2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I agree with you. This team is not even close to winning a Cup. L&M better fire his ass in the offseason or they will be no better than Wang. Unlike Wang they spent more than half a billion to buy this team and the Isles payroll is at the Cap. You would think for the amount of money they have spent on this team that they would want someone competent running the show.

JetBlue and CBG like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Agreed but as others have said look at how they reached the cap ---> look at the money that they gave 3rd and 4th line players instead of signing a better player and bringing kids up or letting those 3rd 4th line players walk or dare I say it pay those guys less . Greg me and you and SOOOOOOO many others are disappointed hopefully it gets better but we have been hoping for a real long time . Not only is JT close to walking , I mean who would blame him with the lack of support they give him along with the Barclays fiasco as it is almost as bad as Met Life to watch a game,,,,but many fans like myself would find it easy to walk away should this continue. I go to less and less games if any be it football and now hockey because of the product

JetBlue likes this.
  3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The upcoming year with the Jets will be rough but I can't give up my tickets as I love going to the games. I can never root against the Jets when the games are going on because the fan in me kicks in and I am rooting for them to win obviously. But like everyone says we need a franchise QB and if we have to suffer thru a 2-14 type of season to get one which hopefully get us back to playoffs and one day win a Super Bowl then I am all for it. Next year( 2018) the draft is supposed to be a good one for QB's.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg I NEVER thought that I would give up my tickets and if you asked anyone who knew me they would tell you the same .Since giving them up I have NEVER looked back or regretted it . I understand what you are saying but it sure would be nice if Petty or Hack were that qb and already on the team .

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

looks as if the fat lady officially sang last night with the senators win,,,,,heres to a better 2017 / 18 because lord knows the NY JETS are going to suck ass

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Nope, we are chasing Toronto now. They have games against Pitt and Columbus, we have games against NJ and Ottawa. They lose both we win both and Isles are the WC. That isn't inconceivable.

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks JetBlue--Im away on vacation--I did not know this. I will watch the scoreboard more closely

8. JetBlue

This team is going to torture us all 82 games.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So our guys win today and I check online for the Maple leaf score---With 6 minutes left in the game pitt up 3-2,,,,,,,,,4 minutes later pitt is down 4 - 3 and Mathews ices it and puts our painful season to an end,,,,,btw just one more reason to hate Crosby and the Penguins !

10. JetBlue

Agreed. F you Penguins.

matt robinson 17, rohirrim665 and CBG like this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nope.

No torture left for game 82.

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Kings just let go 2 time Stanley Cup winner GM Dean Lombardi and 2 time Stanley Cup winner HC Daryl Sutter. If L&M wants to make a statement here is their chance. Garth one playoff series victory in 11 years Snow or a 2 time Stanley Cup winning GM. Tough choice I know.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

There is no way I would get rid of Doug, he is young and deserves an opportunity to make his mark in the NHL as a coach.

Their turnaround was all about his adjustments and while he was firm, he was also patient with the young players.

Sutter is too old school, he will start punishing the young players like Capuano did and the isles will be back to the bottom with him.

Snow is the only guy that should be shown the door. If he stays, ownership will show they are letting themselves be deceived by the con-artist they have as their GM.

The fact that Snow cost ownership hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional revenue by not making the playoffs should be reason enough to fire him.

His childish grudge holding against Jaroslav agent, is what led him to send him to minors.

He cost the team 10 points by keeping Berube as the backup, whom Greiss had to bail out all 5 times Berube started.

Calling up Mayfield instead of Peleck to help out with the PP was just another of many blunders by Snow.

Keep Weight and fire Snow.

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If they bring in a new team president/GM than chances are that new person might want to hire his own coach. As Jets fans we saw first hand what happens when a coach is forced on a GM Idzik/Rex and that turned out to be a disaster. I agree with you Weight did a good job and if Caps was fired sooner we probably make the playoffs. Getting rid of Snow also means Weight might not be back as coach.

15. JetBlue

That's interesting but on the negative side of them Lombardi gave awful contracts to Kopitar and Brown. Kings are my second favorite team since I live in LA; the first thing I bought my son when he was born was a Kings jersey, but I'm not convinced I'd bring these guys in to the Isles.

The flip side is that if Sutter can muster offense through JT and get these guys playing in front of the net the way the Kings did it could work. Then, again, do we have a Quick to help make that happen?

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Isles made it official today. Doug Weight is the HC going forward. Have to think Garth is sticking around and that sucks.

Red Menace likes this.
  17. JetBlue

Weight deserves to come back but I wouldn't be surprised to see Snow go. I don't think it is that far fetched to find a competent GM who would also be on board with Weight as the coach with how this team played for him.

Red Menace likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg I did not see it where or who said it ? I like Weight but I WANT SNOW GONE ! So if the owners are serious ,which I have questions about as Cappy and Snow overstayed their welcomes far too long ,I think they should bring in a REAL GM and that guy would want to hire his own people . Anyone who takes the job with ultimatums such as keeping the coach won't be worth hiring ! Unless you are the New York Jets and do thinks ass backwards as possible you do not tell the GM -------> THIS IS YOUR COACH !

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I do not know about this Jet Blue,,,ps it gives the GM a built in excuse if things go bad, as much as I like Weight its time for new voices and new direction .

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FIRST OFF IT REALLY IRRATATES ME THAT Garth Snow is still our GM and that he is involved in the drafts and team at all.So Strome for Eberle I cannot complain about the trade ,it has been a while since I was a Strome fan and hopefully Eberle can play with JT , that said this team needs more forwards that can score on a consistent basis !
    It was no secret that Hamonic would be traded and we will see what the draft picks bring but again I would have rather traded him for someone that can score now !
    I honestly do not know enough about Salo maybe someone else can chime in ? Once again I think this team has moves yet to be made to hang with the big boys and right now I am not psyched for hockey season but I can say this , as bad as hockey season might be IT SHOULD STILL BE LIGHT YEARS BETTER than the Jet season which will be a train wreck

Red Menace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.