2018 QB's

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, May 1, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I'll start the thread now.

Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen are the two biggest names.

There is also Jake Browning (not a big fan), Josh Allen, and Luke Falk.

One name to keep an eye on in Clayton Thorson out of Northwestern.

almbleamal and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph, Jake Browning, Baker Mayfield, Jarrett Stidham all names to watch for next year. Most of these guys will be drafted.

3. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

What no love for Lamar Jackson?

4. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

running Qbs are one hit away of being RG3

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Really hoping the Jets don't fuck this opportunity up.

Also, let's hope these guys perform well and declare.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's going to be red light-green light with these guys come declaration day. All of them are going to be watching the top two and deciding whether to come out in 2018 or stay in school. A few will come out either way but most of them will be watching the names and playing off of that to navigate the process.

Being a 1st round pick or a very high 2nd is the only way to reliably get a starting shot in the NFL. After that you're relying on circumstances, like Romo's back or a truly open QB competition in Seattle in 2012 to get a real shot.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

One thing for certain is there will be many posters next draft season saying we should wait for the next draft to address QB.

NYJetsO12, TonyFtLaud, FJF and 3 others like this.
  8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What opportunity? The chance to lose a ton of games in 2017 in the hopes one of these guys declare? Also I'm confused by the infatuation of the 2018 draft class; are we saying every single one are FQBs? Darnold looks promising but I don't see anything special about the others unless we running a pro-style offense has now superseded talent.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

IMO, some don't have a choice but to come out.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets already blew the opportunity to get an extremely talented QB. Now we gotta hope they get into position for another one and for them not blow the opportunity again.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Come on now. Are you that obtuse?

I don't want to see the Jets deliberately lose games. Quite the contrary actually and I hope Hackenberg is the FQB.

However, I, along with many others, anticipate the Jets will be picking very high in the first round of the 2018 draft.

If this occurs, the opportunity for the Jets would be to capitalize on the "stars aligning" for them to finally find the FQB.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

Jets already blew the opportunity about 3 times already. All in different drafts. I might've taken Kizer in that second round instead of Maye. Not too sure about him.

FJF likes this.
  13. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I see that Rosen is still living off the hype of his freshman year? He was pretty rough this season and also has nerve damage to his throwing shoulder.

almbleamal, legler82 and joe like this.
  14. Br4d

Those aren't the droids that we're looking for.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. DSL97

DSL97 Member

RGKnee

njjets93 likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

I call it the Matt Barkley rule personally.

Br4d likes this.
  17. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

Mayfield character/ maturity issues. Nothing serious but, there is a video on the net of a drunk Mayfield trying to run from cops when he got arrested months ago. Stidham maturity issues quits when he don't get his way. Mason Rudolph not that good I would rather stick with Hack and Petty, lol.

One thing I learned through the years is don't listen to the so called "experts" . One expert gets an opinion and everyone follows. Some of these guys are really clueless. Watch these kids play yourself. An example would be Mahomes.. The experts all had him as a second round at the absolute most when he came out for the draft, but after interviews, combines, etc. he shot up the board. All of a sudden the experts knew all about his arm, character, and smarts, lol. You still have some saying as a system QB he has a long way to go but he may make it. CYA. Hell even Casserly talking about high ranked UDFAs mentions Canon from Baylor , but was calling him JD Dunn. One expert that did look like he did some homework was Mayock . He was at combines, pro days and all star games.

I watch a lot of SEC and Big XII games but didnt see much of PAC so I am not sure on Darnold and Rosen.

18. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

as always, this long list will be cut down to one or two guys once they start to play more and there flaws are shown or they stay in school longer.

FJF likes this.
  19. Br4d

Mahomes has too much stretch in him at the moment. If you watch his highlights he's always improvising and doing stretchy things. That will work in an Air Raid or really any heavy spread but it will not work at the NFL level.

Think Geno putting the ball behind his back type stuff.

For Mahomes to work out he's either going to have to be the only guy who can get away with doing what he does (Brett Favre) or he's going to have to become a much more disciplined QB and player. The first thing is maybe possible, although unlikely, but the second is probably 100-1 against. You don't lose your flash when you move to a higher stage it just doesn't wow the crowd any more unless you are very lucky.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  20. joe

joe Well-Known Member