2018 1st Rd Jets Selection

Discussion in 'Draft' started by nevbeats319, Oct 2, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think parcels did more for the jets than Rex did though. We were a legit laughing stock when he took over,not the pretend ones the media portrays us as now, while Rex took over a team that had been to the playoffs practically every other year since 2002.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic FJ, I hated the Rex hire from day one, anyone who is passed over by Ozzy should have been a red flag for the jets.

I liked Parcells.

tbruner12 and FJF like this.
  3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

If they don't sign Cousins, their 1st round pick has to be a QB

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Just any QB? Seriously, not mocking you, because Mac might only like 2 guys and I hope to heaven they don't select Rosen.

If Darnold and Allen are gone, who do they select with a top 7 pick?

5. JetFanInPA

Good question... My initial thought is always to say it depends who they think is the best fit, but they're making it hard to trust them with QB picks. I'd put any of those top QBs, Darnold, Rosenm Allen, Mayfield and Jackson in play depending on availability. Each brings strengths and concerns and I don't love any one of those prospects.
    Jackson would be dynamic and from what I've seen, he's a good passer too, but is he good enough?
    Mayfield has been unbelievable this year, but how will he adjust into the NFL?
    Allen has plenty of NFL tools and has been on lousy teams, but is that really the only reason he hasn't played well in college?

Whoever is the best fit for this team and offense and or who they are willing to truly center the offense around and put into a position to succeed, not forcing somebody to play in a system that doesn't suit them.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hopefully Rosen passes the physical at the Combine and then drops to the Jets on various red flags.

It might complete the circle that passing on Dan Marino for Ken O'Brien began.

If the 1965 Jets were worried about the kind of red flags that Rosen has they never would have drafted Joe Namath. Bad knees, big partier, loudmouth. Can't draft that guy, he'll get destroyed in the NY media fishbowl.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I definitely don’t think Rosen at say 7 or so is out of the question but I’m certain that one of Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield will be available.

If Jets don’t sign Cousins in FA then one of those QBs has to be the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  8. JetFanInPA

So much can happen between now and the draft that this is definitely possible. I'd take a gamble on Rosen if he's there.

If not... I'd rather go down with guys who have been productive and consistent like Mayfield or Jackson rather than another project like Allen.

With that said, I'm intrigued with the idea of taking a QB in the 4th round too as Washington did a few years ago. Looks like they're gonna need a couple anyway

Br4d likes this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets took QB's with their first 3 picks in 1965.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. JetFanInPA

11. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

On the defensive side of the ball, he was the best coach we have ever had. Other than that, nothing.