2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep and that is the part I don't get. Not just how he treated the Islanders, which was terrible, but what about the other teams? It was 5 or 6 right? Including the Sharks I know for sure. So you mess with those other 5 teams the last week, causing them to wait for you and not sign other players, and then you post it was your dream to be a Leaf the whole time. Just doesn't come across well to me.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I’ve stated previously that the Leafs have been my most hated team ever since the cheap shot on Pecca in the 01(?) playoffs so I’m glad JT went there so I can’t be indifferent about him and can absolutely despise him.

I also railed on Snow for not trading him at the deadine; I just can’t understand why you wouldn’t if he was refusing to sign an extension? The outcome couldn’t have been more obvious. He has hidden behind this bullshit low key persona but it’s clear he had this planned.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. JetBlue

The Leafs could afford him now but what does their cap actually look like? That’s the solace I take in that it would appear to be difficult building a winner with Mathews and Tavares. You gotta pay good defensemen to play with JT.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I looked schedule sick and I am not sure,,,,,,,,but I will be at both

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Red Menace likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Fuck that asshole..... That was the phoniest crocodile tear press conference ever.

Can't fault him for wanting to play for his childhood team (like any of us playing for the JETS if we had the ability to) but I can fault him for handling it like a little bitch

8. Red Menace

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for depth and role players. I believe they make a huge difference in the playoffs. Filpula was signed as well, I believe this is about character guys being brought in to help the young guys like Ho-sang and Bellows.

Those young guys are going to be worn out under Barry Trotz system, defense first with a speed based counter attack.

They will need the veterans to guide them through what is going to be a very difficult transition. I’m looking forward to this season.

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We need to resign Dehann,,,,,and trade for a Defenseman or 2 and we need a Goalie that is gonna have to come via trade,,,,,,,,its a day later and I effing hate JT more today than yesterday,,,,,,wednesday we lite fireworks and burn his jersey !!!!!

Red Menace likes this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Save that jersey to burn on gameday vs toronto ;)

11. JetBlue

Who do we have to give up to get Karlsson; or do we have to give anything up if we take Bobby Ryan as well?

A week ago a buddy of mine (Lightening fan) texted me a tweet about the Isles interest in Karlsson. I told him I’d rather have Karlsson than Tavares. He said so would he.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Lehner ?????? Pickens are slim,,,,I will take him numbers are not horrible and we need a goalie!!!!

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Welcome back Matt Martin,,,,,,,,,so our bottom 6 in my opinion is much improved but we still need a goalie and some defenseman ,,,,,there has to be a trade or 2 coming

14. Red Menace

https://nyp.st/2z9jqgG

Some good quotes from Lou about current Islander players.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Meanace I am hoping they are not talking up players like Ho Sang just to trade him. I would see if he is coachable, as far as Brock Nelson I hope and pray the trade him and dis 19 goals for a defenseman or package him for a forward.

16. Red Menace

In fairness to Nelson, this is his first time under 20 Goals in his career. I want to see him in Trotz system before he’s sent packing, Trotz just may get enough out of him on defense.

I’m willing to give everyone a mulligan but Bailey. He’s a 10 year guy who’s played with one of the best centers in the NHL his whole career and is so underwhelming in his production it’s embarrasing. He’s surpassed by guys with shorter careers, Anders Lee, Barzal, Nelson, Beauvillier.

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You are a better man than me Menace as I realize our coaching has blown but some guys even with bad coaching still manage tolook good but Nelson makes me ill,,,,I am so done with him and as far as Bailey = Been done with him for quite some time. More moves please make it happen Lou

18. JetBlue

My boy, the Kings fan, handed me his Tavares Oyo in pieces today. “Look, Dad, killed him. Traitor.”

Good job, Dude.

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

this team still needs a defenseman or 2 just sayin. I know Trots will implement his system and the guys here now WILL play defense but I still think we need a few

JetBlue and Red Menace like this.
  20. Red Menace

I agree, however this year may just be a “see what we have year”. FO will deny that it’s a transition year but if they can’t trade for or sign a good Dman, then they have no choice but to see what the young Dmen can do in Trotz system.

If Karlsson can be had, what would you give up for him?

#1420 Red Menace, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.