2016 is the Year of QBs

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TouchyFeely, Jan 21, 2015.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I hope Goff, Lynch, Cook and Jones all go round 1.

4 better players will drop to us.

Yeah 2016 is NOT the year of the QB.

_

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

This is by far one of the worst draft classes in a while.

zace likes this.
  3. JStokes

Almost as bad as 2013.

_

4. JStokes

Lol just heard a Kiper snippet--he said before the Bowl game he had Connor Cook as a 2nd rounder and Coker as an UDFA and after the Bowl game he said Coker looked like the 2nd rounder and Cook as the UDFA.

_

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. JStokes

Oh man I hope the Bills draft Hackenberg.

_

6. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

We will not be getting a QB and trust me Hack is the real deal.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I am not a huge draft guru but I always try to make it a point to watch and evaluate the QBs as I see them. Hackenberg I watched quite a bit this year as my old lady has ties to Penn State. I've never been so perplexed on a QB prospect before!!!

There are times when Hackenberg looks like the real deal. His passes have some fuckin zing on them and he'll accurately deliver a pass into the tightest window that will wow you.
    There are other times when he looks like an unathletic, inaccurate QB that sucks pure ass. He can look like an all american or a guy who should be working at the snack bar, sometimes in the same game... Its madness!

On thing I'll say about Hackenberg is that I truly believe people aren't realizing the circumstances this kid has played in. Penn State sucks. Hackenberg has played with less scholarship players than everyone else, he's been thrown into the fire since his freshman year, plays in a conference that actually plays defense (unlike prospects from the Pac 12 or Big 12) and then he gets the misfortune of the reason he attended the university coach Bill O'Brien leaving and having to play under James Franklin who is a bad football coach.. just watch. Franklin sucks.

I think we'd have a very different opinion of Hackenberg if he played in the Air Raid for a decent team in the fair weather conferences and lit up the scoreboard nightly.. Which would've happened if he went out west.

Taking that into account, I am truly not sure if he's really the real deal and we will come to appreciate how he managed during those difficult Penn St. times and it was those circumstances that held him down or if he will be the bad Hackenberg in the NFL. The guy is a mystery to me

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That's because he's injured. Let's not take Mel Kiper's track record any seriously.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The problem is will an NFL CS be able to "fix" the damage that's been done by playing under Franklin and at PSU. Is his psyche permanently damaged? Has he gotten used to being inconsistent and losing? Has he become like Kenny O had by the end of his career where he was gun shy because of the constant pounding he took? Would you gamble a high draft pick and big $s on a player like that? I don't think I would. I'd either have to be awfully desperate with no other hope of fixing my QB position, or be the Pats or Packers where he could sit and learn for a year or two behind a great QB.

10. JStokes

I agree but he did not impress me at any time this year.

_

11. JStokes

The real deal what?

_

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, I wasn't either. I don't know what the Jets should do to be honest. It's going to be a tough draft to predict and even tougher to find good players in this draft.

13. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

Jet's should definitely take Kevin Hogan in the mid rounds, ran a pro style offense, and isn't a big name should be there in the 4th-5th round.

14. JStokes

I have zero interest in drafting a QB to be a career backup.

If I take a QB outside of the top 2 rounds he's got to have something about him that's a wild card that could eventually blossom into a starter.

Mett with the injury. Petty with the system. Cardale with supreme physical gifts. Crash and burn guys or diamonds in the rough.

Hogan is perfectly meh. There are perfectly meh guys available every year as UDFAs.

_

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

16. JStokes

Yup. All of these guys are going to get over drafted because of the beer and not because they are worthy.

I hope (i) they all go round 1 and (ii) we aren't one of the foolish ones.

_

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Carson Wentz in the bottom half of the first is not an overdraft IMO.

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He fits the mold of everything I want in my QB. Size, strength, arm strength, mobility, command of the pocket, leadership etc etc. I think he would be the perfect QB to select, and let him and Petty battle it out for No. 2 next year.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Hackenberg got some bad advice, he should stayed at Penn State, could have used next season to redeem himself, he won't get picked till the later rounds and deservedly so...at his last interview he thanked everybody Bill O'Brien and anybody at PSU except James Frankin

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Was Franklin fired? If not, why would he go back and play under him yet another year? How would that help, especially after thanking everyone BUT Franklin?