24 is coming back in 2014

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, May 13, 2013.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God. :metal:

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Favorite show ever. Awesome!

I guess this will replace the movie they were planning on doing?

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I just jizzed in my pants!!!! It took them long enough to realize that life is incomplete without this show!!!

Yeah I remember hearing about the movie, but it never came about. I'm guessing Keifer will still be the lead?

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

How can it be 24, when there are only 12 episodes?

Never saw the original show...heard it was good

5. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

Never liked it, my ex GF made me watch it every week. Obviously it's the liberal in me, but always thought the scenario where America had to torture someone to stop an imminent attack was BS.

Homeland is better.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Oh god, I hope that's not true. I'm so sick of TV shows that put in minimal effort these days. All TV shows used to have 24+ episodes a season and now they do 16 tops. So lazy. If they reduce 24 to 12 episodes I'm going to be pissed cuz it goes against the name of the show. There's a reason why TV is going down hill. Less effort, less episodes, less plot, less character development, rushed plots, etc etc etc.

#7 Barcs, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

read the link thats already confirmed.

Btw shows are better served being 10-12 episodes per season now to stick with consistentcy and good flow to the story. Sometimes everything is dragged out.

They should call the show Jack Bauer.

Instead of 24

8. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Lol, 24 is better than Homeland and it's not even close.

2nd season of Homeland sucked, hope the 3rd is better.

Anyways, I'm hyped as fuck! 24 is my favorite show of all time. I'll always remember the twist at the end of season 1.

9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

This is good news for television, but it just proves the point for the umpteenth time that Hollywood is absolutely out of fresh ideas. If it isn't a reality or competition show, it's a CSI or Law & Order type show. I just read where NBC axed almost its entire inventory of shows from last season. And the incredible part about it is that the guy or woman who booked them in the first place is still working and will no doubt be choosing the NEXT parade of drek. So, yeah, bringing back something where writers had to actually write - that can't be bad.

10. Usica

Usica New Member

I wouldn't get too excited. A lot of the shows that have been brought back from a Hollywood death end up being pretty crappy. Hope it isn't the case with this one, but I'm not sure if I'll watch it.

11. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Don't know why its only 12 episodes...

There is a lot of garbage on Fox they could easily dump to make space for 24 episodes...

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't agree that 10-12 episodes is better. It's only better if you can't remember the earlier episodes. It's an illusion. The plot does not flow better to me. It is less detailed and events are often rushed or much more vague. I understand the idea of quality over quantity but good writers can do both. 20 or so episodes is perfect. I don't think it drags plots out in the least. It allows for more subplots, and better character development. In 12 series episodes events are very often over simplified. Prime example, the prison invasion scene in Walking Dead. They hype that up all season only have it done in 5-10 minutes.

The only time I can justify a 12 episode series is on an premium channel like HBO or Showtime where they don't have any commercials and the episodes are longer. I remember Sopranos was exactly an hour long, despite 13 episodes a season. That's 13 hours of TV. Whereas a 20 episode season with 40 minute episodes comes out to the around the same amount of actual show hours.

One of the reasons I loved 24 was because just when you think they are getting close to a resolution, a major twist will come in and change your perception of what you think is actually going on. 24 was very good at having excellent mid season segues like that and that value increases the overall enjoyment of the season. I still feel the best way to watch any series, is to wait until it gets canceled and then watch the episodes in succession so they are fresh in your mind. Nothing kills the plot faster than having 12 episodes that are drawn out for 5-6 months with lots of breaks in between episodes. I feel like they are exploiting fans for ratings by putting them in suspension with lots of breaks only to royally screw them with less overall effort put into their work.

#13 Barcs, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I wonder if Jack's cell phone will work everywhere on earth again..

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I was hoping you meant Revis....... oh well :sad: