5 Likely Scenarios, who do Jets pick?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetFighter, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Gettleman did pointedly say that they last time the Giants had the #2 pick they took Lawrence Taylor and that they were planning to take the best player available this time around also.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

True. IMO that's precisely why I think they take their QB at #1, because they don't want to wind up having to pay their edge rusher or their RB more than you do their QB.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I see where you are coming from.

4. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Post had an article on this today. They say the Giants always follow their board. And if they can draft a sure thing star, regardless of position, QB or np, they do not trade out---unless the team trading allows them to still get one of their premier type guys. So they think Denver is a possibility, but not the lower firsts that might be offered. They say the Giants want Barkley, Nelson, Chubb.

5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

The Allen concussion and neck inury thing really bothers me. I am very injury conscious when it comes to super high picks. My hope would be that neither the Browns nor the Giants want to lose Barkley, and that the Giants still do not want one of the QBs if they do lose him. I prefer Darnold of the three.

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

A: Rosen
    B. Darnold
    C. Dealers choice - Allen or Mayfield. I can't make up my mind on these two as to who I'd prefer.
    D. Rosen
    E. Rosen

7. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep..there's another post running about the article..of course it's all for consumption

Barkley Nelso or Chubb? Please be my guest..this First Round is loaded with jewels WE can't afford right now..

If the Giants have a shot at Barkley and take him they must feel strongly that Eli can take his Football Vi*gra for 2 years..with Elis benching and decline in play maybe Saquon helps him out..I dunno

OTOH I really think G man takes a QB..oh well

jdon likes this.
  9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

A. Rosen
    B. DARNOLD (huge win)
    C. KMS
    D. Rosen
    E. Rosen

Ideally C doesn't happen. But because it's the Jets, it'll definitely happen.

At that point, I can see Mac picking Mayfield, Allen, Barkley, or even Nelson. As long as it's not Fitzpatrick or Chubb, I makes some sense. For me, I'd prefer that they trade out to a team looking to compete this year and bring back a haul of picks. If there is a sweet deal to be had -- e.g., 2018 1st, 2nd, 4th round picks, 2019 1st and 3rd round picks, 2020 1st round pick -- Mac should get the deal and preserve future value.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

maybe Davis Webb is a find.

11. NCJetsfan

Who is KMS?

Trading out makes no sense. Neither does not taking Mayfield in C.

12. NoodleArm

We'll have to disagree on both points.

If Mac can get significantly more draft assets than what he paid to get to Pick #3, and he likes that more than the talent available, then it does make sense for him to trade out.

Similarly, passing on Mayfield makes sense if Mac likes another option. Mac could pick him, for sure. But he could just as easily not. I certainly don’t think that Allen is as pro-ready or had the football processing speed of Mayfield, but I’m not a Mac, and people love big arms over big brains. (Almost feels like some folks prefer a late fastball throw, as opposed to an on-time well-placed throw.) Also, about the two non-QB options, the ROI isn’t there given the number of picks he gave up to move up, but they’re as close to surefire picks as there have ever been, so who knows. But let’s not forget, this is the same dude who picked up Hackenberg in the second, so I’m not sure if there’s much sense there with QBs anyways.

13. NCJetsfan

We'll definitely have to agree to disagree. He would look like fool trading up to #3 and then trading back down. If he doesn't get a FQB prospect out of this offseason, more than likely, he's fired. None of the other QB prospects outside the top 4 are worth risking your career on. He's not trading down, nor should he.

You still didn't answer my question. Who is KMS??

14. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Kill My Self

15. NCJetsfan

Oh LOL

16. NoodleArm

KMS is short for kill myself

I really think that Mac is targeting Rosen, and gambled up to three because the price wasn’t crazy unreasonable.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

rumor is he tried going to 1 and 2 and was turned down. it's likely he is aware of who celevland and the giants are looking at and felt he could still land one of his targets at 3. If the giants and browns didn't' take our offer, i can't see anyone else making a good enough offer to jump us.