2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSIONS/ ROUND 2 & 3

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, May 1, 2015.

1. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Hahahaha... Oh wait were you serious?

2. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I don't even know what that means.

Curmudgeon. I bet you yell at kids who walk on your grass.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

There are always posters who make a "mockery of themselves" running to defend every pick at great lengths, especially when a GM is new. Members of Mauldin and/or Maccagan's family need to calm down and please STFU. I HAVE seen him play SEVERAL times. He is NEITHER fast, plays fast or ATHLETIC IMO. He will NOT provide us SPEED off the edge. That doesn't mean he can't be an effective player for us or I think he was a bad player/pick. The following were my comments immediately after we pick:

2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSIONS/ ROUND 2 & 3
    Post by: legler82, Yesterday at 10:43 PM in forum: Draft

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i'll be the first to bitch about not addressing the LB spot sooner but the 40 time may be a bit less of a problem with our current D line talent. at least they addressed the position and hopefully he plays above his numbers.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

What we really don't know is what our new regime thinks of the talent they've inherited before the draft.
    Maybe some of these "needs" we feel we have are already on our roster but need to be put to better use.

My opinion is that Bowles is going to expose Rex as being less of the "defensive genius" most thought he was, by using our current personnel better.

I know the argument will be that Rex wasn't given the pieces he needed in the 2ndary to excel , but I also feel Rex' s mouth is better then his defenses ever were.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. legler82

He has arguably the best collection defensive personnel in football right now. Rex had the #1 defense as well as other top 5 rankings with far less. So not sure how he can accomplish the bold. If anything, the pressure is on him to not fuck this up.

7. Jersey Joe 67

I think Bowles accomplishes this by using current personnel better then Rex ever did.
    I have a feeling Coples is in for a breakout season in Bowles D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. legler82

So if Coples has a breakout year and we are a middle of the pack D, Rex gets exposed?

9. Will

Will Well-Known Member

I have seen a lot of posts outlining what position and specific players that people think the Jets should target. I think in all pressers on the website the new GM has made it clear he will not reach to fill a perceived need.

On the three picks to date I have not been wildly happy in the intermediate aftermath but looking over comments by pundits and seeing highlight reels on youtube I have gotten MUCH happier.

Leonard Williams – Ranked as the top player in the draft and we take at 6 overall, a no brainer. I have seen people think this was a waste as we are stacked on the DL but Mo has worn down towards the end of each season as he has played virtually every snap when dressed (90%), he missed 3 games and Sheldon played (80%). With Williams we can have a better rotation and terrorise opponents especially now we have Cs who will cover. Totally agree with Klecko about the ceiling for the ability to implement NY Sack Exchange V2.0.

Devin Smith – I was really unhappy here like a lot of “armchair GMs” as I too wanted Gregory, DGB and a host of others I read about in the run up to the draft (some are still available at the end of Rd 3). But then I began to read some articles and saw why, a return of 12 TDs from 33 receptions at an average of 28 yards per catch, and really began to take to the pick, he gives the Jets a WR who can take the lid off and force other teams to stop loading the box or risk a one on one match up with a guy who has bomb gliding strides to stretch the field with take-it-the-distance acceleration on every play.
    – the first catch is a REAL highlight real catch and is not unlike Odell Beckham, Jrs one handed grab last year

Lorenzo Mauldin – Again not too happy with the trade down but we turned 1 pick into four players three picks from the Texans and a WR Posey, not too bad and we need see who else we pick up beofre being overly critical. We may not like Posey but he is a flier to compete with others for a final spot in the 53. Again this is a MacCagnan mantra that he has repeated time and again this off season more picks = more opportunities. He also wants to take an edge rusher each ear to develop ala the Steelers and this pick offers that. The player himself is a high motor, high character guy who can play.
    – or a longer look at his back story

10. Jersey Joe 67

Dominant defenses make the big stop when the game is on the line, Rex's D hardly ever did that, with the Jets.

You can love Rex if you'd like, you're entitled, but I'm not a Rex fan.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Actually no, my yard is like one big playground.

I yell at my kids when, after I've been watching a movie for an hour and 58 minutes, they decide to tell me the ending right before it comes on the screen.

Is it SO hard for some of you to control your compulsive impulses to wait until the actual pick is made on the TV event we are all watching and discussing?

Or does it bring you some joy by spoiling it for everyone not on Twitter by being the "first" to break a story you had nothing to do with?

_

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

So do we go OLine in round 4 ??Or a RB it has to be one of the two

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You have to figure RB. Gotta be.

_

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Tre Jackson FSU or Jarvis Harrison TA&M

15. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

40 time has no translation to pass rushing. if you look at the top 40 time from rushers year over year it has no correlation. same with the slower guys, no correlation.

guys who can get to the passer get to the passer. you never have to run 40 yards to get to the quarterback. what matters is initial first step, quickness with your hands, how quick you can go ONE yard and get your shoulder ast the tackle. things of that nature. nothing about the 40 yard dash translates

running a straigth line with no one in your way is nothing like runnign 5 or 6 yards chasing amoving target with a 300 pound guy in your way.

that is like evaluating how someone hits a baseball based on how fast they can put pinetar on a bat

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Bowles has already shown more maturity, intelligence, and understanding of what it takes to be a HC. He's going to show Rex up in every possible way.

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

OK? Good job.

I'm not defending anything, I Initially hated the Williams pick actually.

Maybe you shouldn't assume you know, when you don't.

He is quick man, I have a hard time taking you seriously if you can't admit that. He has a great first step, I did my research on him before the draft and even thought he might be the pick awhile before we even picked him.

He plays fast, you can watch tape on him online and see he plays much faster than his 40 time indicates.

Like, he's obviously not going to soar by people, but he is more than fast enough to get in that backfield and be disruptive.

To deny that is foolish and I highly doubt you have watched him as much as your elluding to.

I have posted a lot about this kid from my perspective, what I've seen, and I how I feel about it. In length.

So please don't call me out on bullshit when you are to lazy to even look to see my contribution on the issue and this draft.

Thanks.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on. Some people just don't want to see the truth. They're too in love with his personna.

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I was that guy. I still like Rex don't get me wrong but him being removed from the team and Bowled being brought I'm with this new FO is making me feel like we did the right thing.

I didn't think we could upgrade and its still early but I actually love the approach this team is taking right now.

I truly feel they are doing all the right things. I don't normally get that, normally I have doubt's.

Not so far this off season for me.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Bryce Pettys still sitting there so is Brett Hundley