2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Tampa Bay here we come!

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Can I not like this ? LOL,,ps his wife will love Tampa and so will her family when he relocates them ,,lol

Red Menace likes this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Snow may have paid him $8 mil a year if he did so.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Thought his fiancée was also from Canada?

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Red Menace

Yes, you are correct. Rumors are that she loves Long Island, so we will see. As CBG posted, John will give her millions of reasons to follow him wherever he goes....$$$$$

CBG likes this.
  6. JetBlue

New leadership in the FO will hopefully give JT confidence in the organization. And if they can also convince one of the goalies overseas to finally make the move to the NHL, we could turn it around.

Red Menace likes this.
  7. Red Menace

I bet the overseas goalies will balk at coming to play for the islanders.

They never learned their lesson from the time Kirk Mueller refused to play for them.

CBG likes this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Two more games left in this miserable season and then L&M are on the clock. I don't know what the timetable is to clean house but I would imagine it would be done as quickly as possible so they can get the new management team in here as soon as possible to fix the mess Garth created. My interest in this team will be at it highest all year the next couple of weeks. What L&M do or don't do will give fans an answer as to what kind of owners they are.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I got this from another site, someone posted this and I am still cringing,,,this was an article written 2 years ago
    Ledecky article

“We should be the world-class destination for free agents. If you think about a [salary] capped world, everybody can spend to the cap and we certainly have no constraints on our GM and our staff to spend. We want to create and continue to progress towards John Tavares lifting that Stanley Cup, so we should be world class in everything we do."

“Let’s get the buzz that you want to be playing for the New York Islanders, because they are a world-class group, world class in the way they travel, where they stay, how they treat the players, the accoutrements of a hockey team. We should make sure our scouting team is the best, that with the things that are not cap-centric we spend intelligently and really provide world-class standards."

“You’re not going to see me sitting in the owner’s box. I’ll be in there [at times], but we’ll use the owner’s box for community. We’re giving away, come sit in the owner’s box, to foundations, to charities, to non-profits. But I want to be out there and hearing what the fans have to say.

“They will come at me and say, ‘How come you traded [Matt] Martin or [Frans] Nielsen or [Kyle] Okposo, and I’m going to say I didn’t trade them. Our hockey people run the hockey. (Those players left through free agency.)"

“Talk to me about other things. Why shouldn’t every game be a playoff game in terms of the experience, in terms of the atmosphere? Why can’t the Long Island Rail Road run the same number of trains for regular-season games as they ran for the playoffs? That’s affecting our fan base. Make that fan base feel that they’re the most important thing."

“That’s what we can influence. But for me to sit here and say that we should trade a goalie or whatever, if I start doing that to Garth and his team, I’ve destroyed the organization and that’s what foolish owners do, and they pay a price for many, many years.

“By the way, this isn’t our first season. It’s our third season, so hopefully we’ve learned something in two years and we don’t make rookie mistakes in our third year.

“I was able to go and talk to 20 [team] presidents the last two years and visit every NHL arena, and I had a list of the best practices of each arena and I’d come back with my group and we’d send that best practices list to Barclays and the organization and say, ‘OK, when it’s our turn, how do we continue to take this data and make the experience No. 1?’”

“I think Garth has put together an organization over time, first with some constraints and now with an ability to spend, that over the last two years was eighth in the league in total points, and he has put together a group that continues to mix and match the players you need to win a Stanley Cup.

“I think what you saw in Pittsburgh this year was instructive. Who scored some of the winning goals? Rookies. Who was the goaltender? A rookie. You look at our farm system, and I know some of you follow our team at that level, I think developing players has been excellent, and I think they’re doing a great job.

“To get in the middle of that and start expressing opinions about this player or that player, that’s a recipe for disaster. You have to support the organization.

“We were talking about stockholders earlier. What’s the standard? We won the first round. We went to the second round. The standard this year has to be, you won the second round and went to the third round. And eventually you have to hoist the Stanley Cup, because that’s what the fans demand. They demand that excellence, on the ice and off the ice.

“The off-the-ice, I can handle, by giving them a great experience. The on-the-ice, that group has to manage that. They have got the insight. They’ve got the experience to decide who plays goalie, who plays on Johnny’s line and stuff like that, not me. That’s a recipe for disaster.

“Each one of you could talk about an owner who came in and completely rearranged the furniture and is paying for it in years and years of poor performance.”

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Red Menace

[​IMG]

Ledecky better take action this year and stop with this stupid hands off approach......if Garth is still GM and they lose JT I will be a fan from afar.

Ledecky does not have to decide who plays on the lines but he should have the pulse of the team he owns and not just hand it off to someone without regards for accountability.

CBG likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

first off I laughed out loud at those guys ready? LOL,,,,,,,,,If Garth Snow is still GM a week from today I am most likely done

Red Menace likes this.
  12. JetBlue

Hopefully he knows the difference between not interfering with management you put in place to do a job and not taking action with management when they don’t and a change is needed.

The former is a sound practice, to let those you put in place to do a job actually do their job. The latter is just incompetent ownership.

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I guess Tavares just scored his last goal for the Isles, last goal of the season, last win of the season...

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  14. JetBlue

Just brutal if that turns out to be.

CBG likes this.
  15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Rangers just fired AV hours after a disappointing season. I hate the Rangers as much as anybody but that move shows accountability. Meanwhile the minor league NY hockey team will probably keep Garth and Doug employed which will guarantee a miserable 2018/19 season.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  16. Red Menace

I’m all for firing weight and hiring AV, the Isles need a veteran coach behind the bench, Rangers problem was talent not coaching.

When matt zucarello is your leading points guy, that’s a problem. He’s not an elite talent.

I don’t know what AV defensive scheme is but it can’t be as bad as weights.

Isles gave up 297 goals this year, highest in NHL since 2007 I believe.

JetBlue and matt robinson 17 like this.
  17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Vigneault gets fired 5 hours after repeatedly saying in his press conference that he’s sure he’ll be back. Whether or not it’s the right decision, it at least shows that management can’t get too comfortable.

Absolutely no reason for Snow to not get fired today. The clock is ticking, boys.

Red Menace and JetBlue like this.
  18. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

It was reported by art staple Garth and weight are conducting the exit interviews which is usually a sign they will be back. At least that's usually the case with typical NHL procedure.
    If that's truly the case I'm not even paying attention next season, and I'd recommend every islander fan do the same to send a real message, not this stupid billboard bs.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. JetBlue

If Snow resigns JT I’ll bite my tongue for another season. But if JT walks and Snow keeps his job, I’ll be a Kings fan first going forward.

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Newsday is reporting their will be a press conference today with Ledecky, Snow and Weight. The article implied that Snow and Weight will stay but could be reassigned. I swear I am done with this clown show if Snow and Weight are brought back. Anyway see what happens later today. I don't know what time this dog and pony show starts but we will have our answers soon. Gut feeling we will all be disappointed.

thedonger, CBG and Red Menace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.