2018 NFL Countdown to Kickoff

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by matt robinson 17, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Victor Green! 1993-2001 A junkyard dawg safety that always led with his forehead :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I loved Victor, and he made some big plays for the Jets, but also gave up a lot of big plays. He never learned to not bite on pump fakes.

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

A lot of mileage and a very good player for an undrafted FA...unfortunately you are right. It cost us a Super Bowl berth.....I still believe had the Jets stopped Denver on that drive following the blocked punt it would have been a much different story......

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. matt robinson 17

6. matt robinson 17

Delles Howell 20

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Royal's favorite player.

8. matt robinson 17

Sadly all I remember is McCaffrey beating him like a drum on that 47 yard play that started us down the tubes

9. BrowningNagle

Richie Anderson, long time fullback. 1994-2002. He had that memorable catch and run in the 2002 home playoff blowout of the Colts. I think he scored on the play but its possible he was taken down at the 1 or something. Either way it was a huge play

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He was a long-time Jet, but I was never a fan of Richie Anderson. I always thought he was overrated, but I didn't hate him like sgrayson of the old NY Times Board (who used to post her under sg1, I believe). He thought Anderson should be horsewhipped at midfield during halftime.

Anderson wasn't a good blocker at all. He'd just momentarily get in the way of a defender. He was a pretty good receiver out of the backfield, but not that good a runner. I think he did come up pretty big in the Monday Night Miracle at the Meadowlands. I think he averaged one fumble a year, which one might think is pretty good, but considering he only averaged 31.8 carries per year during his 10 seasons with the Jets, it's pretty awful.

11. matt robinson 17

He was a reliable sure handed receiver more than a blocker/runner

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. matt robinson 17

13. jetophile

Keymouth Johnson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. jetophile

[​IMG]

I told this one YEARS ago, but it's worth a re-tell. A good friend of mine had moved out of state and mailed me a Keyshawn Johnson beanie bag doll bear thing for my B-day the year he was drafted. I'm not really into stuff like that (I make an exception for sock monkeys), but it was such a thoughtful gesture. And then I thought, ya know, it really is kind of cute in a sweet way. I put it on our work desk at home where I do bills and stuff. A day later, my dog crept up the stairs like a thief in the night, brought it to his lair (the living room), tore the head off, and disemboweled it. Was this an omen, a harbinger of doom? I found it hilariously funny but felt really bad at the same time. My dog looked like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and I yelled, "The dingo took my baby!" My friend thought it was hilariously funny as well (I had to tell her), and as it turns out, it was a cheap knock-off from the dollar store. The moral of my Keyshawn Johnson Story is that even in Jets beanie bag doll knock-off land, the Jets still gonna Jet.

15. jetophile

[​IMG]

One thing that I have to admit that I found spit out my ice-cold Pepsi funny in 'Just Give Me the Damn Ball', was - and I quote - "O'Donnell was like a stiff puppet in the pocket." More on Keymouth later, but here's an amusing tidbit that I've shared before in the meanwhile. That abomination Justin Bieber was speeding like a jackass in the CA neighborhood they both lived in. I can't stand that Bieber punk. I hate his music. I hate his face. I hate his poser persona. I hate his giraffe neck. I hate his tattoos. I hate his immaturity. I hate his sense of entitlement. I just hate him. So Punky Bieber, after coming off an arrest for his idiot drag-racing performance happened to be speeding in front of the wrong person: Johnson. Keyshawn lost it, because his daughter was two years old at the time, and he had warned him before. Keyshawn chased him down in his Prius into Punky Bieber's driveway and Bieber bolted and ran and hid in his house like a little bitch. He wouldn't answer the door. I don't think Johnson would've assaulted him, but did he ever give him a mouthful.

[​IMG]
    Haha, this picture cracks me up. TMZ is so trashy.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

Keyshawn was alright but not a star. More like a flashlight :)

17. jetophile

I wish I could find the photo of Keymouth making his first NFL TD. I was there, what else. He tore off his helmet and roared in the end zone. Fatcesa ragged on him for a good two days. As much I will always have a divided opinion on Kmouth, Fatcesa, please go jerk off the race horse you used to own with Fat Parcells and continue licking the Giants balls. Goddamn, sometimes he was just insufferable. Then him and Russo ripped Chrebet to shreds and said he would never amount to anything. How did that work out. If Keyshawn wasn't a victim of his own ego and professional jealousy as to Chrebet, it probably would've been the best WR tandem in NFL history. OK, that's a stretch; but Chrebet always took the high road.

18. jetophile

Delles Howell, I did pretty good last year, but how obscure. I love the taped fingers in the first photo. Probably band-aids or electrical tape, haha.

19. matt robinson 17

20. matt robinson 17

Matt Robinson 17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NCJetsfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.