2018 Yankees Season Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by GQMartin, Mar 28, 2018.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

No idea what is going on, but the team looks shot.

Its literally has looks like they have no interest playing baseball right now.

If I am Boone I bench a bunch of these guys (Torres, Bird, Andujar, Stanton) to make a statement.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This season is a lost cause.

Cash needs to overhaul this rotation.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I had hopes for tonight (Sunday) because David "Big Game" Price is going for Boston. The Yankees usually hit him, and he chokes in important games. However, with the Sox having already won the first three games and with an 8 1/2-game lead in the standings, it's no longer a big game for the Sox so Price will probably throw a three-hit shutout.

This team seems to lack the red-asses that the great Yankee teams of the past had. In the late '90s, it was O'Neill, Tino, Cone and Posada. In the late '70s, it was Munson, Nettles and Piniella. In the '50s, it was Hank Bauer, Billy Martin, Vic Raschi and Allie Reynolds.

#343 Since1969, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Bench our best hitters? That should help.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The inconsistent yoyo offense is sleeping..

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No Judge. No Sanchez. No excuses. That was a flat out embarrassing 4-game series at Fenway. Topped off with a 3-run blown save by Chapman. Horrendous. I think it will have carry over to the rest of the season and the playoffs too. Just awful. I am so disappointed. Hopefully Judge rallies the team with his return, but this was a crushing series.

7. JethroTull

Wow! What an absolute gut punch that game was.

At this point I would put Lynm, Happ, and Britton back on waivers to reclaim some value because this season is OVER.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. Since1969

Boone looks like, well, a rookie manager who has never managed at any level before. Maybe like Yogi in '64? I'm more concerned about his passive demeanor and knee-jerk defense of lackluster play than his actual in-game decisions.

This series was a md-term exam for the kids like Torres, Andjuar, Severino and Bird. They have to find out about them. If they don't snap out of it, then maybe some of them aren't the ones you want to build around. I have a feeling that Cashman will have a busier off-season than anyone expects.

Judge is a big loss, but I'm not sure about Sanchez. They miss the Sanchez of 2017, not the Sanchez of 2018. Stanton seems to be the kind of guy who puts up big numbers but can't carry a team, maybe like that guy in the broadcast booth last night?

9. CotcheryFan

Ok, this was a bad series capped off by a crushing series finale loss. Can't argue that. Might've killed our chances of winning the division. But to say that the season is over is flat out ridiculous.

Cappy and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep, the Division is likely over, but you never know come playoff time. The Red Sox have a commanding lead over the Astros for the #1 seed too, so if the Yankees do win their play-in game, it looks like it will be Yankees-Red Sox in the ALDS.

Crazy stat: the Yankees are 9.5 back in the AL East but would be up 7 games in 1st Place if they were in the AL Central. They would lead every NL division too.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Good thing Cash didn’t hedge the team’s future by trading Sheffield & Co.

This team is gutless withou Judge.

12. CotcheryFan

The only way Sheff would've been dealt was if the Yankees traded for an ace like deGrom or MadBum. Sheff could be our 2nd or 3rd best SP at this time next year.

13. JethroTull

What part of done dont you understand? The goose is cooked. I dont care about their record. Right now this is the worst team in baseball.

I dont think they get to 90 wins. Not a chance.

14. CotcheryFan

Seriously? I'm gonna assume this is a troll post. The bolded part is too funny.

15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Don't feel too bad, they got swept by the best team in baseball, while the Yankees were missing several key players. They still have the 2nd best record in baseball, I think they will be fine. Boston has been playing out of their minds lately, the Yankees will come back, and I look forward to their inevitable series vs the Red Sox in the post season. It will be a good one with Judge and Sanchez back. They just need to survive the next few weeks.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  16. Since1969

Maybe, Sam, but the next two or three weeks will tell the story. Either this weekend will prove to be a learning experience for the young guys that enables them to grow as players, or it may expose some as pretenders. There's nothing like the crucible of a tight pennant race to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Hats off to the Red Sox advance scouting. They ran on Sabathia because they knew he had thrown to first to hold a runner on only four times all year.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Wrong. Correct answer: the Mets.

Wrong answer. For the Yankees not to reach 90 wins, they would have to go 21-32 AT BEST; that's sub-.400 ball the rest of the way (.396 Pct.).

CotcheryFan likes this.
  18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yep, and it's against mostly losing teams as well. They don't face another winning team until 9/3.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

LOL if they followed your previous post in terms of the benching this still wouldn't happen.

Go away troll, from this section and the jets forum where you are also trolling.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Lynn pitching so well last night makes you even happier Boone wasted him in a 7-0 Sonny Gray nightmare, so he missed the Red Sux