2014 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Apr 18, 2014.

1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Jefferson is visibly uncomfortable out there after coming out the locker room. Should maybe sit for a little while longer.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

He's pretty much their only chance of winning, so that's not good.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They will be in the finals, I am telling you. Its not far-fetched at all, only one team in the east might be better.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think they showed that this is not going to be an easy series. Which I should of expected, it is a team full of players who have experience, and a really good head coach.

5. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Wade and lebron combine for 50...easy win.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

It appears that this might be the quickest series.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Its a really good win for the Wizards, they might be in the ECF if they can beat Chicago.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

going to parlay Indiana/Chicago/Clippers series prices

bizarre how many clearly better teams lost Game 1.

Spurs should've lost but Dallas just folded like a Craig Sager suit in the final minutes.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Which teams were clearly better? I mean we all knew the Wizards were a legit threat months ago, we all knew the Pacers were frauds months ago. I mean I am not surprised by anything so far tbh

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The three I mentioned. There's reality and then there's soxxx world. Indiana is clearly better than Atlanta. Chicago is clearly better than Washington. LAC is clearly better than GS.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yet you picked Chicago and Indiana to win so you can cover all your bases. The tricky strategy, "I told you they were dangerous" if they win or "I didn't pick them even though I called them dangerous"

I thought IND would lose a game, was surprised it was game 1. I'm not too surprised Chicago lost a home game, but I am surprised it was defensively that caused the problems and Wall didn't have a great game

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

LAC especially once Bogut went down. The Griffin to Big Baby drop is HUGE for the Clippers.

Tomorrow night is fun, OKC/MEM And LAC/GS. Awesome two games to line up

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

for sure

It showed during the regular season matchups

Golden State was able to play the Clippers much better with Bogut protecting the rim

Bogut was a big loss

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ugh what? I mean I warned y'all, you guys had to choose to listen to me or listen to ESPN and the rest of the media. I mean no one wanted to listen to me but thats fine, everyone has to make decisions in their lives at some point. But dont forget:

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

are you serious? You want me to dig up the thousands of times you've made way off base predictions?

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I mean I am talking about the Pacers right now, I DEMAND ESPN to issue an apology because the Pacers were never a good team, never should have been labeled as "contender", none of it. I think if they can win a playoff series then they would be overachieving, because thats about it for them, ESPN lied all year about em, and built em up to be something they NEVER were. Im not even sure where this idea of them being a top 5 team came from? I tuned out the media all year and when I heard that the Pacers were a contender, I was like, what in the world?

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

your thing has been that the pacers suck and the rest of the East is good

The Pacers post-AS break swoon has been well-documented, and you know what? No team aside from Miami was even close to them in the final standings.

So the Pacers sucked for 2 months and yet they finished 12 games ahead of the Nets and 19 games ahead of the Knicks.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So now we are judging teams based on records? What about the eye test? I am glad I muted all my games, ignored the media, because I think many more people would have came to the same conclusion that I did, instead ESPN shoved the contender label down everyone throat which was really off base and made absolutely zero sense to me.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

OK, we shouldn't judge teams based on how well they performed during the season.

We should judge them based on whether soxxx likes them or not.

After the NBA Finals is NOT Spurs/Nets, we can all come back and question whether soxxx is the expert analyst he thinks he is.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Umm, I have already said I lack basketball intellect, unfortunately the rest of the people around me lack it even more. Regardless though, if the Pacers get beat by the Hawks would you consider it a success or a failure?