2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Tavares being face down on the ice while Montreal scored goal #6 was quite a fitting picture...

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Five straight losses, five straight games without a point for Tavares. Certainly this monumental collapse and Tavares' imminent departure mean the end of Snow, right? Right? Please?

Red Menace, JetBlue and CBG like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

of course not,,,,,,the guy is on his 9th life already If the owners had any balls he would have been gone with Cappy if not sooner.

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

This year is done so might as well tank but if L&M don't fire Snow after this season then I am done with this POS team. This organization doesn't put any importance on winning so why should I care. I will just stick with my other two teams the Jets and Yanks.

CBG likes this.
  5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Until tonight I still believed this team could turn it around, but my towel is official thrown in.

I wasn’t sold on Weight, despite last year’s turnaround, but if we lose Tavares and Snow is canned we may as well send him on his way too.

CBG likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Another 50 shots on goal allowed, that is painful! Is that some kind of tactic that Weight has implemented? No goalie can withstand that amount of pressure.

CBG likes this.
  7. statjeff22

Hey, they got a point and Tavares got an assist! Happy days are here again!

8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The honeymoon period for L&M is over. If they don't clean house after this season then I honestly won't watch another Isles game until Garth is gone. I got the Jets and all the NFL action plus the Yankees and NHL games that don't involve the Isles. Why should fans care if the Isles don't care about winning themselves.

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg,,,,,I don't think you have the Jets they also blow,,lol but Yankees I will give you. Ps the owners will feel a lot of heat and will see a lot of empty seats should they let JT leave and retain Snow,,,,,,,,,I do not want them in the playoffs at this point they will get embarrassed and are not going anywhere with this bunch and this defense and especially This GM ,,,,also Im pretty done with Weight and have been for a while.

10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

and they still found a way to lose this one.... 7 losses in a row now

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

At this point its better they lose every game. This needs to get as embarrassing as it can so L&M have no choice but to clean house.

CBG, JetBlue and Red Menace like this.
  12. statjeff22

Exactly. The season has gone down the tubes - the only goal left is to get the ownership to do something to save the franchise from going down the tubes. You'd think that they would want to do that given all of the money that's going to go into the new arena, but that's only true if the arena is actually a sports venture, as opposed to being a real estate venture.

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

8 losses in a row... of course, they put Tavares on the last penalty shot and he missed, as he always does

Red Menace likes this.
  14. JetBlue

Un-f’ing-believable

Red Menace likes this.
  15. statjeff22

Even Tavares says he stinks at shootouts, yet Weight keeps putting him out there. I don't get it.

rohirrim665 and Red Menace like this.
  16. JetBlue

The bright side is if we hit on the draft picks we kept they may make an impact in 2-3 years!

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This sucks I see 2 new posts and think its good news only to see the owners are still snoozing !!! 8 in a row and no changes simply amazing

#1177 CBG, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  18. JetBlue

There will be no good news until the offseason; and even that will likely be tempered by the innevitabke awful news.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The draft picks don't matter if Garth is still here. 12 years and counting and just one playoff series win. How many of those years were the Isles picking top 5 or 10 and what do they really have to show for it. The Isles could have every teams #1 pick in the draft for the next 10 years and Garth still couldn't build a winner. I don't care about the draft or FA unless a REAL GM is in charge. Nothing will change until Garth is gone. That is the #1 priority for the Isles as far as I am concerned.

CBG likes this.
  20. statjeff22

Yeah, it's pointless to make a change now. They're just playing out the string at this point. I expect Weight will be canned after the season (the losing streak reflects very badly on him, and don't forget, the two wins right before the streak were ones where they gave up 97 shots and should have lost badly) and Snow will not (because Ledecky and Malkin are idiots), and Tavares will walk (because he isn't), and the team will be drawing about 10,000 people per game by the time they actually get to Belmont.

Where have you gone, Bryan Trottier, an island turns it lonely eyes to you, woo woo woo.

CBG and JetBlue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.