[2019 - 2020] NY Knicks Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Sam Hammer, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

How about them Rangers, though? ;)

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Not much better than the Knicks, poor Hank!

3. Sam Hammer

Well at least we had some representation in the all star games. I still say he is the biggest factor in the Met division winning.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah right, all is well in Tankville! =)

Now just have to land one of those top 3 picks to play with Durant, Kyrie, DSJ, Knox, Robinson, and DeAndre on a midlevel exception

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the Knicks didn't thing Christian Wood was worth a waiver claim--Pels got him.

6. GordonGecko

Rapezingis

Sam Hammer, stinkyB and JetBlue like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

As long as that douchenozzle owns the team, it'll be hard for me to really be a fan the way I used to be but.....

8. GordonGecko

yikes what a scumbag

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sounds like something I’d consider a $68k payoff for to keep quiet and not go public with until I didn’t get my money.

FJF likes this.
  10. Sam Hammer

Damn. The Knicks might have dodged a major bullet by moving him when they did.

stinkyB likes this.
  11. GordonGecko

https://nypost.com/2019/04/26/kevin-durants-nfl-playing-friend-believes-all-the-knicks-hype/

Kevin Durant’s NFL-playing friend believes all the Knicks hype
    By Marc Berman April 26, 2019

NaVorro Bowman, the former All-Pro 49ers linebacker and Kevin Durant’s childhood friend from the DC area, told The Post his buddy “needs’’ the Knicks. Bowman, who played youth basketball with Durant starting in middle school, added the Warriors star already has “an idea’’ about a destination for next season and hinted the Knicks are the favorite.

Bowman played seven full seasons for San Francisco before splitting his last season between the 49ers and Raiders. He has maintained his friendship with Durant, a free agent July 1. Asked if the Knicks were a good fit, Bowman went wild.

“It’s New York City, man,’’ Bowman said in a phone interview. “It’s the Big Apple. I think it’s a place where Kevin needs to go to solidify Kevin Durant. I hate to say it, but LeBron (James), he’s a got a way about the people. His legacy is huge right now. “Kevin’s right there. I don’t see who’s ahead of who. But if he goes to New York and does what I know he’s capable of, he’ll go down as one of the best to ever play the game.”

The NBA announced Thursday that James leads in jersey sales at its NBA Store; Durant placed a distant eighth. That would change in a heartbeat, says Bowman. “It’s Madison Square Garden,’’ said Bowman, who grew up in District Heights, the next town over from Durant’s Seat Pleasant, Md. “That’s what we ask when you’re a kid from DC. The biggest stage for the best player. It’s going to be a show. It’s going to be packed. The market there is unmatched. We want to have a little controversy, but in the end, his game is going to speak for itself.”

Durant scored a playoff-career-high 45 points vs. the Clippers in Game 5’s loss Wednesday and face a pivotal Game 6 in Los Angeles on Friday, leading 3-2. Bowman gave no clues the Clippers will be a strong consideration as many have speculated. In fact, Bowman made a reference about leaving California. “It’s an exciting time for him,’’ said Bowman, who did not play last season and is expected to sign with the Niners for one day and officially retire. “It’s his last hurrah to build a legacy in a whole ‘nother state, whole ‘nother organization. You want to make sure you make the right decision.”

While Bowman thinks Durant has enjoyed some of the drama about his future, he understood why the forward angrily denounced the media after the Knicks made the Kristaps Porzingis blockbuster in January and speculation reached a crescendo. “He got a little angry because it was so early and guys wanted an answer,’’ Bowman said. “It doesn’t work like that. Athletes now, we wait until the very last second to make a decision. I think he’s fine now. If I was him I’d be enjoying it. It’s like the draft all over again.’’

Bowman believes only a few clubs will have a crack at Durant. “I think he’ll talk to a small number of teams,’’ Bowman said. “One of those teams will already be the team he wants to go to. The way I look at it is, you can’t put all your eggs in one basket. It’s better to see what everything is about. He’ll have three other teams he’ll look at, but he already has an idea where he’s going.’’

Bowman acknowledged Durant’s decision could also hinge on Kyrie Irving. The Celtics point guard, from West Orange, NJ, has previously expressed an interest in the Knicks. The Knicks have enough cap space to fit the pair. Durant coming solo would compromise his chances of lifting the Knicks out of the sewer.

“The way the NBA is shaped now, you have to be strategic who you are going with for the long run,’’ Bowman said. “But New York’s a great place. You got to know what person and people you’re going to end up with when you make this move. It’s a huge thing. You don’t know what Kevin and Kyrie have perking up. If he’s able to go with Kyrie, I don’t think they’ll be an easy team to beat. (But) make sure you got pieces in order, that’s what I’d tell him before he makes the decision.’’

Handling the crucible of New York won’t be a problem, according to Bowman. “I don’t think it’s an issue,’’ Bowman said. “It’s been so hard our whole life. To get where he’s gotten and it’s still hard. We’re human. Our upbringing is something that if we got through that nothing can stop us. You don’t understand. People don’t get it. It was hard, rugged and not pretty and he still got it done.’’

Bowman, who played football at Penn State, believes he would have made the NBA if he chose that path. (Joe Paterno wouldn’t let him play basketball). Bowman said he was a more explosive player than Durant in middle school and said he didn’t think back then Durant had the drive “to take it.’’ He was wrong. A 6-foot, 240-pound combo guard and AAU teammate of Durant’s, Bowman has attended a host of Golden State’s games across the last couple of years and “cherishes’’ watching KD become a champion.

With retirement looming, Bowman moved back to the DC area, to McLean, Va., this week, mostly for his 9-year-old son who worships Durant. “My son fell in love with basketball and he looks up to Kevin a lot,’’ Bowman said. “He talks to Kevin a lot. It would be messed up if I didn’t bring my son here to learn the game of basketball. I don’t think there’s any other place in this world that can teach the game of basketball like the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia).’’

“I’m not satisfied for him,’’ Bowman added of Durant. “He’s got goals and things he wants to do. It’s always about who is considered the best. And to go after it. It’s the competitor in him. I think the sky’s the limit for him.”

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Durant, Kyrie Irving and a top 3 draft pick. Knicks seaon tix will be hot commodity.

13. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I still do not believe that KD is going to sign with the Knicks. Just based on the history I have a hard time seeing it. Remember that this is a player who hopped on to a 73 win that beat him in the playoffs and had already won the championship without him. Now I'm supposed to believe that he is going to NY as the true #1 player. I don't think he would like the NY media or do well with it. Teaming up with LeBron on the Lakers seems like the much safer option if he is so inclined to leave Golden State.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Usually if this were the past I'd be screaming Zion. But now that all 3 teams us included have the same odds for the #1 pick has me scared. Just the Knick fan in me has a bad feeling we pick 2nd and watch a future great in Zion get picked 1 spot ahead and right in front of my eyes.

Durant & Irving alone would become a DREAM COME TRUE for N.Y BASKETBALL but a trio of Kyrie/Zion/K.D would be epic and by having Zion a freak of nature prospect within the middle of and surrounded by two future H.O.F greatest in their prime would become the BIGGEST TICKET SINCE THE SHOWTIME LAKERS ala move over Golden State as theirs a new sheriff in town.

Dear lord please God make it Zion who #33 Patrick Ewing announces and introduces as our #1 overall pick...

15. GordonGecko

The Knicks won the tank race, now they need a little luck
    Ian Begley

"It's easier to find street parking in Manhattan than it is to find an NBA executive, player or coach who doesn't think Durant is going to sign with the Knicks in July.

Some of Durant's former teammates think it's going to happen, per ESPN sources. Several of his current teammates have told friends that they think it's going to happen, sources said. Opposing agents believe it's a fait accompli: "Just a matter of putting pen to paper," is how one agent of another top free agent in the 2019 free-agent class put it.

Why would Durant come to the Knicks when he could stay with the Golden State Warriors or sign with other teams with stronger supporting casts, such as the LA Clippers or Brooklyn Nets?

One opposing executive monitoring Durant's situation closely believes that the opportunity to win in New York -- and push the notion that he jumped on the bandwagon to win rings in Oakland from the forefront of fans' consciousness -- is a pull for the two-time Finals MVP.

"Winning there would change the narrative around him," one executive said. Multiple executives doing their homework on the free-agent class, though, fully expect Durant to sign with the Knicks and Irving to join him.

Mills, Perry and Fizdale repeated that point often in the ensuing months. Fizdale said recently that he had heard praise from people around the league about how hard his team played and how they treated players, traits that haven't been associated with the team in recent seasons."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26599267/the-knicks-won-tank-race-now-need-little-luck

16. GordonGecko

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Steven A Bigmouth says 95% chance Knicks land KD and Tyree

18. GordonGecko

and some reporter at espn said that the celtics will retool to fit Kyrie and he's going to re-sign for the money and commitment to him

man july 1 can't come soon enough everything is still in the air

19. GordonGecko

If there was a rule that no team can have more than one #1 lottery pick in any 10 year span, the Pelicans / Suns / Cavs / Wolves would not have been able to beat out the Knicks

20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Steven A is forcing me to enjoy the Knicks getting the 3 pick and not the one.

He's been making a lot of fake Knick news lately trying to get someone there.

Him saying Zion should hold out if he wants to screams petty