2018 Draft - Offensive Linemen

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Leicester Jet, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Beki

Beki Active Member

I'd say that only possible changes coming regarding our OL, will be LG or C.
    Beachum cannot be cut without huge dead money, we didn't save any cap space cutting Winters, plus don't think Macc would already give up on Shell.
    Wesley Johnson is the best center in the league, that is a no brainer. Carpenter is a huge question mark this year, just like Winters. I just can't decide that the weak performance of WJohnson influencing them so badly or...

So based on above things, I think it'd be a luxury pick selecting a LT (till Beachum is on our roster) and/or playing him as an RT maybe.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Beachum was a guard who the Steelers moved to RT so if they did go LT in the draft there are options for moving him around. Winters and Beachum are both here next year unless they can find trade partners or the team just takes the hit.
    I don't like to use PFF to see where they rank players but I just checked everyone on the line and they all get a poor rating. Need at least 2 high draft picks for the line.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Billy Price against Iowa. Check the tape, this guy has to be a Jets target in round 2 early. Though, he could move to RD1. From THE Ohio State University. I really like how he moves his hands. Quick on his feet. Very agile for his size and has the strength to boot. I don't think he's stronger then Mangold personally, but strength can always be developed. Observe how he pulls, he will move you.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.