2018 NFL Countdown to Kickoff

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by matt robinson 17, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

2. matt robinson 17

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cardinals, Jets, Browns, Patriots.... trying to remember all the teams who Tupa played with but I can't remember where he went after he left here

4. BrowningNagle

Norman "Boomer" Esiason 1993-1995. Another good man. Too bad it didn't work out here as much as we all hoped on the field.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Aside from the fact that he threw the ball like a girl, I really liked Tupa. He was a good punter and I loved having a punter that could fake a punt and throw the ball. IMO we didn't take enough advantage of his skills in that area, but that was Parcells.

7. matt robinson 17

Bucs and Redskins

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

We also forgot hophead John Hall at #9. Oh, and Tupa was better than Rick Mirer. Back to #7 . . . Ken O'Brien

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. jetophile

[​IMG]

To this day I still don't know whether to o_O:eek::oops::mad: or :D. It's just so . . . Jets. I'll never forget my reaction when I got the text from my rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie. What? I think I just grunted. I seriously still can't believe to this day that Geno got punched in the face.

EDIT & P.S.: I was in one the most horrific places in the world: HOME GOODS.

#789 jetophile, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  10. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I may be wrong , but I have a fuzzy memory of the team announcing the Boomer signing, and his new No 7 jersey, while Kenny O was still on the team, and wearing No 7!

mrjet80 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  11. jetophile

I can't recall who it was at the moment, but someone on the Jets crap OL almost got Esiason carted off the field in a body bag. Who the F was that now? Esiason was out cold and was so seriously concussed his eyelids were purple. It was that bad. Thought he was dead for a couple of minutes.

12. jetophile

Your memory isn't as fuzzy as you think. This team, lol. I think it was when O'Brien was in the midst of getting traded or something. I don't know, all of the debacles blend together.

#792 jetophile, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    RPOZ51 likes this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You are correct my friend.........O'Brien was released a few days or possibly the day after Boomer was signed.

Let's not forget this is the same franchise that waived both Joe Namath and Joe Klecko. The best offensive and defensive players in the history of the franchise.......

NCJetsfan and RPOZ51 like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

It was bullshit. The refs should’ve blown the whistle and stopped the play. It was a blatant offsides. But they let Bruce Smith destroy Boomer.

The Jets Olineman who let him do it was Mciver I think, maybe Malamala. I can’t remember basic instructions at work like Homer Simpson at the nuclear plant but I can remember that play vividly and I can name the entire 1995 Jets offensive line. The bong residue only clogs up certain parts of the brain I guess

RPOZ51 likes this.
  15. mrjet80

No it was Everitt McIver a second rate guard who was playing LT that day....he also trash talked Bruce Smith on the play before the Boomer hit.

You can't make this stuff up.......

BrowningNagle and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. mrjet80

Now that I've thought about it I think you're right O'Brien was traded not released. I want to say he was traded to the Packers but I remember him playing for the Eagles that year.......

17. jetophile

McIver, that's it. And then Bruce Smith "felt terrible about it". OK. Esiason still has some mildly hard feelings towards the Jets, but he isn't the Jets hater a lot of people make him out to be. He's actually always been rather fair, and he was the only sports analyst with enough guts to call the Cheats cheats and actually used the word cheating. Imagine that? He just came out and said it. They cheat. Everyone's reaction, you'd think he called somebody's mother a whore. The awkwardness was stellar. I should try to find it, lol.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sanchez had real promise. To strip him of his offensive weapons after back to back AFC Championship Games was criminal; and Tanny deserves hell for it.

19. BrowningNagle

Bubby Brister hahaha

[​IMG]

if you go to :55 in this video you can see the most memorable moment of Bubby's career

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, but no thanks. I'd just as soon stab myself in the eye with a sharp stick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.