3 Rd Jets Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by The Lord, Feb 20, 2007.

1. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

1) Dwayne Bowe, WR- Face it...Coles is going to join the Chrebert concussion club sometime in the next couple of years. McCairens is not even a decent second receiver, maybe not a decent third WR. That leaves us with a better than average 2 WR in Cotchery, but not a legit #1. Dwayne Bowe is a big, tall, deep threat to stretch out the field for the short passing and running game.

2a) Anthony Spencer, OLB/DE- A tweener OLB/DE with 4.7 40 speed at about 260 pounds. Perfect for our needs. He is a big time pass rusher with good speed coming off the outside. A 3-4 hybrid who will fill the need for big time pass rusher off the outside who can also line up as a run-stuffing DE.

2b) Michael Bush, RB- Big bruiser back to soften up defenses for Lightning Leon to juke everyone out of their socks. Averaged almost 6 yards per carry at Louisville. Is 6-3, 250 who runs a 4.5 40. A perfect RBBC back to go with a quick, small back.

3) Ikaika-Alama Francis, DE/DT A big guy who is a tweener between DE and DT, who I believe we would play as DT. He has exceptional run-defense skills, but does not pass rush as well as some of the other DE/DTs in this draft. If he puts on about 20 pounds he will be at 310, 6-5, perfect size for a DT.

What do you think?

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Not in love with the 1st pick, he wasnt impressive at all in the sugar bowl game I saw of his vs ND

The other 3 picks I dont mind at all however.

Nice.

3. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

I like Bowe as a player, but I dont like the idea of spending a 1st rounder on a WR, this draft is filled with good ones - no need for one in the 1st. Spencer is a good pick an dI dont love Michael Bush though. He is not AT ALL a bruiser. He is big, but he is not a bruiser. He is more of a speed back, but big, which I dont think ever really works. But he is an OK pick. Francis is a good pick, except your explanation was completely wrong. He would NOT be a NT. He is a 3-4 DE, nothing else. A 6-5, 310, he would be one of the worst NT in the league. A good pick, but as a 3-4 DE, not a NT.

Overall, I would give it a C+, I dont love any of the picks, but they are not bad.

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Get rid of Michael Bush and throw in an offensive lineman and you've got yourself a draft.

#4 JetFanInPA, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

hes right. the only way thats a perfect draft is if we picked up a OL in free agency, even then I dont know cuz depth at G is so thin and Kendall is almost done.

i love the first two picks, that would be ideal in my book. bowe plays hard, hes got nice size, runs angry, and can make a tough catch.

and I loved spencer during the senior bowl practices.

6. KleckoNamathToon

Replace Bowe with Blalock or Harrell and I'd be much happier.

#6 KleckoNamathToon, Feb 21, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  7. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

Everyone should check out NFL draftcountdown. This site says Bowe was kickin' ass at the Senior Bowl. I'm interested to see how he does at the combine. I'd post the link but I haven't posted enough yet.

8. The U

The U Member

Good pick with Bowe. This guy can catch, run, and block.