2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

But wait there's more.....Josh Bailey just received a 6 year extension. He was compensated for having a career year!!!!

HE PLAYS ON THE TOP LINE WITH AN ELITE CENTER AND ONLY HAS 15 goals.

What am I missing???!!!!!

Can someone please tell me what is going on with this organization???

[​IMG]

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I was waiting for your take on this.

Moreso, it’s just bad optics. With the team struggling and the best player unsigned, this is the move Snow gets done?

Incredible.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

In the Islanders world it makes perfect sense------just move the team already its gonna be a ghost town next year

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This

Red Menace likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how good JT would be if he did not play with Bailey ? Now can you imagine how bad Baileys stats would be if he did not play with JT ? The guy has 15 goals and 62 points and people think this is a great move because of the money ? Not sure if its worse being a Jet Fan or Islander fan right now ?

Red Menace likes this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Count me in as a tortured Jets and Isles fan. At least I got the Yankees so I am 1 for 3 when it comes to my sports teams.

CBG likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Seems like a stupid decision, but much more importantly there is no way Snow should be being allowed to sign anyone (other than Tavares) to a 6-year contract, since he should be unemployed in a couple of months. I fear that this is strong evidence that he's keeping his job, which means that the Islanders are going nowhere for the foreseeable future.

Red Menace and CBG like this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sadly THIS

9. Red Menace

I remember when 15 goals was 3rd line player production. If you wanted to be in top two lines you had to be exceptional, dominate faceoffs, score 25 goals or more.

Only on the Isles is a 3rd line player considered a top line forward.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Bailey, what I mind is how they treat him like a top line winger when in reality he is a 3rd line player.

CBG likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

exactly,,,,,,the guy is not here 2 years and they see promise the guy is here 7 years already and is what he is,,,,,,makes Derek King look like an all star

Red Menace likes this.
  11. Red Menace

Davidson traded to Islanders from Oilers
    Defenseman has five points; Edmonton receives draft pick
    [​IMG]
    Edmonton received a third-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft.

Davidson, a 26-year-old defenseman, has five points (three goals, two assists) in 36 games this season. He can become a restricted free agent July 1.

Selected by Edmonton in the sixth round (No. 162) of the 2010 NHL Draft, Davidson has 20 points (eight goals, 12 assists) in 137 NHL games.

The Islanders, who visit the New Jersey Devils on Saturday (6:15 p.m.ET; MSG+, MSG+2, NHL.TV) are tied with the Columbus Blue Jackets for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Eastern Conference.

Guys, anyone know anything about this guy?

12. statjeff22

I know absolutely nothing about him, but I do know that the Isles have ripped off the Oilers successfully recently (Strome for Eberle, Reinhart for picks that became Beauvillier and Barzal), so here's hoping.

Red Menace, CBG and JetBlue like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I know even less about this guy,,,,,so does he play right away and who sits not that any of there worth playing but can this guy play ? Im calling a friend to see if he has any info

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Losing again... and once again nothing from Tavares

Red Menace likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Where's Bailey? Why didn't he come up with a clutch 2 goal game like Palmieri did for the Devils?

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Here is my 2 cents,,,I know lots of guys that are are down on JT so Petrozza is not alone and in good company BUT I am NOT down on JT I think we will miss him tremendously when he is gone and I also think if he ever gets real line mates,,,I like Lee and think he is a nice player but just despise Bailey ,,,,,,,,thats when we will see what might have been,,,,,but this of course is just my opinion everyone has there own. As far as where was Bailey last night =I just hate him and now he is here for 5 or 6 more years . 12 years of Snow and he is still here making moves as GM simply amazing ! Just sell the team again and move it I think I have seen just about enough!

Red Menace likes this.
  17. statjeff22

As I said earlier I believe that Tavares has completely lost faith in the organization and is just playing out the string, and that is reflected in his play. Barring a complete reorganization (starting of course with Snow's ouster) he will be gone, and will then immediately revert to the level of play we've seen from him in the past.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  18. Red Menace

I have never been down on JT, but the writing is on the wall. As @statjeff22 has mentioned, it's over for JT and the islanders, hockey players will give up everything but their kids for a Stanley Cup.

JT has given this team everything he could and Snow has put who on his wing? A 10 year veteran who will never fulfill his potential.

JT is going somewhere else, Toronto or Tampa Bay and then you will see Snow get fired, but then it will be too late.

CBG and JetBlue like this.
  19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The only way I see Snow getting fired is if he can’t get JT resigned, but at that point the damage is done. If the owners don’t then it’s clear the organization, as a whole, has no standard for success they hold anyone up to.

If Snow isn’t going to lose his job during the season they have to let him trade JT and see if he can get pieces to build around Barzal.

This isn’t a talentless team; it’s just lacking in talent in key places. May as well try to solve those with a trade.

Red Menace and CBG like this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JetBlue here is another problem,,,,,who is going tongue us anything worth while for JT if they themselves are in a playoff run ? Regardless Don't let me get started on how little faith I have in Snow to get the right bodies back in a trade ----this conversation is crazy, I can't believe the are even entertaining the thought of letting the face of the franchise walk,,,,I don't know what he is asking for but I would bet that he would take less to stay here if the organization was serious about building a winning team and giving him help,,,,there is the problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.