2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Terrible game to attend or watch on tv , power play was anemic , and here is the worst part --->next to the loss and the playoff implications ----> I believe Barclays holds 16, 000 someone can look that up and the place was sold out tonight but heres the very bad news ------> I would say 7000 of the people in attendance tonight had Bruins jerseys on and were Bruins fans ! When the Bruins tied it shortly after JT S goal the place erupted I thought I was in Boston, I was in the old Boston Garden and it sounded similar tonight just pathetic on all fronts !

Red Menace likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Not much to say at this point,,,,if you cant score goals you cant win . Not looking too good right now, I mean stranger things have happened they can still get in but if they continue to play like this it won't really matter. That said I really dont want to see them play the CAPS looking like this . Teams like Tampa come back from 3 nothing deficits and we cant score 3 goals in 2 games combined .

Red Menace and JetBlue like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

listening to ESPN radio today, you have to love Rick Dipietro,,,,says the Islanders are in a bad way when all these games have been must wins , constantly trying to get back into the playoff picture , he says they went on the 9 game road trip and did well, 5-2-2 but this is all draining for a team that he says " the Islander train has too many guys that are just there for the ride and go night upon night not showing up, unless Greiss stands on his head or JT puts them on his back " -------> I could not agree more this team has too much dead weight and JT has needed help for years now ! he also said he thinks they still could make the playoffs,I agree but really does it matter ?

#903 CBG, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Red Menace likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I hated DiPietro for the dumbfuck decision to draft him to begin with, then the worse decision to give him a 15 year contract. But he's great on the radio.

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The fact is they had too much ground to make up, they went from basement dwellers to possible second WC spot.

If Garth had made the HC change sooner, they might be fighting with the rangers for the top WC spot.

I'm not happy about how they have lost, but they needed to climb a serious mountain to get to where they are.

I'm proud of them!

JetBlue likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Garth will probably be fired, but it won't make a difference, he has built a weak offensive team and given out some pretty stupid contracts which won't come off the books for another 2 years. We will have to live with Clutterbuck, Cizikas, Josh Bailey for a while.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I could live with Bailey on the 3 rd or 4th line,,,,,same for the other guys,,,,we need guys that can score and help JT-----ps Flyers tonight lets see

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Looks like the season is coming closer to an end tonight for these islanders ---down 5-1 as I type

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It was nice to believe we could for a brief moment.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It just would've ended with a "one and done" anyway :(

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

At this point they really have no choice but to clean house. Garth must be fired and while Weight had them playing well for a while the new(hopefully) GM will probably want to bring in his own coach. Without a competent management (GM/HC) this team will never get to the next level and become a contender. Last night in a must win and to be down 5-0 after the 1st P is just pathetic.

CBG likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg 5-0 was bad but 3-0 after 8 minutes was yes bad and then you blink they change goalies and its 4 -0 two minutes later. It would have been nice to get in the playoffs and possibly steal a round but we all know this team is just not good enough . They still could get in by an act of god but playing the CAPS with this squad does not thrill me .its almost baseball season days away

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

watching Isles devils--we have had 6 power plays and TWO 5 on 3 s and we are only up 1-0,,,,tough to watch

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Tavares leg injury, couldn't get up, had to be helped off ice

missed final minutes of game and could be serious

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

looked like he pulled a hammy, that was awkward,,,,hopefully he is ok . finally got a win but the power play is brutal , they had 8 and two 5 on 3 s

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

have to give them credit for playing hard,,,,good win against Nashville tonight

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Weight back next year?

18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I hate Garth Snow. Halak is 4-0 since his return. If our dumb ass GM didn't keep that scrub JFB up here all this time and had Greiss/Halak all year long we probably have 8-10 more points and a playoff spot. If this POS isn't fired I can't see myself watching them next year. I already know Garth wont do anything to improve the team in the offseason. Why should this up coming year be any different from the previous 11.

JetBlue and CBG like this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Matt , I dont think so. I think a new GM brings in his own people , I would like him back in some capacity but personally I want shakeup from top to bottom .

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg I agree that we would have more pts and probably gotten in but does it really matter ? Its nice to get in but its about winning the cup and this team is far from winning the cup. We might have stolen a playoff round with hot goaltending and many in the organization or fans would be giddy about beating the Caps or whoever but would that really matter when we would get ousted shortly afterwards ? The owners who talked a good talk when the took over kept Garth Snow around way too long ! These owners are now on the hot seat as fans like myself were hoping for changes and watched Snow get shit canned when it was way too late . Lets see what they do in the offseason ,but if anyone thinks that this squad as is will win anything meaningful , thats just a pipe dream and sad --rant over

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.