other once every 4 years. They are a great team to work out a trade with

Sam Hammer likes this.