2013 UFA QB's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 3, 2013.

1. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

I want us to get Chance Warmack, Giovanni Bernard, and Zach Ertz to help out Matt Moore next year

2. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Exactly..

we are going to need a RT and a RG

Scott and Pace are gone which means i would Pick up Jarvis Jones then worry about your Offense problems because Jones wont be on the board too long. then you go out and sign Matt Moore or try for a big time game manager like Alex Smith <--- which is almost impossible to happen.

3. BTC

BTC New Member

You guys gotta get off this Jason Campbell band wagon. Wife is a life long skins fan so I have seen almost every game of Campell's 4 or so(or however long it was) years in Washington. This guy is NOT our guy.

Only person on that list I would touch with a ten foot pole is Matt Moore. I actually hope we get him in to compete for the job. The rest are hot garbage.
    We are going to have to draft a QB in a later round. Then we have Moore, Darft pick, and Mcelroy ....and unfortunatley probably Sanchez competing for the job.

#83 BTC, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Hope we're trading back or trading a CB to acquire picks if you want those three. All will be gone by the middle of the second round.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You're coming from the standpoint that the Jets have a potential positive option at QB next year and Moore is it. I don't think they have a potential positive option. Moore is not a positive. He's got no upside to speak of and his average performance at this point is that of a game manager who is not asked to do very much,

He's had 25 games started in his career and in those 25 games he has only passed for 200 or more yards 9 times. Two teams have looked at him as the starter had a bit of success compared to what preceded him and then promptly given up on him.

He was part of the Fins resurrection in 2011 after the horrible start. Their response to having a 27 year old guy come in and go .500 for a team that had been miserable since 2009? They immediately reached for a QB at the top 10 of the draft, a guy who was 50/50 at best to be a good QB. They'd decided that Moore's chances were a lot lower than that.

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Sign Moore, trade Revis, draft 1st round CB to replace him and a 1st round RB. Draft a 2-3rd round QB as a shot in the dark.

7. Petey

Petey Active Member

Don't really understand this logic since there's no elite RB prospect and you should be able to get one of the top ones in round 2. I'd rather keep Revis, trade back and get an offensive lineman, plus whatever RB I would have drafted in round 1, only in round 2 and a 3rd round QB developmental pick, as opposed to a rookie CB, the same RB and same QB developmental pick, but minus the offensive lineman.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Fair points, but not a single one of them means Mark Sanchez is better than Moore. Because he isn't.

Those talking about the possibility that Sanchez stays and redeems himself are not living in the real world. The real world is that the Jets organization cannot have Muck as the starting Qb as of the first game at the Meadowlands in the upcoming season. The fans will not tolerate it. And it's not a good situation for Muck, either.

The Jets will need to rebuild their O, and it will likely take at least two years to do so. More reasonably three. They might not be able to draft a Qb this draft, too. So the obvious plan is to pay down a big part of Muck's contract and trade him, somehow get Moore in here as a game manager, and let him and McElroy cover the 1 and 2 positions. Get a Qb as a high draft pick this year or next and develop him.

Just not another game with Muck behind center. The fans won't tolerate it, and they really shouldn't have to. We've seen more than enough of him.