2016 New York Yankees Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

2 out of 3 against a first place team . . .

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Guys I am doing cartwheels. WE GOT THE #1 prospect of the Cubs for Chapman

[​IMG]

3. Dierking

CBS reporting Yanks haul is Gleyber Torres, Adam Warren, Billy McKinney and Rashad Crawford

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Maybe this is a bit of a dark sided mentality but this kid Torres is extremely far away. We got a great prospect but it's not much like the R.A. Dickey deal that allowed the Mets to get players whom were only about a year away. Torres won't even compete for a roster spo until what 2019?

Still a great deal as I could see Chapman re-signing here. They're playing well but I'd love to see what we can get for Miller. Most big time relievers are failed starters whom throw hard. We could potentially have two more in Eovaldi and further down the line Severino.

I'm praying Washington gets desperate as their bullpen keeps blowing saves and decides to offer up Lucas Giolito for maybe Miller & even Beltran. Doubt it'll happen but one can dream as he's expected to be a big time starter as spo as next year.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Heard we're in talks with the Braves re McCann. It'd be great to shed that piece of trash and get some prospects too.

Miller, Beltran, and McCann should be moved if possible.

Also heard NYY are not willing to do a Miller for Giolito trade straight up.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

That last part could be BS though. He's the consensus #3-6 range prospect in the country. They'd be pretty dumb to not trade a relief pitcher for him. We have our future carnations of Andrew Miller in Nathan Eovaldi and Severino.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Agreed I'd pull the trigger.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Not that I'm rooting for them to lose per say, but if it forces their hand to sell tonight's game and tomorrow's might be in their best interest to lose. They need to start trading for guys that'll be ready in the next year and a half though. The Cubs deal was a good haul, but the next couple deals need to be made with that in the back of Cashman's mind.

There are too many of these 18-19 year old can't miss prospects that eventually miss to like them up.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

They absolutely should blow it up. This group is going nowhere, time to shuffle the deck. Lots of money comes off the books in the next year as well.

Let the purge begin IMO.

It'd be great if Severino could turn it around and become a quality starter.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

The outfield makes me furious. Considering Beltran is essentially just a DH now. Hicks/Ellsbury/Gardner have a combined 13 homers. That's atrocious power for an outfield. Why Hicks plays over Refsnyder is mind boggling too. They can afford to give up a little defense with Ellsbury and Gardner out there for a guy that can spray the ball to all fields and actually hits with RISP.

He'd have a much better average IMO if he consistently played too. Play 2, sit 1, play 3, sit 2 is a great way to fuck up a young hitters consistency.

Edit: Adding to that, I really hope they keep Eovaldi. The guy throws fuggin flameballs and with a full offseason to work on that cutter, he could be dynamic. He should get one more year to learn how to pitch if it were my choice of course. Preaching youth, youth, youth and there were rumors about trading a 26 year old whom throws 100 MPH into the 6th inning. Feels like he's been around forever, but he's still young enough to turn into something. If not, turn him into an 8th inning guy and turn the reigns of closer over to Betances already.

#90 Jonathan_Vilma, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Miller traded for prospects. Beautiful.

Now McCann and Beltran please.

Poeman likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's tough for a team like the Yankees to do this, but it is the right move. Band-aids don't work anymore.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Yep. Bring up all the children too. Toss Romine in there, bring up Judge & Sanchez, let ARod DH til he hits 700 (hopefully) so he can peacefully retire and reconfigure this shit. Keep Pineda, Eovaldi, Severino & CC (innings eater & massive contract). Trade Nova for a mid-level guy and be done with this roster.

Have a solid core of Didi, Castro, Byrd, and I guess Ellsbury & Gardner. Resign Beltran as the DH in the offseason and suck it up for two months and next year of extreme mediocrity before we go fuggin crazy spending dollars in the 2018 offseason making a play for one of Machado/Harper or on the shorter term McCutchen/Donaldson and one of the 10+ big name young pitchers including Kershaw, Jose Fernandez, Dallas Keuchel, etc.

14. Dierking

Yesterday Sterling said he thought Gardner was a goner.

Of course, he's John Sterling.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sad to see Miller go, but its the right move. We got some solid kids in the deal. Excited to see what Frazier is all about.

On a side note, John Sterling and Suzy Waldman are the most annoying voices on radio

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Beltran traded to the Rangers for Dillion Tate (4th overall pick in 2015 draft) and couple of minor leaguers.

Do your thing Cash money

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Ivan Nova traded to the Pirates

I like this Cashman

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

When is the last time the Yankees were sellers like this at the deadline? Early 90's? Been at least 20 years. It had to be done. The 2017 Yankees will be a completely new team. It's actually fun and refreshing. Hopefully this is a start to a solid, Post-Jeter Era future!

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Have no idea, maybe right after the Dave Winfield era.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Cashman probably wanted to do this years sooner but ownership likely pressured to win now. Regardless, glad they finally realized they had to do this.

We've picked up a bunch of solid prospects.

Heard we called ChiSox about Sale, love the player but it'd probably take half the prospects we've acquired so far haha.