2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

if Major moves are not made in the front office , then Brooklyn will be a ghost town next year---I already have friends that have gone to games forever that are done now that this year is over . If these guys (Weight and Snow )are reassigned it shows how inept the organization really is,,,think about this who in their right mind would accept a demotion and stay on other than Terry Bradway,,,,,? Just make an attempt to do it correctly and fire these guys already , why it has not happen yet , the game was over 12 hours ago is astounding ! If they have a press conference today stating that these guys are both coming back I could careless what else is said Im done , plain and simple. If you guys think I bash Woody , Mac and Bowels a lot wait and see what I say about the Islanders,,,,,but I will wait hopefully today is a good day for us fans and not the owners attempting to blow smoke up our asses AGAIN !

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Compared to the Islanders the Jets are run like the Patriots. We all know the Jets have their issues and Woody Johnson isn't a good owner but even he changes it up when things aren't working after a while. If Snow and Weight are brought back then that is a big FU to the fans from ownership. They aren't even trying to get better. The Browns who were 1-31 the past 2 years are being run better now as their GM has made some nice moves. The Isles have to be one of the worst if not the worst run team in sports.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

At least the Browns have continuously missed on getting a franchise QB to build around. Snow got his franchise player and still managed to completely screw up building a winner with him.

CBG likes this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

To make it really worse this year. Barzal finished with 63 assists and 85 points overall. He should be a slam dunk to win ROY. Bailey had over 70 points and Lee had 40 goals and it was all wasted because our idiot GM did nothing to fix the D and G. Weight also sucked as coaching left a lot to be desired as well.

CBG likes this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Based on everything we’re hearing I’ll be shocked if anything changes. I’m expecting enthusiastic support of S&W from L&M this afternoon, and I can’t for the life of me figure out why that’s the case.

I’m not going to become a fan of another team, but I will have no problem ignoring the team. The irony, of course, is that I will check out just as they’re going to be playing half of their games 5 minutes from my house.

Red Menace and CBG like this.
  6. JetBlue

The only way it makes sense is if JT has told them he will resign if they stay. Otherwise it makes no sense.

CBG likes this.
  7. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Even if that is the case, it's like a no win situation...like Stockholm syndrome or something.
    If JT's staying is contingent on Snow and Weight staying, then he's part of the problem and the owners should have taken executive control and traded JT for anything they could get at the trade deadline then promptly gotten rid of the front office and coaching staff.

CBG likes this.
  8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Absolutely disgraceful "performance" by Ledecky.

Save your apologies, jackass, do something that shows you give a damn, and fire the clown sitting next to you.

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have 3 words for all of you-----I AM DONE ! Mr. Ledecky and Malkin are frauds, he might as well of had an assistant read a generic form letter ,,,you can go back 3 years and find the same statements . Make no mistake these owners are NOT in this for the long haul. I am not sure if they will sell off / out right after the new place is built but they are NOT committed to anything that they claim, its all been lies and I will not buy in any more. To have Garth Snow and Weight sitting next to you and then actually addressing the media after you read your bogus statement Mr Ledecky is not only comical its sad.Garth Snow addresses the media ? Guess Mr Ledecky and Malkin don't really care how many season ticket holders and fans they alienate and lose but after this press conference yesterday I am sure the number grew greatly. I am done !!! Let me know when real changes are made or when these ass clowns actually make their sale of the team official because everything that they claim to be is a lie , their actions say it all-----rant over .

Red Menace likes this.
  10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Knicks have fired Jeff Hornacek after just 2 lousy seasons. Meanwhile after 13 years of failure with Garth the clown show continues.

11. JetBlue

Even the cheap ass Mets sent Terry Collins on his way, and he took them to a WS.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will wait and see how this plays out exactly but IF Garth Snow is kept on board in any capacity its a joke . Why he has not been shit canned already is astounding ! Would you take this so called job if you knew that your predecessor was now team President ? The Islanders are probably more dysfunctional than the NY Jets now and that is saying something ,,,,,,again let me calm down and see how this plays out but I think it blows.

Red Menace likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for all the other distractions because as each day passes the Islanders are STILL dysfunctional and a mess !

stinkyB likes this.
  14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Lou Lamoriello is parting ways with the Leafs. Chris Lamoriello (Lou's son) is the assistant GM of the Isles. Here is the perfect opportunity for L&M to make a move. Boot Garth and bring in Lou as the GM and he can groom his son to takeover when Lou steps down. Lou who led the Devils to 5 SCF appearances and 3 Cups championships please make this happen L&M. The only downside is Lou is 75 so this is not a long term move but still Lou >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Garth.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

To this day, it's hard for me to say Brooklyn Islanders. To me, they'll always be in that craphouse on Lawn Gisland, Nassau Coliseum. In fact, I think they are navigating their way back there and splitting games between there and Barclays? I'm just not sure why they would re-name the team. I mean we're not the NJ Jets. OK, my head hurts.

16. JetBlue

I believe the reports that Snow will be moved out if the GM position. Lamoriello seems like he’d be a good fit, at his age, to not want the responsibility of the entire organization and just focus on the GM duties. As long as he’s given full authority to make the player decisions and doesn’t need to have Snow sign off on them it would make sense. Otherwise we are going to have to settle on someone willing to answer to Snow and I can’t imagine finding a competent candidate under that structure.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That and Lou knows there is value in defense and goaltending. Snow seems lost in those areas.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

every time I see a new post I still get my hopes up that it is about Snow getting fired,,you think I would have learned after 13 freaking years ?

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

A bit ironic (or retarded) coming from a former goaltender.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.