2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Bluejackets not doing us any favors starting their backup goalie,,ps early first Toronto is up 2-0,,,,,,,I still hate that this team did not improve at the deadline ! I hope the Kids give JT some support tonight and Greiss stands on his head----time will tell

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Bailey is so bad, he is not a defensive or offensive presence playing on the top line.

It's amazing this guy is still on the top line.

3. Red Menace

Mayfield is not a fighter, yet he is the only one on this team that shows toughness.

I know they have played better under Doug, but Snow has not done a good job of putting together a skilled and tough team.

#883 Red Menace, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Snow is just horrible we all know that and hope he is gone at years end---this said I get ill watching Brock Nelson on the ice he is horrendous ! This said I have given Strome every chance but he is killing me as well,,,,ps I just hate Bailey ! Greiss stood on his head we get a win .

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Red Menace

I don't know why but Nelson looks lost out there, he is trying too hard to make something happen and turning the puck over like it's pick up hockey.

I've tried giving him the benefit of the doubt, but your right Nelson is regressing at the speed of light and looks disinterested.

Ho-Sang looks like a man against boys out there, fast, with an extremely good shot.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace Ho Sang has to work on playing defense and the turnovers but man he is all over the ice ! Can we just scratch Brock Nelson ?

Red Menace likes this.
  7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Halak has been called up. I guess they finally realized JFB sucks and they can't play Greiss every single game. With Pit tomorrow and the Bruins on Saturday I would guess Halak vs Pit and Greiss vs the B's.

Red Menace, CBG and JetBlue like this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Not only this but Strome has a broken Wrist ,,is done for the regular season

9. Red Menace

Wow, so Garth literally gave away about 4 or 5 games as the islanders were creamed every time Berube started a game because of his personal grudge against Halaks agent.

I would have fired him on the spot if I were the owner, costing him a chance at a 3rd straight post season and additional revenue.

10. Red Menace

I'm not happy about it, he was playing center again and I feel that had an impact on his apparent slow down, it's not an easy position to play when there is no talent around him.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Halak in goal tonight in a tough spot against Pitt

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  12. Red Menace

Well, it's not like he is cold just sitting on the bench, he has had a lot of playing time in Bridgeport. If Bailey and Brock decide to earn their NHL salaries and show up today, he should be ok.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Huge win tonight. Jaro was solid in net. Makes our POS GM look like an ass for keeping him in the minors all this time. Biggest game of the year tomorrow night against the B's.LGI

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well Nelson scored twice but they only counted one,,,,,I wish todays game was a day game but that would hurt our boys after a night game yesterday. I am debating if I want to go with kids tonight,,,,,might get tix friends are going.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Brock showed up last night, should have had 2 goals if it weren't for the refs playing favorites again.

Can you believe that Brock has 77 goals playing on the 3rd line in 4 years, while josh Bailey has 100 goals playing on the top line for 8 years?

Bailey must have incriminating pictures of Garth or the CS, that type of production is not even acceptable in the AHL.

It averages out to 12 goals a year, and I deducted the year he was injured.

#895 Red Menace, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I hope Nelson shows up again tonight , I also actually saw him hit someone last night although it was by accident . I got tix for the game tonight, now lets beat the Bruins !

Red Menace likes this.
  17. Red Menace

Lol...by accident. Was it in the parking lot or the ice?

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No lie Menace it happened where he and another player both were looking down for the puck around the blue line , he did knock the guy down ( cant remember who it was ) but it was TOTALLY by accident lol ,I was almost surprised that he did not apologize afterwards lol

Red Menace likes this.
  19. Red Menace

20. Red Menace

Pictures......Marchandt might send someone to the hospital tonight, he is dirty and there are playoff implications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.