2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Dis shit is gittin’ outa hand.

CBG likes this.
  2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Why does this worthless POS(Snow) still have a job? As long as this worthless POS is still here the Isles will never amount to shit. 13 years, 14 years or whatever it is and what has he accomplished. I give the new owners credit for getting the new arena in Belmont but they need to remove their heads from their asses and fix THE PROBLEM(Snow) that is affecting the on ice product.

CBG likes this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

While I agree with you that Snow is not a good GM, I don't believe this falls on him.

This is a HC philosophy that Doug need to change. There are multiple ways to set up a scheme for a hockey team. Weight needs to realize what he doesn't have at this point and make a huge scheme adjustment.

The Isles have enough firepower to be a defense first hockey team, at least until Snow can bring in a top line defensemen, he needs to change it or he will end up losing the team and his job.

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

What needs to happen is the same thing that happened with the Giants. Mara cleaned house with Reese and McAdoo and now Ledecky and Malkin should do the same with Snow and Weight. This team needs a major change at the management level. Getting rid of Weight alone doesn't solve the real problem which is Snow.

5. Red Menace

Weight is not the problem as of yet, what he needs to do is adjust his scheme to a more defensive style to keep the games close and give his team a chance to pull out these wins.

The problem is the defense, I have said it before, Mayfield is a career minor league player, and the rest of the defense is not good enough to move players out of the way from in front of the net.

Last nights game was a perfect example of that, philly had players screening Greiss and there was no one attempting to move these guys and even if they tried they couldn't.

Getting rid of Snow and Weight is not the answer to a team that lacks solid defenseman, where half of forwards don't play defense.

Most of the nhl is playing the same type of scheme, attacking style of play because everyone else lacks defensive depth.

The teams with good defensive depth or a defensive oriented scheme are the ones who will rise to the top.

I will try and research what defenseman are available for trades at this moment but it's probably going to be a short list of guys that are on teams which will demand a bounty for a good defenseman.

6. Red Menace

As you look at the top 50 defenseman, we can discount the top 20 being available right now.

As we look past top 20, we can see Nashville and Calgary are the only teams with multiple defensive players on this list, trying to get one of those teams to trade a defenseman at this point will cost you your firstborn child.

Trying to get another teams second best defenseman will cost you almost as much as your first born.

Overexpansion of the NHL has watered down the market and it's allowing players that belong in minor leagues to play at NHL. Getting rid of snow and weight is not the answer.

There are no defenseman to be dealt for at this time. With the wild card in play, most teams will keep their players as long as they can.

Weight needs to adjust scheme.

1. Brent Burns, D, SJS (SAME)
    2. Erik Karlsson, D, OTT (SAME)
    3. Victor Hedman, D, TBL (+2)
    4. Drew Doughty, D, LAK (-1)
    5. P.K. Subban, D, NSH (+5)
    6. John Klingberg, D, DAL (-2)
    7. Alex Pietrangelo, D, STL (-1)
    8. Roman Josi, D, NSH (-1)
    9. Kris Letang, D, PIT (DTD)
    10. John Carlson, D, WSH (-2)
    11. Shayne Gostisbehere, D, PHI (-2)
    12. Mikhail Sergachev, D, TBL (SAME)
    13. Kevin Shattenkirk, D, NYR (SAME)
    14. Nick Leddy, D, NYI (+2)
    15. Torey Krug, D, BOS (+2)
    16. Zach Werenski, D, CBJ (DTD)
    17. Morgan Rielly, D, TOR (+2)
    18. Will Butcher, D, NJD (SAME)
    19. Dougie Hamilton, D, CGY (+1)
    20. Duncan Keith, D, CHI (+1)
    21. Oliver Ekman-Larsson, D, ARI (+1)
    22. Shea Weber, D, MTL (DTD)
    23. Colton Parayko, D, STL (+1)
    24. Charlie McAvoy, D, BOS (+1)
    25. Mark Giordano, D, CGY (+1)
    26. Seth Jones, D, CBJ (+7)
    27. Brandon Montour, D, ANA (+3)
    28. Ryan Suter, D, MIN (+3)
    29. Aaron Ekblad, D, FLA (+3)
    30. Jake Muzzin, D, LAK (-1)
    31. Tyler Myers, D, WPG (-4)
    32. Mattias Ekholm, D, NSH (-4)
    33. Justin Faulk, D, CAR (+12)
    34. Shea Theodore, D, VGK (+9)
    35. Keith Yandle, D, FLA (SAME)
    36. Ryan McDonagh, D, NYR (-2)
    37. Rasmus Ristolainen, D, BUF (-1)
    38. Mike Green, D, DET (SAME)
    39. Matt Niskanen, D, WSH (-2)
    40. Colin Miller, D, VGK (-1)
    41. Cam Fowler, D, ANA (SAME)
    42. Jacob Trouba, D, WPG (SAME)
    43. Esa Lindell, D, DAL (+4)
    44. Ivan Provorov, D, PHI (-4)
    45. Darnell Nurse, D, EDM (-1)
    46. Jake Gardiner, D, TOR (SAME)
    47. Erik Johnson, D, COL (NEW)
    48. Jeff Petry, D, MTL (+2)
    49. Matt Dumba, D, MIN (NEW)
    50. Noah Hanifin, D, CAR (NEW)

#1046 Red Menace, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  7. Red Menace

Did you see who the 2nd line defensive pairing is for Islanders against Penguins?

Adam Peleck and Scott Mayfield, that's not an NHL level second line defense pairing on any day and they are going against 2 of the best centers in the world.

#1047 Red Menace, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  8. JetBlue

May as well put my son out there; he’s got his backwards swizzles down and everything.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Snow gives us zero credibility and his moves are non existent

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

there are guys on the bottom of this list that I like ----I like fowler---Nurse--Johnson---Petry-----thats just off the bottom 10 guys you listed. Defenseman can be had and Im not talking other teams top 2 either but it takes some creativity and the GM has to at least pick up the phone and inquire , hell if you get a no thanks at least you made the call. I don't know whether Snow has made any calls but my gut and head says he has not and lacks the creativity to pull anything off-----I don't hate Weight but I don't love him either but I despise Snow ! I think with a tweak here or there we would have a MUCH BETTER TEAM-----why is Snow still here ? I just don't get it

Red Menace likes this.
  11. Red Menace

I like those guys as well, but to get them now who are you going to give up? Or better yet, who on the Isles do those teams want?

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace I always like to trade from strength ,,when a guy is playing well he has value. Now if I guy is playing well and I HATE HIM that makes it easier for me,,,enter Bailey,,,,,forget Chemistry YOU or Me could play with JT,,,,,,,I have agued with friends about this they love him I HATE HIM and think he holds JT back.-----There are other guys I don't like as I mentioned before NELSON immediately comes to mind,,,,,,I love Ho Sang and think they are screwing his undisciplined ass around but if they keep this up they might as well trade him also ,,,,as I said somebody would be stupid enough to trade us something GOOD for Bailey,,,,Im having a bad day let me rant

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Red Menace

Hope your evening gets better.

CBG likes this.
  14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

5 losses in a row.... coaching change soon? :)

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My evening was getting better thanks Menace,,ps just when I WAS GONNA TRADE Bailey he gets hurt

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Petrozza something needs to be done,,,,,,,,when the team scores it covers some of the weaknesses but tonight was painful to watch

#1056 CBG, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  17. Red Menace

He signed Scott Mayfield to a 5 year extension?

I have seen Mayfield and many of these guys play in Bridgeport, how could Snow do such a thing?

Mayfield is a role player on the bridgeport Soundtigers team.

CBG likes this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Coaching change wont do anything. Al Arbour couldn't win with this garbage roster. Snow Must Go. Bring in a real GM and let him fix this mess.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I was unaware of the 5 yr extension,,,,,He stinks,,,,,,we need a real Hockey guy to fix this whats the holdup why is snow still here ?

20. JetBlue

One of the great mysteries of the universe.

CBG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.