2019 Nfl Draft options for Jets to built around Darnold.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Nov 15, 2018.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

To the pro bowl? 6%.

I did a whole post about this and how Mac’s philosophy about mid round linemen is flawed AF.

2. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

LT and C are imperitive I think.

I'm ok with not going WR in round 1. OL is way more important.

I'd like RB and WR to be addressed in round 3. Maybe C too.

I wanna watch Herndon more before I decide if TE is a need.

Address pass rusher in FA. If even one or two make it to free agency, just throw the house at them. Clowney or Lawrence. Please.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Dream Scenario: We end up with the 3rd pick and some team is willing to give up a 2nd rounder for Leonard Williams. We trade down to the 5th spot and gain a 2nd this year to give us two 2nds. We take the BLTA(Best Left Tackle Available) at 5, the BRBA(Best Running Back Available) with our first 2nd, and the BCA(Best Center Available) with our second 2nd. OL and skill positions upgraded and we can use our 3rds to address Edge/DL/WR. :D

#23 CotcheryFan, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Sam Hammer likes this.
  4. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Can we use all our picks on the Alabama OL?

Leicester Jet and Sam Hammer like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't see how trading Williams for a 2nd round pick would be a dream scenario. He was a former #6 pick in the draft and is very good. If we trade him, it just opens up another hole and would give Mac another excuse to draft a defensive player with the 1st round pick.

In your scenario, Mac would probably use the #3 pick on another 3-4 DE, he'd use the 2nd round pick he acquired for Williams to draft a CB or edge rusher. In the 3rd round he might take a RB and a C. Your dream scenario would turn into our nightmare scenario.

;):p:D:eek:

CotcheryFan likes this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He's good, but not the game changer that Watt and Donald are. I'm trying to find creative ways to get a 2nd we lost last year in the trade up to the 3rd pick. But yeah, I'd like a new GM at this point given how many post round 1 picks he has missed on so far in addition to going defense in the 1st round in 3 out of his first 4 drafts.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hear ya, my friend. If we have a new GM, then fine, trade Williams for a 2nd (but the Jets would probably have to eat some of his cap hit). I'd trust the new GM (until proven otherwise) to not spend a high 1st round pick on a 3-4 DE unless he was the second coming of JJ Watt. He'd address the OL and add some weapons for Darnold.