2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Crazy that Idzik was getting heat a couple days in for being dormant. Vick, Decker and Johnson plus the draft, not bad at all.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Crazy how this offense went from almost impossible to watch to (on paper) being a pretty sick unit.. and we aint even get to the draft yet. All hail idzik!

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's not crazy. The same six to eight people were the ones fanning the fires of the Idzik-incompetent fire the whole time, and some other people kind of latched onto that because they were unsure.

Look at those threads, you have the Hate Crew liking each other's posts all day long and not really making much of an argument other than "OMG Idzik moves so slow, everyone else is making moves". It was a joke perpetrated by a handful of fear mongers.

That's not to say that everything is fixed, but just because the GM doesn't piss fire onto the free agent market doesn't mean that the off-season is over.

Funny to watch, though.

The 1985er likes this.
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm guessing we are done with FA now, there is nothing much left. On to the draft.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think we'll be busy again once cuts start happening during training camp.
    I can see us plucking a few diamonds in the rough off the scrap heap again.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

At that point I don't think they are diamonds in the rough anymore, more like picking up a carb in the junkyard and seeing if they can rebuild it and get it firing right again.

7. Don

Yes, that will be the next opportunity.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Well if we can pick up a few guys that are vets and can contribute and pair them with some of our younger guys and some good draft picks, I'm thinking this team could make some noise in the AFC EAST next season.

9. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

With the signing of CJ and reuniting Vick with Marty it's starting to seem like Vick will seriously be our starter on opening day. Maybe they want Geno to sit behind Vick for a year(unless Vick gets hurt or Geno truly wins the competition). Vick already has a huge leg up on the competition having more experience in this system and more NFL experience overall I really don't see Geno winning this competition if it truly is a competition.

What do you guys think?

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think Vick is going to have to have a very good off-season/pre-season to beat out Geno. I think Geno is going to have to have a mediocre or worse showing to lose the job. Either of those things is possible.

11. Jersey Joe 67

I pray that doesn't happen because it's going to set Geno back IMO.
    If that does happen then I doubt this organization believes in Geno as the future.

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I like Johnson and Decker moves but Vick is the backup,Geno will get every chance to succeed before anything happens with Vick,I don't see the Vick signing as a big deal or a game changer like some people view it,the guy is past his prime and getting up there in age ,Geno is the young guy with upside it makes no sense to start Vick week 1.So Everyone keeps bringing Vicks name up when they talk about our offseason moves,this guy might not see the field the entire season for all we know

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If Geno gets better we still have sufficient insurance to compete if he gets hurt, it was a sound transaction if you can get past it being Mike Vick. Highly likely we'll be getting better production from the QB spot next year.

The 1985er likes this.
  14. LongIslandBlitz

Id say if Geno is playing poorly and losing us games he will be benched by week 6 while there's still time.We really need a good tight end on this team in the worst way.Who's is Genos security blanket?who does he have chemistry with currently on the roster?hopefully him and Decker can develop something but we can really use a big body for the Redzone among other reasons

15. LongIslandBlitz

Did anybody hear what the contract was for Sidney Rice ?what did the Seahawks give him?I'm intrested to know

16. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Unless Ebron falls Cumberland is going to be the starting TE for us, and he was developing chemistry by the end of the season, as was Kerley. Decker is a very consistent route runner, they kind of guy that can develop into a security blanket very quickly.

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

18. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

no thanks... people forgot we had two 100 tackle ILB's last year... even for depth reasons..a late pick would work

19. Don

20. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member