2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Another ND TE in the pros. He's ok but he's 30 this year and somewhat injury prone.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I heard the saint are shopping Sproles. Thats what we need. I say if we have a pick where theres nobody that really stands out in the lower 3rd or 4th we trade for him. Either that or see where DeAnthony Thomas will fall. We need a speedy receiving threat out of the backfield badly. I think we need that more than a donald brown. Sproles or Thomas with Bilal and Ivory plus Geno is better than we thought on his feet we would have a nice backfield for all kinds of wildcat, options, and screens. We need that home run hitter though.

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I saw Emmanuel Sanders is our top target. I'd take him, as long as we draft a receiver also.

The 1985er likes this.
  4. NewYorkEveryThing

I like Chandler from the bills . 6-7 and can both block n catch well.

The 1985er likes this.
  5. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

So lol. 28 YO Ed Reed is probably the best FS in the history of the game, and you'd actually be willing to give him $1M less/yr than the 2 top paid safeties in the game today? How sporting of you. You'd probably come in about 10th in the bidding, only because the other 22 teams wouldn't be in a position to make an offer at all, but yeah.

Byrd isn't Ed Reed in his prime, nobody is. He's a difference maker and Idzik absolutely should seize the miraculous opportunity to make a huge upgrade to one of the weakest units by adding him or Ward. How they both made it to FA I have no idea but I'll be very disappointed in Idzik if he doesn't get one of them with our tremendous cap space.

6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

How about TE Garrett Graham? Had his best game against the Seahawks with a 5/69/1 line and seems to have been decent the last two years. Texans want to re-sign him though and the Packers believe to have interest. Only 27 years old

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He's more HB size. I prefer a TE that is prototypical size and an excellent blocker to pair with Cumby.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Profootball focus reporting that there is a big chance Sanchez remains on the team on a restructured deal.

I like this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think that is just speculation, can you post a link?

10. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...day-reportedly-not-tendered-by-denver-broncos

Looks like Trindon Holliday is gonna be a free agent. He could be a good returner.

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Not sure if we're putting stuff about our own players in here (saw some stuff on Sanchez just above) but apparently we are going to exercise the option on Wilkerson. Personally I don't think it's a good idea as we are likely going to end up paying more next year on a long term deal...but maybe he wants to wait for that very reason. I just hope they aren't pissing him off about it. There's no reason to believe they are though at this point so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We already have a Jason Avant, his name is David Nelson. We need an explosive wide receiver that actually scares other defenses. Avant isn't scaring no one.

13. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

With the news (grain of salt cause it comes from Mehta) that the Jets are planning to use the option on Mo Wilk rather than extend, you have to think that the Jets are going to be big players in free agency. I do not have a problem with that, but I want to see smart contracts that can be cut within a few years rather than the unmoveable albatross deals a la Sanchez, Harris, Ferguson, Cromartie, Holmes.

14. Falco21

Sanchez shopping for a new place of residence in New York. Sounds like he might be hanging around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

15. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

16. Falco21

17. Jay Bizniss

I can't do another year of these Sanchez threads... Please don't sign here.

Doink Bell likes this.
  18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I hope that means he is staying but I wouldn't necessarily read too much into that. he's a wealthy guy, he can afford residences in different Cities.

19. Falco21

I'm with you on the threads and the fact that every single thread has to have his name posted in it, but I wouldn't mind him back at all. In fact, I think it would be a great move. Instead of going out and signing a guy like Vick, why not get a guy in your roster like Sanchez to sign a cheaper deal and use your money in other areas of need.

20. Jay Bizniss

It would be best for both parties for a fresh start.