2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So I look and see theres a new post and the first thing I see in Petro s post is Pannarin and I admit it I got excited,,,,,,,I hope it happens hockey is around the corner

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m excited about this team under Trotz and Lou. I’m also going to make more of an effort to see Sound tigers this season. I want to see the young guys play before they get called up. Should be fun!

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace if I make it to one of those games we will hook up. How can any of us not be excited to see what Trotz and company can do with this team ?

4. Red Menace

I’ll throw a comment on here when regular season starts and let you know when I’m going.

CBG likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have been to the arena for concerts but never for Sound Tigers,,,,,,,

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

JetBlue likes this.
  7. Red Menace

Well it’s set for now, Brock Nelson is going back to his natural position as a center and be the 2nd line center.

Defensively he is going to be a liability as a center, going to be interesting to see how long he lasts as an islander.

Filpulla will be 3rd line center and Barzal is top line center.

CBG likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

2nd line center ? Either Trotz pulls a rabbit out of his hat or my guess is this don't last long. Menace can you or anyone else name a player who was soft and suddenly became a tougher player or developed some heart or balls ? I can't think of anyone off hand and we all know Brock looks like Tarzan but plays like cheetah

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Red Menace

I was watching him play center the other night and he looked very out of place. Not sure if he just needs to brush off the rust after playing winger for so long but he was always trailing as a defender.

I think Trotz is shaking things up to see who is going to man up or who is putting on a skirt and needs to be moved.

CBG likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't know one Islander fan that likes Nelson,,,,I think all of us pray he is moved,,,,its amazing that a guy his size with soft hands is so weak

11. Red Menace

The weird part is that he has had 3, 20 goal seasons and last year he had 19.

So where is this guys scoring from if not from the front as he doesn’t get physical?

I believe he will surprise people and step up, it’s Barry Trotz he’s playing for, not Capuano or Weight.

Just having him behind you on the bench should be enough to light a fire under those players.

#1491 Red Menace, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    CBG likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

to me it seems he scores in streaks then disappears off the stat sheet for games---I hope u are correct

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Red Menace

As you know hockey players are pretty humble men. I believe if the coach puts them in the spotlight some guys will flourish.

I think he was not going to make waves about where he played but now that he’s the center he will lead by example.

Defensively however he might struggle because he’s not a fast skater and he might end up being a step behind the forward he’s responsible for.

I hope they don’t put Mayfield on the second line as a defenseman because that would be minuses on the scoring sheet for that group.

I’m more worried about Mayfield on the roster than Nelson being second line center.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

shit the isles have a mayfield as well. LOL. had to read that twice.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Did you see top line for Isles?

1st......Bailey, Barzal, Beauvillier

2nd.....Lee, Nelson, Eberle

That’s going to be a wicked second line.

I’m sure it will change during the season but I’m looking forward to seeing how this works.

JetBlue and CBG like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

yes I saw it ,,,but Menace you know I hate Nelson,,,,you cannot teach heart or balls,,,,we shall see. I also saw a writeup this morning I think on rotoworld,,let me look see if I find it

Red Menace likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

18. Red Menace

I know you do, but Trotz gave him a guy for the front of the net and a winger who is a sniper.

I hate that Bailey can only play on top line, he has shown himself to be so limited as a player and he still gets to play on top line.

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

the only guy I dislike more than Nelson is Bailey,,,,lol I hope you are right and Nelson finds himself under Trotz

Red Menace likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

in other news this is not Islander related at all,,,I created another thread in the BS Forum,,,,"a friend of mine could use some help and your vote " if you guys get a chance check it out and vote if possible,,,,,,,you can even vote multiple times as it appears there is no limit on how many times you can vote----thanks in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.