2014-15 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by nyjunc, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

24 hours of college basketball starting

it really begins with the 1 AM game, the stuff now is just standard Monday games (Gonzaga at home at 8 PM local, etc.).

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

nice win for the ACC with Miami taking out top 10 Florida on the road.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Man Kentucky absolutely demolished Kansas, what is amazing is the defensive performance by the Cats.

BTW saw the highlights of the Duke game the other night and it's the same shit with rat face. They are up 95-38 with 5 minutes left in the game and he still has his prize recruits in the game doing highlight real dunks and shooting 3's. I still have no idea why this guy gets all the blowjobs and love from the media. He's dirty, a sore loser and he's always had to get help to win titles. I understand people don't like Cal myself included but at least he doesn't lie to you and try and pretend he is this wonderful guy. He tells you who he is and you either like it or you don't.

4. nyjunc

It's funny I was thinking the same thing. I'm not a Cal fan or hater but at least he is who he is, I can't stand the phonies like Bill Self and K.

It's nice to have CBB back, next week many of the great pre season tourneys begin. It's a nice change from football season.

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Kentucky has ten guys above 6'6"...crazy

6. Barry the Baptist

He just takes advantage of all the loopholes he can, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he asks these kids straight up if they are 1 and done and the ones who say yes he says ok, go to class for one semester take 3 classes, once you pass all 3 you don't ever have to show up again because the grades will come out 3 weeks before the draft. He's adapted his recruiting and coaching to the rules better than anyone else in recent memory and it works for him. Throw in Kentucky is one of the meccas of the game and it's a great set up for him. He doesn't pretend to be a good guy, he knows he is the bad guy and he relishes in it.

7. nyjunc

He is a master at what he does, I knew when he got the UK job they were going to be a power again. It's a perfect marriage. For him it's easy to get the talent but his teams are always young and it is hard to make FFs consistently w/ freshman but he's done a damn good job.

8. Barry the Baptist

He began to perfect that at Memphis too, Dajuan Wagner was a flameout in the NBA but he was really the 1st of this new breed of recruit Cal began going after. I think he might struggle a bit if the NBA all of a sudden changed the rule forcing players to stay 2 years or if they said you can go from high school to the NBA. Notice Ratface all of a sudden is now recruiting the one and dones. Gone are the days of Boozer, Brand, Williams who will stick around a few years and try and win a title. Now he is going after the Parkers, Irvings, and these new kids he got this year.

9. nyjunc

I hope it works out for him like last year did.

10. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I don't understand how anyone can not have the utmost respect for Bill Self's accomplishments.

11. nyjunc

I respect what he has done though it's not quite as impressive as you think. He only has 2 FFs and one he made b/c he had homecourt he didn't earn and Carolina lost key guys to injury. he beat a mid major to make his other FF and needed a colossal choke by Memphis to win the title.

12. Barry the Baptist

Reports are it's a done deal , Dook will come to Vegas and play UNLV in 2016 to "christen" the MGM's new arena on LV Blvd. Rumors are the following night there will be a 4 team tournament that gets underway that features Kentucky, Michigan State, Kansas and UCLA.

Amazing

13. nyjunc

does duke know it's a road game?

14. Barry the Baptist

I know, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some type of handshake agreement between Ratface and the MGM executives when team USA was training in Vegas. He was on the record as saying a few years ago that there was no reason for Duke to play UNLV in Vegas. His boy Steve Wynn who does nothing for UNLV despite being the biggest player in town maybe had something to do with it or maybe there is some big time recruit in Vegas for that class and he wants to get an unofficial visit.

15. HackettSuxTNG

With last Night's Villanova win, the Big East Conference is now a combined 34-2 this year. This includes Tournament Wins for Providence (Hall-Of-Fame Tip-off) and Seton Hall (Paradise Jam)

Villanova crushed #14 VCU by 24 in the Semi-Finals of the Legends Classic and will face #20 Michigan tonight for the title.

16. nyjunc

what is the Big East?

17. HackettSuxTNG

A Strong, Pure-Basketball, Mid-Major conference that has a shot at getting 50% of its members into the NCAA Tournament.

Florida State and Notre Dame know what the Big East is. Providence beat both of them.

18. nyjunc

wow, that is impressive:D

19. HackettSuxTNG

Do I sense sarcasm? It's not my fault that the ACC is loaded with "Bottom Feeders"