2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

As often as I can! Haha I really can’t see their offense doing much this year, there’s questions EVERYWHERE for them. Bears defense is still unclaimed so I might stash them and drop Jordan Reed?

2. Brandon Moore's Butt

Thanks man! Yeah, it seems weird with 8 teams since every roster looks stacked for the most part.

And really appreciate that suggestion. I was thinking the same thing, I probably shouldn’t have taken 3 TE’s but I figured I’d try to hoard them and unload one like what you’re saying.

Should I worry about having a backup QB and D/ST on roster or just worry about it later? The other teams in my league ALL have at least 2 of each, often times more. Not sure who I’d drop to make room either.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would probably drop Ross for a DST and see if you can swing a 2:1 or 3:2 type deal for an ELITE wr. Back up qb in an 8 team league is moronic.

4. Brandon Moore's Butt

I actually just did exactly this, so I’m glad to hear this was probably the right call. Dropped Ross, and was picking between Saints and Bears defense to stash. I went with Saints.

Yeah, I was thinking a backup QB wouldn’t be necessary with so few teams and having Rodgers but seeing so many of the other teams with 2/3 made me second guess myself.

Really appreciate the guidance and second opinions, guys. This being my first season it’s a huge help having neutral parties to bounce ideas off of.

5. dawinner127

After week 1 finishes pick up Chicago D. They have a really nice week 3 - 6 schedule

Brandon Moore's Butt likes this.
  6. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Hyde was definitely a risky pick, but I loved how he looked in the preseason. Biggest worry is Duke or Chubb stealing more carries over the season. People don't usually trade in my league, but I'll hope for a good first 2 games from Hyde and look to trade from a position of strength.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Had my draft tonight. (10-Team, 2 QB League, 2 Flex spots)

QB: Garoppolo, Mahomes and Darnold.

RB's: Zeke, Cook, Fournette, Crowell, Dion Lewis, and James Connor

WR's: Tyreek Hill, Golden Tate, Robbie Anderson, Alshon Jeffery, Randall Cobb, Keelan Cole

TE: Zach Ertz

D: Broncos and Bears

K: Mason Crosby

8. dawinner127

Super deep at RB. Really like it.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

16 team non ppr 1 qb,2 rb, 3 wr, te,k,d 5 bench spots.
    Rothlisberger
    Fournette
    J Williams gb
    M. Thomas n.o.
    G Tate
    Will Fuller
    Antonio Gates
    Carlson Minnesota k
    Cardinals D
    Bench
    Randalll Cobb
    Davonte Parker
    Powell
    Darnold
    A Ekeler rb rams. Just in case they run gurley into the ground.
    I had the 9th pick.
    I think I’m ok with this. Gambling on gates but tes are tough calls after the elite ones go off.

10. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

11. dawinner127

What are your thoughts on PArker? I’ve been high on him for two years already and he dropped super late in my 14 teamer so i snagged him in like round 10-11. Not sure if anyone has him but that back up tightend on the eagles looks really good - especially if ertz goes down.

12. dawinner127

Have a flex question

.5 ppr
    Garcon vs Minnesota - nervous about jimmy g going up vs a real defense. Vikings haven’t allowed over 24 in their last 10 or so Home games.

Wilkins vs Cinci - already have Luck and this is only an option if Mack doesn’t play. Not sure i want to throw more eggs into the colts basket with all the ? Marks

Enunwa Vs Detroit - have him in right now but now I’m seeing kearse might play? I think Enunwa is the best wr out of the bunch and can be a serious force this year over the middle. I think he has 6-8 touchdown upside.

13. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I think you're right, go with Enunwa. I definitely don't play Wilkins. Garcon is going to have a tough time vs Vikes D.

FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  14. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Love your RBs, really nervous about your QBs. I think you will run away with the league if both Jimmy G and Mahomes are solid. I start Elliott, Cook, and Fournette every game and let them carry me to wins. Also I would keep the Bears but cut the Broncos, and look for a solid waiver wire claim Week 1. Your 2nd flex is going to be a headache. There's always someone hot to pick up.

15. dawinner127

I was reading that Rhodes will probably shadow Goodwin but still. That d is good at every position.

Anyone here look at DFS? I remember there were some members here who played a lot

16. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

This is very good for a 16man. I'd look for another QB to give you options when Big Ben is on the road. He's pretty awful on the road.

FJF likes this.
  17. FJF

I think I hope I don’t have to use him. Was optimistic with Landry leaving but not really sure now that he is going to miss at least this week. These bigger leagues though you take everyone with a pulse .

18. FJF

I am horrible at dfs. I still play a little though. I treat it like the lottery. Small bets to try to luck into a big hit

19. dawinner127

Yeah i do 2 $20 in the million every week. I really like tannenhill -> stills stack this week as long as Miami isn’t getting pelted by a hurricane

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I have Julio Jones and Ajayi and they tore it up last night. If Jones had a last minute TD it would have been amazing.