2017 QB Class, Who would you select? (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pags2112, Mar 20, 2017.

?

Using the scenarios below, please select the QB of your choice(s).

1. Projected Grade Rd 1. Mitch Trubisky.

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Projected Grade Rd 1-2. DeShone Kizer.

3 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Projected Grade Rd 1-2. Pat Mahomes.

11 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. Projected Grade Rd 1-3. Deshaun Watson.

16 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Projected Grade Rd 2-4. Davis Webb.

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. Projected Grade Rd 4-6. Brad Kaaya.

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. Projected Grade Rd 4-6. Nate Peterman.

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  8. Projected Grade Rd 4-6. Josh Dobbs.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. Projected Grade Rd 4-6. Chad Kelly.

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  10. We should not draft a QB.

26 vote(s)
    34.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

First of all I said "Watson is getting lots of love because many think, "he won the National Championship, he's a winner"". That is what you responded to.

Secondly I followed that up with, "When I read posts that say, "We need Watson because he is a winner", with almost no other comments, that tells me they are basing their wanting to take Watson at 6 on that reasoning. So no, not apples to oranges."

I think it should have been pretty clear that I was clarifying for you I was talking about posts that say, "We need Watson because he is a winner", with almost no other comments.

I don't take your analysis seriously enough to get in depth on your posts.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Your loss.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not the year to draft one. sit this one out

I wish luck to some of those players. I think Watson, Kizer and even Kelly could have success in this league depending on where they land but I want our Jets to stay away from all of those players listed in the 2017 NFL Draft for a number of reasons; some the specific player's issues, some team issues

Red Menace likes this.
  4. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah well they got a full contingent for Mitchells pro-day. Joy...

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Reminds me of when people were high on Sanchez because "he had the IT FACTOR!!"

It's about as vague and nondescript as liking a player's "intangibles" and not really trying to explain why.

The Waterboy and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

We have a site full of coaches and analysts.

HomeoftheJets and Pags2112 like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Pat mahomes is my choice but not in any high round..default to no QB this year

8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

He was 8-5 as a starter in 2011 including a playoff win. Kyle Orton began the season as the starter going 1-4 before giving way to Tebow. Everyone knew that Tebow had deficiencies as a QB, so I'm not defending his QBing technique and I never called him a winner. I only said he wasn't what I considered to be a bust.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

As the common fan I like Mahomes, Watson & Trubisky and would have no problem if either of them were selected at 6.

I think Mahomes has the highest ceiling, followed by Trubisky and then Watson but I think Watson has the highest floor.

Ideally I'd like to get Howard or Williams at 6 and then take whichever of these QBs that makes it to the 2nd. If they're all gone I'd consider Kizer or Webb.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I want nothing to do with Trubisky. Qbs who only start 13 games in college are almost a sure thing to bust. One of the best predictors of NFL success is the number of college starts a QB has. Trubisky needed to play another year of college FB. Mahomes is a project. He played in a spread offense and has poor mechanics. He is a function of the offense at Texas Tech. He is in many ways similar to Petty = strong arm, but no experience in an NFL offense. The Jets already drafted two project QBs in the past two drafts. Enough already.

Watson is the only QB I would consider with the #6 pick, and I have significant reservations. I watched him play numerous times and was not overwhelmed. He has talented, athletic, and is a winner, but was inconsistent and threw far too many picks. The question with Watson is whether he is Cam Newton or Vince Brown?

11. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I'd probably go with Brad Kaaya in the 4th or 5th. Yes guys like Webb and Mahomes have more talent, but I'd rather have a "high IQ" guy with a perfect throwing motion as we know our staff cant coach/develop QB's.

Pags2112 likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

I could go along with that approach (keeping my fingers knotted hoping Mahomes or Watson fell to our 2nd).

13. ColoradoContrails

That makes some sense given our poor QB development record. I would look for Peterman who I think comes pretty ready to play given the pro-style Pitt offense and playing in the NE winters.

Pags2112 likes this.
  14. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Or Vince Young.

15. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I'm also liking Kaaya in the later rounds, he's growing on me. Still liking Nate Peterman .. if you watch his film he looks like a young Aaron Rodgers with a weaker arm.

16. ColoradoContrails

I understand the concern about the spread offense, but other QBs have succeeded coming from that style, and I think his athleticism and ability to make plays with his arm trump that concern for me. I think the concern about his mechanics are misplaced - he makes all the throws, and throws other QBs only dream about. He will take a little time adapting to the pro game, but his abilities can be put use pretty quickly since a lot of game plans call for the shotgun, not under center. I wouldn't be surprised if he could beat out Petty, Hack, and McCown, Day 1.

If they passed - or couldn't get - Mahomes, I like Watson, as you say, "talented, athletic, a winner", and you don't play in two NC games and win one against what everyone was saying was an unbeatable team, without being damned good.

I agree 100% about Trubisky, but really fear the Jets are in love with him. He's got Sanchez Part Deux written all over him.

If they waited until a later round to get a QB, I like Webb and Peterman.

17. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I am more concerned with the coaches or whoever is running the workouts. How the hell do we know if the new guys are any better? We aren't exactly a team known for producing... well doing jack s___ with QBs.

18. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

No QB this year. We have two young QBs on the roster now. Time to play them and see what they are.

If they suck the draft is loaded with QBs next year

#suckforsam

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Kaaya is awful. I can't believe that anyone would want him here. SMH

We don't know that our staff can't coach/develop QBs. In case you haven't noticed, we have a new QB Coach and a new OC. We don't know what they can do.

20. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

If they see soemthing in one of thee QB's, say Watson for example, then yes grab him. But they need to be absolutly sure that guy IS the future.