3rd and 19

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Pass happy OC are a detriment to the development of a young QB. I was screaming for a run in that situation just to avoid the temptation to go for it all.

Running the ball is a young QBs best friend, give Bilal 20 touches rushing the ball per game. It’s not becaue he’s the next Walter Peyton, it’s becaue it wears down the defense, no need to have Darnold throw 40 times a game.

And another thing, can the jets stop with empty backfield formations, am I the only one who sees how much the oline struggles in those formations?

Harpua and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It drives me nuts that he only had 5 carries, Crow wasn't running the ball well either, but Powell is far more explosive, he could hit one and take it to the house. He should be getting at least 10 carries and close to 5+ targets a game in the passing game. Powell should've had at least 2 or 3 more catches in this game. This offense doesn't have an identity, where are the bread and butter plays to get the team into rhythm? Bates will need to find a way to get this team into rhythm out of the gate.

5 wide doesn't look great when you have a crappy line, I agree. Jets really missed Neil Sterling yesterday.

CotcheryFan and Red Menace like this.
  3. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

totally agree

I am way more confident when it's 3rd and 2, rather than 3rd and 11

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Ghost of Paul Hackett.