2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by GQMartin, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Villanova would not have gone undefeated against that schedule.

You have no credibility considering you think any high school team would've won Gonzaga's remaining games. Not including the NCAA tournament, Gonzaga played 11 games after February 1, and only four games were at home.

Villanova would've lost at Saint Mary's, at a bare minimum.

Saint Mary's took Arizona to the wire and objectively was more impressive in the NCAA tournament than Villanova.

You're just as unreasonable as junc, and you now have something in common. Rooting for UNC.

Have you ever even watched a WCC game?

Saint Mary's finished the season top 25 by every advanced statistical website that does college basketball.

#221 Yisman, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

You want to include conference tournaments? OK, then I apologize. Villanova went 13-1 after Feb 1, including a 9-1 record against teams who appeared in the NCAA Tournament?

Do you base this on Villanova's win at Creighton, at Xavier, or at Seton Hall?

This is the one an only scenario that I would rather have UNC win the game: When they are playing against the biggest fraud program in the NCAA, and the brother of the player who hit my team's game winning shot is playing for them.

That Pacific vs. San Francisco game was must-watch TV, wasn't it?

Except wins against the RPI Top 25 - They had ZERO. Strength of Schedule? They finished 75th

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

"Except wins against the RPI Top 25 - They had ZERO. Strength of Schedule? They finished 75th"

That has exactly nothing to do with what I said. Do you know what advanced statistical websites are?

"That Pacific vs. San Francisco game was must-watch TV, wasn't it?"

So your answer is no, you have absolutely no idea about the WCC and have not watched a game.

Your opinion is not valid as you have no idea about the subject you want to be talking about.

UNC is the biggest fraud program in college.

Villanova lost in the second round to a #8 seed.

The WCC outperformed the Big East.

Next.

4. HackettSuxTNG

Yes, they are irrelevant platitudes that allow participation-trophy champions like yourself to ignore the inconvenient truth about schedule strength and conference depth.

Are Pacific and San Francisco in the WWC?

Did they not play a game this year?

Did you watch it?

I have stated nothing but statistics to support my argument that the WCC is a poor basketball conference. Your arguments are emotional outbursts like the statement above.

Never denied this for a second. What does this have to do with the WCC?

Never denied this for a second. What does this have to do with the WCC?

Depends on what your basis for measuring the performance of the two conferences. The only measurement that would support your claim is the performance of the best WCC team in the NCAA Tournament versus the performance of the best team of the Big East in the NCAA Tournament. Interesting tactic for you, considering my whole point is that there is no depth whatsoever in the WCC

A sandwich would be nice.

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

"Are Pacific and San Francisco in the WWC?

Did they not play a game this year?

Did you watch it?"

The conference is called the WCC, which you might know if you had any idea about the subject whatsoever. Not only have you not watched a game, you cannot name the teams in it, nor can you name the conference itself.

Maybe you're better qualified to discuss the WWC, whatever that is.

"I have stated nothing but statistics to support my argument that the WCC is a poor basketball conference. Your arguments are emotional outbursts like the statement above."

No you have not. You are unable to read and respond to my statistically-based posts with nonsense about the RPI. You don't even know what an advanced statistical website is.

None of my posts are "emotional outbursts". You simply cannot respond to my factual posts. You are the one having issues with your outbursts. Any high school team would go undefeated against Gonzaga's remaining schedule is something so stupid that not even junc would say it.

"Never denied this for a second. What does this have to do with the WCC?"

I was responding to a post that you typed. Perhaps you can go back and read your own post. You brought up the 'fraud' label, not me.

You and junc are peas in a pod. UNC fans and unable to hang.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

:D

http://sportspickle.com/college-bas...lina-tutors-named-academic-american-team.html

Six tutors for North Carolina’s men’s basketball team were named to the Academic All-American team today for enabling the Tar Heels roster to stay academically eligible for the 2016-2017 season by taking exams and writing papers for them. The six UNC students, five females and one male, were honored by the coaches and players today with a brief ceremony in the team’s locker room. The students were then sent back to work on history papers that are due next week.

“We wouldn’t be here without those tutors,” said head coach Roy Williams of his team’s spot in the NCAA Tournament championship game. “They’re as important as anyone on this team even though they never set foot on the court. They put the ‘student’ in our student-athletes.”

Williams told the tutors that it’s their hard work off the court, from writing papers for multiple players in different voices to filling out take-home exams at all hours to getting good grades on projects but not too good so as to draw attention, that enables the Tar Heels players to focus specifically on basketball.

“I truly believe that’s what gives us an advantage over many other programs,” said Williams. “They’re wasting time and energy and brain space learning things that won’t help them on the basketball court. Not here. Not ever.”

Kara Myers, a UNC student who handles most of the mathematics-related work the for Tar Heels, says she is honored by the Academic All-American recognition.

“At most schools they hide this kind of thing, but since we pretty much got away with it before, they’re more open and honest about it here,” she said. “So I’m like a minor celebrity on campus. It probably goes the basketball team, then those of us who tutor them, then in a far distant third: the football team.”

phubbadaman likes this.
  7. HackettSuxTNG

Unbelievable - Because I'd rather have UNC over Gonzaga, I need to surrender my Villanova degree.

8. HackettSuxTNG

A Legend has left us. RIP Rollie Massamino :(

[​IMG]

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats a shame, i thought i saw something on the scroll the other night. feel kind of bad that i didnt follow up on it. he was a legend, i hated him because of how he did amazing thing with le than perfect players.