2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet 1h
    Interesting to hear #Jets keeping in regular contact with QBs slated to go in the first round. Maybe in case one falls. Maybe serious at 18

2. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Teddy Bridgewater if he falls, also heard they brought in Jimmy G and Tom Savage for a visit, Thursday just got a lot more interesting.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Wondering if Bortles is there if we take him. People are saying he might be there at 20 overall.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Only for Teddy Bridgewater I hope, maybe even Manziel ...

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have a hard time believing we will take a QB but who knows?

Diabolical_Jet_Fan likes this.
  6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't see it happening either.

_

7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Geno and he deserves a chance with real NFL receivers but I'd take Bortles or Manziel no matter what given that chance.

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I like Johnny but if he tries too much of that scrambling shit in the NFL he's gonna end up in a coma.

9. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

A year ago I was fully behind the idea of us getting Johnny Football. Now? Meh. He has some great potential but I'm not as excited for him as I was and while I wouldn't be heart broken if we drafted him I would rather focus on some other areas of need (TE, WR, CB, FS, etc.) ahead of drafting a QB.

There seems to be a lot of talk of QBs falling in this draft, part of me is worried that one falls to us and Idzik takes them on the BPA philosophy and overlooks a really good WR or something to do it. Maybe that ends up being great for the franchise or maybe it means they spend the year as a 3rd stringer behind Geno and Vick.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yes, those are my guys. The three best qb's in this draft. I'd be surprised if we picked a qb before round three but this is very good news, it shows that our team is looking at the right players.

OverloadBlitz likes this.
  11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I believe in Geno but I'm not opposed to drafting a QB.
    I say if one of these top/2nd tier guys fall to you you have to take them. The worst that can happen is you trade one down the road.
    Vick is a 2yr gig so a viable backup is needed.
    I understand Simms looks pretty promising but I say you can never have enough competition.

12. section134

section134 Active Member

this thread is about free agency----that is what idzik should have done----spend the 20m or so on about 3 more guys decker and chris are good but need much more to have a shot at overtaking the pats----vick may not take the field-----the draft is not how the jets are able to do it-------last year milliner was so so geno and winters were so so
    the Palestinian and campell never suited up----tommy bo was soso
    why does anyone think this draft will have better results------the jets draft have been awful-----once in a while they may get one or two good guys-----that's no way to beat the pats-----the year before we drafted coples so so and hill he cant even get off his blocks-----=demario davis looks promising I say trade your draft picks for vets who can play the game-------George allen did it for the skins----the over the hill gang made them instant winners--------last year we got ivory in a draft day trade-------I hope we do a few of those tomorrow

13. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

ugh

14. DoubleDecker87

To take this thread back to FA talk... After the draft we'll have less needs but unless we hit the jackpot all of our needs will not be filled.

WR - Santonio Holmes (no chance), Miles Austin, Denario Alexander
    OG - Travelle Wharton, Brian Waters, Davin Joseph
    LB - James Harrison, Jonathan Vilma
    CB - Asante Samuel, Jabari Greer,
    S - Steve Gregory, Ed Reed, Yeremiah Bell, Jim Leonhard, Kerry Rhodes (lol)
    TE - Dustin Keller, Jermichael Finley, Fred Davis

Most of these guys currently reside at nursing homes but a couple wouldn't be too bad of stop gaps. Excited to see what needs we fill this weekend.

15. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

i want reed back, if we find he can't contribute on the field he can at least be useful during training camp before being cut as mentor. let him finish the job he started with Bush and anyone else.

a vet guard to compete with Winters would be nice... probably won't even make the team but it pays to be sure right?

16. DoubleDecker87

I'd say with adding Williams and now Watkins it's safe to assume that Stevie Johnson will be searching for a new team soon.

17. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

Yup he was traded to the 49er's today. Also I'm glad we left Josh Gordon alone in FA, he is now facing a 16 game suspension.