2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 29, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I saw he was down graded and I think they also brought a rb up from the practice squad,,,,,,better check that out

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Dawinner,,,,,Beathard did not help you,Sorry,,,,but Burton did,,,I hope you won. Fjay we can soon look at snowstorms and forget this football stuff

FJF likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I should set a league record for low score this week. I’ve been playing for a long time and I have never had a team sink so fast. I mean nothing has gone right this year.
    Screw it, winter is coming.

CBG likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I went with Kearse. Goes without saying: EPIC FAIL.

CBG and FJF like this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yeah Beathard was terrible. Pretty shocked too because after you mentioned it I went and looked up the last few games for QBs vs the Rams and they were averaging 25 FPPG. Anyways, currently up 14 with Calvin Ridley vs Matt Ryan and Tevin Coleman. Most likely over, but for some reason (i've been saying this since Monday [it's why I did not take Atlanta in my suicicide pool]) I think the Giants win and the defense holds Atlanta down.

I'm more pissed off about getting knocked out my pool. Eagles were up by f**cking 17 points entering the 4Q and they lose. Idiots were dancing on the sideline. Acting all happy like they had it in the bag. Focus up and finish the damn game. Bunch of choke artists. With about 1:50 left on Carolina 31, Panthers had a 4th and 10 and the Eagles allowed a 35 yard pass down the sideline. CHOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think everyone on this board is still amazed that Kearse was the invisible man yesterday

dawinner127 and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. Seemed like a smart move. Mahomes saved me though. I am up 15 but against Ridley and Smith tonight. I have Atlanta's kicker. I will probably lose, but still being in it with Bortles being my QB2 and starting Kearse yesterday is impressive.

CBG likes this.
  8. dawinner127

FFS. Lost by 14 after getting a combined 11 from Kearse, Zeke and Beathard. Should have rolled with Eli like my first instinct told me too. Back to the drawing board this week.

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't care how desperate WE get starting Eli should never be on our bucket list LOL

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. dawinner127

LOL!!!!

Alright fellas here's where I'm at this week.

Currently starting Kearse, Kirk & Tre Quann Smith at WR. Rishard Mattews on the wire.. worth picking him up over Kearse? Mattews was very underrated in Tennessee from what I remember. I picked up Courtland Sutten in case DT gets traded, I think he becomes a viable starter. But my main question, add Mattews drop Kearse or wait a week?

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I'd wait a week. Also, if you're looking for a WR in a deep league (sounds pretty deep) check out the raiders WRs since Amari got traded. Seth Roberts and Martavis Bryant. One of them should get an uptick in targets.

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would think that Kearse at least knows the offense so I would think Kearse makes an appearance this week but the bears are tough. That was a great point about Sutton but the broncos swear they are not trading Thomas,,,,,,,,,,If Anthony Miller is out there , getting healthy and he is in the slot and playing our Jets I am thinking of picking him up he had 7 targets last week and Robinson has not been a world beater and is hurting,,,,,,man you are hurting at WR my friend

13. dawinner127

Had high hopes for Stills and crowder this year... actually just dropped stills this morning lmao.

It’s what happens when you trade picks 2-3-4 for gurley

CBG likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

who's out there on the wire ? Amendola ? Guys in my league actually dropped Anderson who I hate but he gets targets and can find the end zone,,,,,,I like Miller a lot especially if Robinson is hurt....its real slim pickens on the waver wire but there are bodies there

15. dawinner127

Uhm
    [​IMG]

My league is super, super deep. Not much on the WW. I just picked up Mike Williams and put Elijiah McGuire on the IR spot in case he does return sometimes soon with Powell now out for season. Hopefully DT gets dished and Sutton becomes relevant for me
    [​IMG]

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wow talk about slim pickings,,,,no one there worth grabbing,,,u got any depth at a position ,,,can u still make trades ? Hopefully Kirk becomes more relevant and yes that DT gets traded

17. dawinner127

Can still make trades but no one likes to trade. Everyone thinks their players are so much better than they actually are. Gurley and Zeke are my two top dogs at RB in a 14 team league so hoping they can carry me. Currently rocking Mostert from SF at RB2 with Gurley out.

CBG likes this.
  18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

From a fantasy standpoint, do you guys think McGuire is worth adding ahead of his WK9 return? I'd realistically have to drop Aaron Jones.

19. dawinner127

I have an IR spot in my league and it’s super deep so i gave him an add. That GBP rb situation is murky. Don’t really know what to think about it.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I currently have Bell in my one IR spot so I can't add him there. Yeah man I've had Jones for weeks and he's burned me whenever I started him. I notoriously don't like owning Jets; Kearse was a dud for me last week, so case and point there.