2018 NFL Draft: New York Jets 7-round mock draft in November

Discussion in 'Draft' started by James Hasty, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Full stats for Jarrett Stidham

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/3892775/jarrett-stidham

Played 3 games at Baylor before leaving at the end of his first year, in the wake of a sexual abuse scandal at the school and the firing of much of the coaching staff, on July 7, 2016

Transferred to McLennan Community College where he didn't play football, then move on to Auburn after a further year.

Watch the Iron Bowl on Saturday to see how he plays under pressure against Alabama.

2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Yeah another 1st round pick on Defense, HELL NO!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

"Stidham is among the most accurate and best deep-ball throwers in the country. His 130.1 passer rating on throws of 20 yards or more sits at eighth in the country, per Pro Football Focus. He’s racked up 619 yards, 5 TDs, and no interceptions on such throws [not including the Georgia game]."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#23 legler82, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I revisited this thread because when the OP created I thought I might have been hallucinating..lol

Hasty and 101 want 8 more years of defensive picks...makes so much sense heh

2018 class loaded with top tier QB talent but some guy name Stidham is just as good if not better than Rosen and Darnold ...sure why not

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You need to get on the Kirk Cousins train. Using our vast salary cap room (most in the league) we can afford the third most productive passer of this season leaving us free to use our high draft pick to fix other problems.

Also, I did not create this mock draft but liked it enough to share it with the group. I would not be adverse to trading down or even using out extra second round pick to trade up for one of the elite non-QBs,

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It's ok with me Hasty ..you can think what you want...Wash may still be able to franchise him ya know

And don't forget there are like 10 other teams who want a K Cousins and with $ being equal why in the world would he WANT to come here???? I would not exactly say we have a brain trust waiting for him to skyrocket his path to the HOF??!!!

7. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

And there is the elephant in the room that no one ever mentions. People keep saying sign Cousins as if Cousins or any other team doesn't have a say in the matter. He could be the last piece for a team like Jacksonville as opposed to some building block for lesser franchises.

And you can't even rule out the 49ers yet (well, 99.9%), but they are taking the time to evaluate Jimmy G, but they could always sign Cousins, keep their likely #2 pick, and flip Jimmy for more assets. They are sitting in the cat birds seat either way.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Frankly I wouldn't mind this draft pick, provided the OL grows to play better football.

I don't see how Wesley Johnson will achieve just that. [I'd like a C with that 2nd 2, from which the RB was picked.]

P.S. Finding decent FA RB would be easier than finding decent FA C.