2014 NFL DRAFT ROUND ONE DISCUSSIONS (NOW OPEN)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, May 8, 2014.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Hit technique is what makes the difference; hard hitting Kam Chancellor made a big impact for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl but was not flagged too much. Pryor flies around but he is always in control, just watch, his biggest hits end with him standing and the other player on the ground. What the NFL really hates is when players launch themselves at the ball carrier because they are out of control and thus more dangerous.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Good for them. I would love to be jumping for joy for one of our draft picks. As happy as I was for Pryor or Milliner or Richardson, Coples, Wilk etc. it was a reserved satisfaction, I'd love to be that psyched for a pick. He may flame out or he may be a true dynamic playmaker, but for right now that city is excited. Good for them, they've been downtrodden for so long they deserve some excitement.

Happy for them.

_

DoubleDecker87 and MaximusD163 like this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

As usual Ryan missed the memo. I thought what was missing in the secondary was speed (particularly at safety), coverage ability and ball skills. Who knew that all we needed was a tone setter?

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I hear you man...Just look at the ESPN Cleveland radio guy here...He is full blown freaking out. Cleveland fans have suffered alot, hopefully they get a winning team going here as long as its not at the Jets expense

5. legler82

Like the blocking/charging call in the NBA the right call is not always made by the referee when looking at hits at full speed. More often than not they tend to err on the side of caution/"defenseless" player. This does not bode well for Pryor style of play.

6. JStokes

Of course never at the Jets expense but I love seeing that passion from a fan base.

If that were Miami or NE, not so much but I love seeing that reaction.

Again, nobody knows what Manziel is going to become but can you imagine being that jacked about a first round draft pick? It'd be if we were transported back to the future of the 60s and we got to see Namath being drafted on ESPN and the NFL Network in hi def.

Cleveland just got a rock star.

_

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

MUST WATCH FOR EVERYONE HERE

Knicks/Buccaneers fan freaking out his team didnt choose Manziel ahha

AND LMAO AT THIS DALLAS COWBOYS FAN

8. legler82

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1851284/calvin-pryor

9. JStokes

Holy crap just woke my GF up was laughing so hard. Watched it twice!

_

Poeman likes this.
  10. MaximusD163

Lol anyone who thought the Cowboys were going to draft Manziel is literally mentally handicapped. Maybe that sounds harsh, but Romo's contract would NEVER have allowed them to draft a QB in the first. They are locked into guaranteed contract for around $20 million per year and if they trade they would have taken a MONSTER accelerated cap hit that would have sent the cap over the limit by millions of dollars. It simply could never have happened. The guy in this video looks like a good candidate for the title of mentally handicapped though lol.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't care man, Easley is a fucking beast. I have a good friend that eats sleeps and breathes Gators and for the past couple of years shared the works of this guy. He's scary.

Spike_D likes this.
  12. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I bet this is how some people on here are like after every first round pick, lol.

13. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, Easley is an animal when healthy. The problem is, will he ever be healthy, or gain that explosiveness back? Two ACL tears is no joke. I know the Pats checked him out medically, but still.

14. abyzmul

Are they traditionally at the top when drafting wide receivers? Think about that one before you respond.

15. abyzmul

lol

16. MaximusD163

Well, all we can do is hope the answer to that question is "not even close." How satisfying would it be if the Patriots drafted a guy who never makes an impact?

17. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

We got the best safety in the draft.

But a once in a lifetime opportunity to draft Manziel was gifted to us and we passed on him for a safety. Not a pass rusher (I'm aware there were none worth taking on the board, I just mean in terms of positional scarcity and value) but a safety!?

Johnny football could be a bust, but he could also be the next Brett Favre with wheels.

In the NFL if you have a QB you have a chance. If you don't have a QB you've got nothing.

If Geno flops this year it's back to the drawing board and we will have to take another QB high in 2015.

We could have let Johnny hold a clipboard for 1 year, and you have Geno insurance at worst and at best a true franchise QB.

The guy is a leader with that ultra-competitiveness like Jordan and Kobe. Geno was the 2nd worst passer in the league last year and isn't half the leader Manziel is.

I like Pryor a lot. But you can find safeties.

Even if he is the 2nd coming of Ed Reed, it's not gonna turn your franchise around.

Only the QB position can do that. And you don't have one until you have one.

I don't care about Geno's feelings.

It was worth the risk in my opinion to pull the trigger on Johnny Football.

#1637 al_toon_88, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    egelband and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. abyzmul

Yeah, you can find safeties. But the best defenses of the past decade and a half have found that difference maker of a safety in the middle of the first round, and lived on them for years. It's almost as hard to find an elite safety as it is to find a true franchise QB.

You lament passing on Johnny Football. If he is everything you say, why did he go in the 20s? People want to just dismiss his off the field stuff. I don't care about the autograph signing, I don't care about the selfies of him fanning money out like he's a big bad man.

But that Drake shit bothers me right now. Before a couple of days ago I didn't know who the hell Drake was. Didn't care, TBH. But I saw some crap on a TV show talking about his friendship with Drake, so I sat there googling Manziel Drake, and came up with a picture with Johnny making some weird hand gesture. Looked strongly like some of my old pothead friends would do dropping some bud in a bowl, then I came up with...

http://larrybrownsports.com/college...-hand-gesture-sign-drake-topszn-regime/203338

It's four pages if you care to read it. It's not like the guy is a murderer, but it's definitely like he is a guy that lives on dro. And while I love the leaf, I don't want the guy that's leading my football team to be about this shit.

This kid is shaping up to be a turd, and THAT is why I'm glad the Jets passed in him.

egelband likes this.
  19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member