2017 OTAs Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 23, 2017.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

haha--Eric Smith says hi

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Yeah, but at least he burned the final time out to get the punting unit on the field........

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Hack is coming into this season with something he's never had since getting drafted...pressure.

You know he reads the tabloids and comments on social media about how desperate this fan base and franchise is to finally solidify the most important position on the team...to think he wasn't going to come into OTA's with jitters would be naive.
    Let the kid get his feet wet and have some time with his O skill position guys and then we'll see.

Pags2112 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Read somewhere that Pryor is dumb as a stump and had a hard time figuring out assignments last year, kept making same mistakes over and over again, pissing off his coaches. I'll try and find the article later, but it's only a week old or so.

Pags2112 likes this.
  5. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

You must have forgot...

[​IMG]

NYJFOREVER and Red Menace like this.
  6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

The original Alligator Arms

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Jets fans have long memories...
    [​IMG]

...his middle name was "Slipitis" and he's another famous Jets first rounder.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

God fucking awful throw.

I don't even know what the route was supposed to be. It looked like hook route, if I had to guess. No zip whatsoever.

P.S. Pryor can go fuck himself.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I didn't forget, but Pryor always seemed to fall well before the defender even got in his range.

Pags2112, Red Menace and Jay Bizniss like this.
  10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He still doesn't know the ball is behind him!

101GangGreen101 and Pags2112 like this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You are probably right about Pryor being dumb as a stump...but no one is as stupid as ex-jet DB Kyle Wilson. Remember when the jets had the Ravens in a 3rd and 29 hole, Then Wilson held a WR on a 5-10 yard out pattern--automatic first down. On 3rd and 29. Dumb dip.

12. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I really think he missed Tuesday purposely knowing it was a media day. Hiding out to avoid answering any questions that would hurt his pride further. It's voluntary so there would be no penalty except for him looking like the baby he is. I'm glad the Jets are moving on .. signing Corey White from Buffalo, although not a flashy signing by no means, was a nice depth pick up. White can play any position in the secondary including safety and is good in run support. He also has been documented as being a team player who regularly takes young DB's under his wing. Whites pickup and a good camp on his part could mean the release of Pryor unless he has a good training camp of his own. Either way more changes in the defensive backfield are to come.

Edit- was just watching last season's game against the Ravens and Pryors bad play .. he just took out Buster Skrine trying to gain ground on a deep route knocking them both out the play. Ay Vay.

#92 Pags2112, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  13. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I prefer Organised Team Activities this time of year to the Disorganised Team Activities we enjoy from September to December.

14. 101GangGreen101

Apparently he's taking 3rd team reps. Would rather see him on the roster. I would be shocked if we cut him this season. Shame, we could have Derek Carr instead of him.

Pags2112 likes this.
  15. Pags2112

I wanted him on the roster too .. but if hes not mature enough to handle life's ups and downs .. I'd rather him be off the roster especially if he's not going to put in full effort. Guess we will see though .. WOW .. Derek Carr > Calvin Pryor!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

this is true, better off cutting your losses. Jets have good depth at safety. Shame they couldn't trade him. They killed the values of Sheldon and Pryor.

BleedingGreen55 and Pags2112 like this.
  17. Pags2112

It's like Sheldon doesn't know when his words have bite to them .. he pretty much gave his opinion about Hackenberg and said he wasn't ready .. or is that me misreading it? At least Pryor isn't a media leak .. or is he lol?

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

I know that hindsight is always 20/20 but when speaking of Calvin Pryor, I never understood why we selected Pryor... instead of a beast Safety out of the SEC from Alabama in Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. That kid is already a Pro-Bowler.

What bothered me most about the drafting of Pryor. Is that heading into the draft we all knew that (that) WR class was going to become something special. We passed on WR talents such as Brandin Cooks. Kelvin Benjamin. Marquise Lee. Jordan Matthews. Allen Robinson. Jarvis Landry etc. We needed WR help at the time too. We even passed on more receivers during the 2nd round and picked a TE in Amaro instead.

Hindsight is 20/20 but if Maccagnan were our GM at the time, with his ability to scout talent? There is no question in my mind Maccagnan would've drafted one of those WR kids with one of our 1st two picks. I'm not even an NFL scout and even i knew that class of WR's were going to emerge onto the next level.

19. Anyone who ever says that the pre draft press conference is meaningless need not look any further than that season. Idzik & Terry Bradway did it...Like the fool I am I listened to the whole thing.Someone asked the question regarding the loaded WR class & the prospect of taking 1 early. Seems like a stupid question on the surface but the answer was very telling. Terry Bradway basically cut the fan off and proclaimed "we can get 1 later. It's a very strong class".Culd always be hot air & a bluff job..but hearing his press conferences for a number of years you could tell he was serious.

While everyone agreed it was a strong class...They clearly misread the board & missed out on everyone of the legit guys. To make matters worse they panicked & reached on lesser WR prospects..all of which flaked out but for Enunwa. Anyone ever tells you the post draft press conference is meaningless can look to this year as well. When someone in the press questioned the Jalen Saunders selection...someone cut them off...guess who?Terry Bradway again. Based on his strong worded response saying how tough & high character the kid was...it was clearly him who pounded the table for him.If memory serves me right this was confirmed by one of the major outlets.

One could argue there was no bigger need heading into that draft than skill talent to surround Geno with. Instead of leveraging this fact w. the number of picks & strong positional group..they tried to get cute by targeting someone specific they knew they could get at a particular spot.Same could be said for Jace Amaro in the 2nd round. It was reported way back in December of the prior season that the jets were very high on him..and that sentiment never wavered. He was clearly their pick in round 2 but for extenuating circumstances. That's 2 guys they had strong conviction on that they placed selection priority on that couldn't have been bigger fails.

Complete utter disaster. Here's to Terry F'n Bradway now poisioning the war room in south beach.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Terry broadway hurt this team more than most realize.