2017 Schedule (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Apr 20, 2017.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Highly unlikely Jets have any primetime games this year other than a mandatory TNF game.

same old jets likes this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The NFL wants to put Jet games on at 3am Sunday morning

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

LMAO

Theres 2 wins in there with any luck

Mystery question: Deep into an opponents territory with chance to get the go ahead score with a TD will Bowles go the FG?

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thursday Night Football is even worse.

5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

They'll set it up where teams like the Browns, Chargers and other non playoff teams will be the first few weeks so when Hackenburg or a drafted qb take over they'll play against playoff teams and the first year or rookie qb will get thrown to the wolves and not make any progress.

In all reality the one mandatory Thursday night game and then all Sunday 1 or 4 pm games. Indifferent to the upcoming season. Hopefully someone will buy some of our tickets this year. Looking forward to the draft to see what young players I can get excited about.

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

The product of the game is awful. I get that the election hurt the ratings last year but I think the Thursday Night game product hurt and the oversaturation of football. I used to love all day Sunday and Monday night. Now as an adult and kids I don't have the time and when I turn on a Thursday night game I see the Jaguars and Texans playing and I am like why stay up for this. Go back to Sunday and Monday night and give me a few good teams.

7. 101GangGreen101

The players are barely even ready to play by Thursday after playing just that Sunday. TNF is hurting the product in a big way, I hate watching those games.

8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

The only plausible way to change this is to have teams play Thursday night games coming off a bye. The product might change and teams get an extra mini bye. Unfortanately that is common sense and I don't think the NFL has any especially when it comes to making the schedule. To have the Jets play 3 home games last year 37% during the night is unfair to the fans but they don't care about us. They just care about the money we spend and they get. Just look at the preseason and the fact we have to pay full price tickets and parking. Have to love the NFL.

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Last Thursday Night Football game we had I thoroughly enjoyed. Those Saturday games suck like a Fitzpatrick.

10. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

I wouldn't expect anything more/less than a futile 7-9 season. There's 0 expectation, so of course they will be better than last year when they had some.

Play slightly better than anticipated, but putting themselves in the middle of the pack for the next draft.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

With the crap on this team, including the coach, 7-9 would be like winning the Super Bowl

12. 101GangGreen101

I agree in terms of the BYE, Seattle got screwed last year. I think they need to just can it and allow teams to practice more so players are developing better. Also, get rid of 2 preseason games.

It is all about the cash money though. Owners don't care about the fans and to an extent maybe even the players. We'll move teams out of town, awful scheduling for players.

13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. I also agree with you that they need more practices. I get concussions and things but they need the players to have 2 or three two a days a week during training camp and a few more contact drills during the year. I think it'll improve tackiling and other fundamentals that will help the players. I'm not saying go back to the way it was but today we have gone to the other extreme. I think something in the middle will be better. Might even see a better product. on the field too.

14. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Would it? It would be too good of a record to for a good pick, and we know the journeymen who would get us to that record would not have a long term impact on the team.

I can't think of a worse place to end the season.

Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's a trick question!!!

Depends of what Jets fans are in the mood to bitch about: not scoring, or not tanking.

FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

In all honesty I don't see any way this is a 2win schedule, which is what it will take to win the Darnold lottery. Makes getting your QB when you have the chance this year even more imperative.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I just want a Top 2 pick. I watch zero college football. I know nothing about evaluating QB's but the ones I know rave about Darnold and Rosen. I never watched them even play.

That said, what good is 7-9 or 8-8? It guarantees you to pick outside Top 10 and have a shot to one of those two QB's. Give me 0-16. In fact, give me 1-15. I don't want Jets to be the second team to go 0-16. 1-15 should do the job for top pick or second pick.

Bowles is an idiot. Weak leadership skills to run a team. Weak defensive schemes. He doesn't inspire players. He doesn't make players go the extra mile for him. This Jets team will not win more than 7 games. If that's the case, what's wrong with throwing next season away for the good of next 10-15 years?

NYJetsO12 and Br4d like this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The QB probably isn't out there this year. None of the top prospects look strong and after that it's all major guesswork.

You can't get what's not out there to be got.

Trubisky has 13 starts in college and coming out as a Junior.
    Watson is a great talent at the college level but not a likely NFL star.
    Mahomes is from an Air Raid.
    Kizer is a 2 year starter coming off a bad season and a redshirt sophomore.

That's 4 guys you'd take on a hope and a prayer and need some help for it to be answered.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

Per the 506.com board, the NFL has said that every team does not have to appear in prime time. Being from the NY market will probably give them one Thursday game and one Monday game.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I disagree, outside of the very few QB is always a hope and prayer. There are at least 4-5 very talented QB prospects in this draft and outside of Darnold, the QBs next year will be a hope and prayer but we might not be in position to get one next year.