2017-2018 NBA discussion thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 23, 2017.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

yeah and he needs that exposure, it's great that he gets the minutes and doesn't cost the team. Nice situation right now

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Feels good that the Orlando Magic are finally relevant again.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Jason Kidd just got fired, apparently

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Not too pleased with it, but they are underachieving so I get it.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I have very strong doubts that Horny coaches the Knicks next year. This team just repeatedly crumbles in the clutch and his time out usage is less than desirable. His time out plays are almost always terrible. I dunno. It's hard to watch the Knicks these days. I'm shocked they didn't blow that game against the Jazz. Something like 4 open 3s on the last possession.

This is the 3rd year in a row they started great and then regressed as the year went on. It's gotta be the coach. Maybe bring in Jason Kidd.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Rumors that LeBron could fire Lue and make him take the fall for the team's struggles, even though Lue has no control over anything.

Also, Kawhi is having issues with the Spurs.

7. GordonGecko

so how's he going to get off his island with all the bridges missing

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Apparently Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio. That could be an opportunity for the Knicks to pounce on him. Top defensive talent and great on offense. KP isn't a #1 option, he needs a player like that to take the load off him, and we need help on defense.

The only problem is that we'd probably have to include KP & Frank for SA to even consider that trade.

Part of me wants to do it, because KP is beginning to remind me of a guy that just can't stay healthy and can't lead a team on his own. He's an injury waiting to happen and his priorities are off IMO. I know it's controversial and would be "same ol' Knicks" mentality, but it might be best to dump him before he plummets even further and has no value like a Bargnani. In my heart, I'd rather stick with KP, but the Knicks should at least explore the options. If they COULD somehow get him without losing KP/Hardaway you have to go for it.

#68 Sam Hammer, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Brook! likes this.
  9. GordonGecko

Should have traded KP for Kyrie and Nilikina for Bledsoe when we had the chance

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The NBA was a big reason why gambling has been illegal in this country for many years.

Now the NBA thinks it might be legalized so they have their hand out.

The NBA is demanding 1% of all bets on NBA games. Hilarious.

If the NBA wants to make more money, they should stop subsidizing the WNBA.

NBA must've spent hundreds of millions over the years subsidizing the WNBA, which doesn't have fans.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Ben Simmons is 0/10 for 3 in his career. Impressive.

He doesn't have a jump shot.

Then again, he is 6'10.

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He's probably making a play to go to Boston, he knows they need to toughen up their interior, and the Celtics do have plenty of bargaining power.

I believe they also have the injury exemption clause they can use.

#72 Red Menace, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As a Nets fan, I will never forgive King for giving away so many future number 1 picks for past their prime KG and Pierce. I have hope that Marks will build the team into a contender by the start of the next decade given the fact that he's a protege of the Spurs organization. I know this wasn't really a reply to your post, just thought I'd do a mini rant on a division rival benefiting from a dumb trade the team I root for made a few years ago.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

As a Lakers fan, I will never forgive that Russian idiot Prokhorov either for putting the Celtics maybe 5 years ahead of the Lakers with those trades. The Celtics robbed the Nets.

15. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I put a bet on LeBron to join the Houston Rockets about a month ago. My reasoning for it is as follows. I think the most likely outcome this year is the Cavs lose to the Warriors in the Finals. LeBron has been pretty easy to read, and has been quoted as saying he'd rather not make the Finals than lose in the Finals. I think he gets sick of losing to a better super-team and forms one in Houston(He would have lost 3 out of 4 years to the same tream). I don't think he'll join the Lakers(too young) or the Spurs(conflict with Popovich). I'd bet heavy against those two.

16. Red Menace

Hindsight is 20/20, no one knew Irving would end up in Boston or that Tatum would be a star so early in his rookie season.

At the time even I as a Celtics fan never expected Ainges moves to work out so well so fast.

Antoni likes this.
  17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

But even if you pull the Irving-Thomas trade back, the Celtics with Thomas are still a #1-#2 seed in the East.

I like Tatum a lot. Wanted him more than Lonzo Ball and his annoying ass dad. Just another reason the Celtics FO is 10x better than the Lakers right now. Just a better organization from ownership to the GM to the coaches and players.

Red Menace likes this.
  18. Red Menace

My friend liked the Tatum pick more than me, I wanted Celtics to select Josh Jackson as I felt they needed a defensive oriented forward. I guess I was off on that one. I wasn't convinced on Tatum until I saw him in summer league.

Lakers or Johnson fell for the ball hype machine, I can't believe they and the sixers ended with the two worst players in the top 15.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

absolute robbery, I remember posting about it at the time.

Celtics didn't want those guys, period, all were washed up.

Not only did the Nets take them, they threw Boston a ton of picks.

It was similar to the Dodgers/Red Sox. Boston dumped a bunch of bad contracts on LA and got prospects.

In both cases, the Boston teams made out like bandits, in two of the most lopsided trades in recent history.

Antoni and CotcheryFan like this.
  20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This season has been the tipping point for me with the constant complaining and whining about everything. It’s gone from the National Basketball Association to The Real Husbands of NBA Wives. The players have all turned to a bunch of whining, attention seeking bitches more interested in their interpersonal drama than basketball.

Sam Hammer likes this.