2018 Draft - Round 2/Round 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 27, 2018.

1. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

That Pete prisco has a hard on for Allen and the bills draft what a simpleton

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Okoronkwo, Griffin, Ejiofor or Crosby still there. I'd be fine with either. MAYBE Mata'afa?

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Arden Key is a world class asshole.

He was being talked about as a top 10 pick at one time.

What does it tell you where he was taken.

By the Raiders.

He’ll likely be cell mates with Aldon Smith before he ever makes a Pro Bowl.

BacktoQueens and Mogriffjr like this.
  4. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Maybe, Maybe not. What I do know is that Key plays a position that is of 100x more value then a DT. And it didn't have to be Key, there was plenty of falling talent at actual positions of value that weretaken immediately after.

5. Rollo Tomassi

So you were touting a total
    ahole over a player you don’t know but when it was pointed out Key was a total ahole you pivoted to other nameless players you also don’t know because you read somewhere they were supposedly higher rated but we’re falling.

Got it.

Just say you hate the player. One you don’t know.

No need to throw out other players you also don’t know that you’re hoping are better than a NY Jet.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  6. 6-10 once again

Lol, I don't give a fuck if you are an asshole just help my team win games, DL isn't a need for any team with o line or pass rush issues like ours.

As far as if I hate him, no I don't hate him, but I do hate that we picked him

7. Rollo Tomassi

Most aholes don’t help win games.

They help create dissension in the locker room, on the team.

So it’s not instructive to you that a supposed top 5-10 pick actually went 87th?

That doesn’t tell you anything?

Got it.

8. 6-10 once again

id rather take that chance any day, we have his college teammate Adams who is a leader and a person who could reel him in, thought this would be a good place for him.

Many guys in the NFL are assholes.

Let's just agree to disagree tmrw is a new day we can hopefully find some protection or weapons for Darnold tmrw.

9. Rollo Tomassi

I would have preferred all Olineman the rest of the draft but there are some guys that are such aholes that no amount of brotherly or teammate leadership can fix that.

10. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

No argument where the need was / is with the team but with Mac's BPA approach Guice would have been a very nice choice especially flipping a dud like Petty to move up and take him. Maybe I'm one of the few that thinks RB is not a position of strength but that pick would have really helped a young Darnold like the 2009 RB's helped suckchez. Crowell isn't bad but he's not a guy that will get the rock 20-25x a game. He's more of a 12-15 carry / game back. McGuire is a nice change of pace guy but not reliable as a feature back. Powell has been very under-rated but suddenly he's about to turn 30 early in the season. Rawls is total garbage

11. abc

abc Well-Known Member

According to him, with our first 2 picks we got the #3 sleeper and #1 QB in the draft... not too shabby :)

xxedge72x likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We don't develop QB's and we don't draft Olinesmen. I get it. I was hoping we had turned the corner by drafting Darnold.

Oh well, perhaps if they turn Darnold into Joey Harrington then this FO will finally get it on the way out the door. I hope Macc realizes that is isn't enough just to draft a Qb. For really the first time they're gonna have to actually DEVELOP and PROTECT him and if they think they can do that with 3rd and 4th day talent with some mixed in mediocre FAs, then they've got a rude awakening coming to them.

#272 Cman68, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I hated the Sheppard pick when it happened. I still hate it...

14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Look at the offensive contributors we could've had over Shepard. He'll stick for this year but after that I think he gets cut. We could've had Orlando Brown Jr. I get not a good combine but projected their. Michael Gallup. Good young receiver. But no we go dline because that's exactly what we need. Leave it to the Jets. Can't have enought dlineman. We do that after drafting a franchise qb. Why?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ysis-for-every-teams-pick-in-the-third-round/

Just to make you more mad.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Honestly that list of 3rd rounders doesn't impress me in the least.
    I don't think we missed on a whole lot there.

In terms of Shepard, I was disappointed overall in his play.
    He looked a little slow, and his upside may be limited to a run stuffer.
    That said, he was only a rookie who made a big jump from Fort Hayes to the NFL, and can still improve.
    Even if he develops into only a solid run stuffer, he can still carve a nice role on the team. We'll have to wait and see.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I felt way better about Shepard a week ago when I thought we were moving to a 4-3 base. I think he's got the size and skill to be a very good interior lineman especially next to Leonard and hopefully a top-tier edge guy. We'll see, but I'm less than inspired right now.

17. Rollo Tomassi

If it was in the 6th I wouldn’t have batted an eye at it.

A 3rd?

Oooof.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

We are going to play a lot of fronts, so I expect them to try him at 0, 1, 3, and 5 techniques.
    If he can show some position versatility, that will be key.

He has to work on disengaging from blockers, and show some ability to get in backfield if he's gonna play anything but Nose though..

19. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree but these players would've been better and helped us out more. Especially since most of them are offensive players and we drafted a qb.

1. Orlando Brown OT
    2. Michael Gallup WR
    3. Sam Hubbard DE
    4. Mark Andrews (I think Herndon is better but he would've been better than Shephard) TE
    5. Traquan Smith WR
    6. Okorfar OT
    7. Cappa OT
    8. Mason Cole C

Except for Brown and Gallup none of the other guys jump out to me. Hubbard is better at this point and would've liked him. Traquan Smith I like and is better than Shephard but he needs to develop still. The o linemen after that would've developed and instead of needing two or three linement this year we'd need two. This is what scares me with Macganan.

Say no to defense in the first three picks this year. Offense we need to support Sam.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The one thing, sadly, that's giving me hope is the video of him completely annihilating Will Hernandez (Giants OL savior) at Senior Bowl practices. He was always going to be a project but 1. he was taken in the third and 2. we are very impatient by nature. I'm not ready to cut bait, but it's time to fish.