2013 UFA QB's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 3, 2013.

1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Lets all wait and see what happens in 2013 first. Last spring, all the experts had Matt Barkley going #1 this year, and I doubt that is going to happen. Things can change. Plus, he's a Sophmore.

2. Realistic Jets Fan

moore beat the Jets at the end of last season

and then this season, when Tannehill got nicked (with the Phins down) came in and beat the Jets again

way better than Sanchez

Only guy to focus on.

Moore starts
    McElroy backup
    Mid round rookie development pick number 3
    Sanchez inactive and out at end of season unless they figure out a way to get rid of him and not kill the cap this year

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're not going to have a QB next year that we can play from behind with. We didn't have one of those guys this year or last year either.

The issue is getting a competent QB in to reset things for a year while we look for the next franchise guy. Somebody who can help Hill develop some and keep Kerley from regressing. That's what we should be looking for.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

haha, i suggested Matt Moore, and Gradkowski as his backup.
    We'll need a backup assuming we can move Sanchez.

injury riddled career with only limited talent to begin with......and i still think better backup for the Jets than Sanchez.

5. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Idk, he wouldn't be expensive, and I'm sure he knows if he comes here, he'll have a great shot at winning the QB battle, assuming Sanchez is still here.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I don't want yesterdays trash , We either draft a new QB in the first round or we go after alex smith or matt flynn. Unless Norv comes in and he thinks he can fix Sanchez like he fixed Troy Aikman. Norv Turner might be the only guy in the league who can fix Mark Sanchez. He would also give this offense instant credibility and he is highly regarded as one of the best play callers in the NFL.

#46 LongIslandBlitz, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'd take Matt Moore, that's it.

8. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

It is a horrible list. The only guy on that list that I think is worth anything is Matt Moore.

9. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Rex is going to have to hit the tanning salon when Teddy comes out. Kid said during his recruitment he only wanted to play for a black HC.

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

I mean we would either have to go 2-14 in 2013 or give up the farm, again, just like we did with Sanchez which set us back and contributed to where we are now.

The only way I could see this working out is if we were to trade our 1st round pick this year for more picks next year and trade up using those picks to get Teddy. Which honestly I would be cool with because I don't think this years 1st round pick will do us much good (just my opinion).

The only QB worth getting in the first round is Geno, and most analyst agree that he's "worth"/ranked at a mid round 1st selection. Either way Kasas City will get him #1 overall. If they don't I really don't want to see us move up to get him knowing what we would have to give up for him.

#50 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  11. Canadajetsfan

Canadajetsfan New Member

I am blown away that it has come to that. Bruce gradwoski is the shift supervisor at the best buy near my house he should not be mentioned in QB posts. Sanchez and his enormous contract are not going anywhere unfortunately I think it's time we all accept it. ( that was hard to type ).

12. RevisIsland10

RevisIsland10 Member

vick over any of these guys....and if he blows we have a high pck and takeour qb the following season.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Matt Moore and Jason Campbell are probably the best ones on that list. Maybe Tarvaris Jackson. I could see Rex liking his arm and mobility. None are very good, but all are better than what Sanchez gave us this past year. If all else fails, I could see the Jets possibly going with a three-way competition between Sanchez, McElroy and one of those three.

Or I could see the new GM dumping McElroy and going with a rookie as that third guy in that triumvirate. Tannenbaum being gone means that some of the guys that he liked as back of the roster guys might be gone now. And at quarterback, with Sanchez basically handcuffed to the roster, he might have to get creative to find a solution.

The options this year stink. Obviously, I don't want any of those guys starting. But if the Jets use the money saved not going after a big QB to fill holes elsewhere, they could sneak into the playoffs possibly.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Just by reading this, we are better off with Mark Sanchez pretty much - even though that's not saying much. Get one of those guys in for competition purposes.

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Matt Moore > Sanchez

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Everyone on that list is at least as good as Sanchez. Probably the best for the Jets would be Moore. Stanton might be good, too. Campbell is a possibilty, but I think there's some reason he's seemed streaky over his career. I suspect DC's see some film on him and know how to defend him. Plus what is his injury status? I like Moore beter anyway. Let them come in and compete with McElroy. At worst McElroy can be the backup, and the Jets end up with two Qb's better than Muck.

17. Munich1860

Munich1860 New Member

sounds ok - work on OL and WR and bring in a solid QB in 12 from a Draftpick or a FA. Trade will not work cause #6 gets to much $$ already.

18. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I think we should draft a QB with our first pick. Maybe Mike Glennon? He seems like a prototypical quarterback; what with his size and all.

Sigh. All I know is that we have to find someone besides all these bums who couldn't hold their previous starting jobs. There's gotta be someone in this year's draft, no? Doesn't every draft class have at least one gem or two?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem with going with Sanchez is that he's already burnt here. Could he recover some? Of course he could. Then we'd be in the same position the Jets were in with Todd in 1980.

20. Realistic Jets Fan

Moore

sign him please