2017-2018 NBA discussion thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 23, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Maybe they can't get by the Warriors or Rockets today but give them time. LeBron signed a long term deal for a reason, he's it in for the long haul. the Lakers will add more stars, the young talent will develop and they will take down the Warriors in time. The Rockets' window has closed

2. BrowningNagle

There has been talk in the LeBron camp about changing his style of play for longevity. Driving, creating his own shot and passing it off to teammates to shoot does a number on the body. LeBron wants to become an off the ball player for once. In that case, Ball, a distributor, is a very good fit as a teammate for him. Ball can find LeBron for the open shot or streaking down the lane.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

hahahah ...

But Lebron to the Lakers is a solid move, I could see him playing some 4 and changing up his game which would suit Lonzo's playing style. Randle looks like he's leaving

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

What is the floor that LeBron will be judged against for the Lakers. If he wins a title, so what? Pau Gasol not only won two but was clearly the catalyst of a bad team turning around and going to three straight Finals. Gasol will likely be a more historically meaningful Laker.

But if he wins two, so what. Shaq won three straight. Win three, Kobe and Magic won 5.

5. JetBlue

I don’t think the Spurs are desperate just to get bodies back. There is nothing the Spurs can get back that would even remotely compare to the loss of Kawhi. They could find free agents who are better than Ingram, or Kuzma and Ball if they let Kawhi walk, or trade him to another team just to spite him. There is no reason to take any of the Lakers players; that’s not necessarily better than nothing.

6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

He won't crack the best Laker of all time list but you already have people saying he is the GOAT and he is 3-6 in the Finals. If he wins say 3 or 4 with the Lakers and finishes with more points, rebounds, assists, MVPs, and at least ties Jordan in rings, more and more people will say he's the GOAT.

7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I was just about to post that no way do I trade Kuzma to the Spurs. He's the best Laker player imho other than LeBron. I would offer Ingram or Lonzo(but not both) and a 1st and cash but no more. If Leonard really wants to be a Laker, we'll all have to wait a year to make it happen. Reason I give up those assets is to lock him and get an extra year of LeBron's prime out of it, but I don't gut my young core to do it either. I think this type of deal is still better than whatever Boston or any other team would be willing to give for a 1-year rental.

8. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Result 9 filipinos ejected , 4 Aussies ejected
    3 filiponis left fouled out , game over

None of the acting like in soccer

101GangGreen101 and stinkyB like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

Australia doesnt fuck around

10. BrowningNagle

He didn't sign there to become some historic Laker. He's already a historic NBA player having played 15 seasons in the NBA and winning 3 titles. The media loves to put everything in historical perspective but I don't think that had anything to do with the decision. He signed there because he lives there, wanted to play for the Lakers, and because it is big for his off the court career.

It is really odd though. People dogged him for ring chasing when he signed with Miami. This time he makes a decision where winning titles is secondary and he gets less shit for it. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

stinkyB and NYJalltheway like this.
  11. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Reports are that Rajon Rondo is going to sign with the Lakers. Another guard who can't shoot - preparation for a Lonzo trade?

13. 101GangGreen101

Cousins signs with the Warriors. 1yr 5.3M

14. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

15. JetBlue

If the warriors stay healthy and motivated they can win 74 games.

16. JetBlue

Whether that is LeBron’s motivation isn’t really the discussion. The point is his stint on the Lakers is going to be judged.

That being said, LeBron has shown he is nothing short of an egomaniac. If you don’t think he cares how his time with the Lakers is going to be judged then we may be talking about different LeBron James.

17. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Fuck it sucks being a Kings fan.

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It sucks being a fan of any team not the warriors.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Was this talked about at all? Unless his injury is a lot worse than people have been saying I would have thought he could do a lot better than one year at $5.3 million. This is a guy who was averaging 25.2 points, 11 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game when he got hurt! How much will he even play?

20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

He's supposed to come back in January, and he didn't get any better offers apparently.