2014 NY Jets Training Camp Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

All training camp discussion to take place here. I will be updating this thread constantly in the next few weeks with relevant tweets and articles about camp... Pictures will be posted as well. Below is the Training Camp Schedule.. Should be a fun couple of weeks fellas!

Wednesday, July 23: Jets Report for Training Camp
    Thursday, July 24: Jets Open Camp with First Practice at 10:00 a.m.
    Saturday, August 2: Green and White Scrimmage at 7:00 p.m.
    Monday, August 18: Jets Season Ticket Holder Practice at AHJTC

Tuesday, August 19: General Public Practice at AHJTC at 10:30 a.m.

Wednesday, August 20: General Public Practice at AHJTC at 11:15 a.m.
    Thursday, August 21: Jets Family Night at Hofstra at 5:30 p.m.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Finally!!!

The first damn day of meaningful shit is coming up on Wednesday!

Enough of the bullshit discussions around here haha

Big Cat and Jay Bizniss like this.
  3. Chad9

Chad9 Member

I didn't see an opponent or AFC East thread so I'll place here that Marcel Dareus has failed his physical with the Bills. Something to keep an eye on. Per Rotoworld.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The player to watch for me is Quinton Coples. He is key to this team this year. He played really well in the wins vs. NE, vs. NO, vs. OAK vs. CLE.. he played terrible in a lot of the losses, especially early in the year. I would like to see the shape he shows up to camp and hopefully if he can take a big step up.

I also an intrigued with the TE competition at camp between Cumberland and Amaro, and the competition on the OL.

5. Jay Bizniss

If Coples can step up and be that edge rusher we have been looking for since John Abraham, I will be very happy... His success directly affects the secondaries success. If we can constantly get in the QB's face this season, the corners will not have to cover their man as long and will help mask the deficiencies we have this year... If we do not get that constant QB pressure, we are going to have some problems.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm watching Coples as well. But his struggles last year was understandable. They changed his position and then he got hurt. He was coming off an injury and playing a new position so growing pains were expected.

Kentucky Jet likes this.
  7. Jay Bizniss

He really needs to get more aggressive.. Snacks, Wilkerson, and Sheldon all play with this ferocious attitude. They have that swag... Coples is the odd man out.. We need that whole front 7 to play with reckless abandon.

8. Jay Bizniss

I want to see Aboushi do well and by mid season, would like to see him move into a starting role at guard beside Breno and Mangold.. Also hope Winters shows improvement.. Our line is going to dictate how this whole season goes. Brick is gonna have to step it up as well this season, as he constantly got beat on the outside last year.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Im watching Milliner closely. After missing so much time early last offseason, I think its crucial that he plays well and stays healthy throughout July and August.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

There's a "National Football League" section which would've the appropriate place to place this non-Jet news. As for Dareus, it's a "Joe McKnight 2.0" - he'll re-take and pass his conditioning test on Thursday. The Bill's greater concerns surround whether his off-season arrests get him a suspension.

11. Jay Bizniss

Hope his butt gets cut... Then we can just run the ball up the middle all game since no Dareus and no Kiko and no Byrd..

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I would too but doubt that's going to happen. They're not going to bail yet on the 2011 draft's 3rd overall player picked who's only 24 years old, and Doug Marrone's indicated that he's going to really going to try and go the 'fatherly' route with this guy.

Further, like you said, with Kiki Alanso out (and Allen Branch as Dareus' replacement) all the more reason for the Bills to try and focus on getting Dareus' head screwed on straight, especially with their front four as supposedly one of their strengths.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Actually, since a "Training Camp" thread was posted last night, I think that makes this one "Unofficial!" Snooze and lose.

14. Jay Bizniss

That thread was who is going to training camp.. This is where all the information is going to be housed.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's really not at all important, but isn't that just a bit presumptuous?

16. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Sense Jay is gonna compile tweets, pics, ect... Can a mod just merge mine into his?

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm watching Antwan Barnes' recovery. I can't quite recall the stat but I remember Cimini citing that the Jets allowed significantly less yards/play and had far more sacks/play when he was on the field. Coples has potential on the outside but we need a true speed edge rusher across from him, and Pace is not fast and not young. If Barnes can recover I'd love to see him split reps with Calvin like he did last year.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Damn its crazy to think but in 2 months time we will have already played 3 games.....

19. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

I'm interested in Brain Winters' training camp. He quietly played well the last four games and hoping to see some big time development from him. He was in his rookie year, coming off a position change and missing most of camp due to injury. He was thrust into the OG role early by Ducasse's constant penalties. With a full healthy offseason I think he can grow quite a bit. If he doesn't improve significantly the Jets offense is in big trouble regardless of who is running the ball, catching the ball or throwing the ball.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The IMO players that need to step up in 2014.

Geno Smith- he has all the physical tools and while he struggled last season, he still has a ton of upside. Hopefully with a year of experience and some added weapons he's able to make a stark improvement.

Stephen Hill- year 3 is usually the time when receivers step up. And he's only 23 years old. If he takes a huge step forward he'll make our receiving corp go from being solid to really good.

Brian Winters- he showed some promise last year but was way too inconsistent and he gave up 10 sacks. He must play better and with Aboushi, Campbell and Dozier on the roster his starting spot may not be safe.

Jeff Cumberland- He's going to be relied upon to be the go too guy at the TE position. I'm not expecting much from Anaro this year. So Cumberland has to be reliable.

Quinton Coples- he had a solid rookie season. But after a position change followed by an injury he got off to a slow start. But he played well in the 2nd half of the season. Hopefully he builds on that and has a true breakout season.

DeMario Davis- With Harris getting up there in age he's going to be relied upon to be a consistent ILB. He put up over a 100 tackles last year. But outside of the Vincent Jackson tackle I don't recall him making too many impact plays. Hopefully he continues to progress and gets better.

Antonio Allen- he had a solid season last year. And with an aging Landry and rookie Pryor. Allen will be relied upon to provide much needed help in the secondary. I believe he'll take a big step forward in year 3.

Dee Milliner- he was pretty bad last year but then he began to show signs of the kind of CB he could be during the last month of the year. If he somehow builds on that and breaks out in year 2. It'll make our defense that much better. It'll make the job of the safety's a little easier as well.

joeuser likes this.