2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace last time we beat them was Jan of LAST YEAR-----they always give us trouble

Red Menace likes this.
  2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

One thing the Isles have going for them tonight is the B's are much stronger at home than on the road. 28-7-3 at home only 15-13-6 on the road.

CBG likes this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Bruins are playing pickup hockey against Islanders right now. Not good!

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That was as pathetic as possible.

5. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

completely outclassed tonight. Can't say I didn't expect it

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Shitty..... glad I missed the game :confused:

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Last night it felt like I was watching the Jets vs Pats on ice. Burn the tape and move on. Next three are winnable...Thursday at Montreal, Saturday at Philly, Sunday home vs Arizona.

stinkyB likes this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

9. JetBlue

I know I am a Ho-Sang champion, but watching the game last night I was rooting for injuries if that’s what it takes to get him onto the ice. This team needs something other than what they have right now, and I’ll take reckless youthful abandon at this point if it changes the direction of this team. But as of now this team is playing like garbage; we absolutely can’t score and the defense isn’t picking us up anymore.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This team just does not score goals , so when the game was 1 love we could have turned off our TV's because it was over. Amazing that they did not want to upset the team chemistry at the trade deadline when scoring goals and the PP were clearly an issue. I said it then = I think LOU is just happy that the team had the record it did and is literally just glad to be here.

11. JetBlue

I don’t think one great player was going to make much of a difference to mortgage the future for. This team was where they were because of defense which hasn’t been the same, either, since the deadline. We were an overachieving team that was going to come back to earth eventually, even if we had landed a Stone or Duchene.

I’m not very upset about not making any trades. The key will be how we build on a pretty good season next year.

CBG likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Blue,IMO = I don't think they needed 1 great player , it sure would have helped but I just believe they could have easily upgraded the talent as this team has so little of it. Had they gotten Kovy or Johannsen or both again IMO that would have been a TREMENDOUS upgrade.The team has not played well since the all star break and the lack of offense and specifically the PP was glaring then and it still is. I mean the power play is like getting a root canal they have 1 goal in I believe 13 games .

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

They are forced to make moves now as Fipp is our 4 weeks and Eberle is hurt-----and Ladd sadly is still in the lineup out of desperation because they have no talent to replace him

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

A regulation win tonight gives the Isles a 10 point lead over the EC's 9th place team Montreal. It would all but guarantee a playoff spot plus need to rebound from the beatdown the B's put on them. Another busy night on the scoreboard as well. We have PITT-NASH, TB-CAR, CBJ-EDM tonight as well.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This is a HUGE game------I would rather lose the NEXT 2,,,,put some distance between us and the Habs. This could be painful to watch but I hope not. We get Eberle in the lineup and hopefully Boychuk cab dress

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

UGH just read Eberle skated today but is a Game Time Decision

17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

stick a fork in 'em...

CBG likes this.
  18. JetBlue

Smart phones really are smart. Mine apparently knew not to bother me with alerts for this mess during my boy’s baseball game. Incredible.

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Bad loss on many levels----Trotz post game said no changes guys in the locker room must get this corrected but IMO how can you not bring up Dal Colle and Ho Sang or anyone else ? Its panic time my friends as this loss was huge. If they really do not care about making the playoffs then keep things the same and they could easily drop a bunch of games but desperate times call for desperate measures Ladd should not be in the lineup and guys are clearly playing hurt or are gassed. In other news everyone on the ice just stood there after Mayfield took that cheap hit and no one did a thing as he lay there = I would sit guys and dress the kids or anyone just for that it was sad to see them show no heart or balls for a team mate. Props at least to Hickey for showing some stones minutes later but he is clearly a liability on the ice as well and should NOT be playing,,,just my thoughts

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Anyone who has been following my aggravation with this team knows that I have been critical of this teams lack of physical players.

Last night was a prime example of how weak this team is, they need to make a lot of changes, Hickey, Bailey, Nelson, Ladd, Beauvillier, Eberle, all need to go and it’s time to bring in tough NHL hockey players.

We don’t need the Broad Street Bullies but that was embarrassing.

I believe they will still make playoffs but it will be short lived.

Changes need to take place next year.

JetBlue and CBG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.