2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Don't forget the mugging, hooking, holding, and interference that forwards dealt with on their way to the front of the net.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Lots of rumors out there---one said Duchene to the Islanders was a done deal but then I saw it got deleted another says Eberle to the Isles ? I dont know what the asking price is but I would like both of these guys so long as the price is cheap----Eberle has not done much but when he plays with Mcdavid he does things but then again I could also if I played with Mcdavid----Duchene = ?

Red Menace likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So hard to keep up with all the moves that Garth Snow and the Islanders are making ! Insert sarcasm here as poor JT still has no one he can play with , I would not blame the guy if he is elsewhere in 2 years. This team can compete right now IF they made a few moves, but why do that when we can sit here with Strome and Nelson and Bailey, and a few guys in our farm system that WILL NEVER help JT or the team win ! We might trade our Bridgport goalie for a 7 th round pick when he is arguably the best goalie in the team when healthy but I stray--------> rant over
    ps watch the Caps get even better when they trade for Shattenkirk today----sucks to be an Islander fan but there is always Todd Bowels and the NY Jets to cheer me up !

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Red Menace

It's amazing that Berube and Greiss have unseated Halak! It goes to show how bad Snow is as a GM, he makes this too personal, Halak would be the perfect guy to start with the changes that Dough Weight has implemented, and Greiss would be an excellent backup to hold the fort and win games for them.

Instead Garth has a career backup as his starter and a career AHL goalie as the back up. These should be fireable offenses and yet he still has a job.

CBG likes this.
  5. Red Menace

I hope nothing happens, I don't want Garth making any more moves for this team, he needs to be fired and let the new GM make the moves.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace what is truly amazing is that the only move they made was to fire Cappy ! Can you believe the trade deadline is here and me, you and all other Isles fans are really dying for them to make a move or 3 but because Garth freaking Snow is our GM and we are deathly afraid of him having a hand in any moves we would rather the team stand pat ? I mean I cannot believe a hockey person was not brought in yet to take Snows job, maybe they have offered it and NO ONE wants it ?

Red Menace likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Halak will be gone by tomorrow,,,,,,,,,I'm reading 3 teams are in the mix. Rangers are making a deal with Redwings

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Rangers just got Brendan Smith for draft picks

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

A FEW HOURS LEFT AND CRICKETS,,,,I guess this Islander team is good enough to compete right now with what they have,,,,,,,lmao

10. Red Menace

Unless he was told to not make any trades, I could see that happening, or the asking price was too much which I can also see happening.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF I am JT, enough would be enough-----> I would be gone ! He is a class act and always says the right thing but me personally would tell them improve the team get me help or I am gone . Very depressing that this same team that sucked 2 months ago and is playing better right now will not be improved! We have oceans of prospects but lets be real I am sick of prospects ! If we had a shot at Duchene or anyone else I want to know what was offered ? Still time left but I am watching the NHL network and am stewing . I think the backlash from this deadline will be huge---just my opinion

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

OK deadline came and went and whether Snow was told not to make any moves or he just did not pull the trigger can we fire his ass now ? Team will play hard and is facing no playoffs or a first round ousting,,,its old real old and depressing ! Really feel bad for JT , no way this guy sticks around , I would run if I were him

13. Red Menace

Ho Sang coming up Thursday, they are building from within.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace I want to hear what if anything was on the table------> the Islanders are the only team to not make a move yesterday, yes they brought the kid up but we have so many prospects and I am sick of prospects ! Would you have liked Fehr off waivers or Vrbata ? Im not even saying Duchene , as I would have loved him but want to hear what the asking price was . How about Boyle would you have taken him, I would have. JT STILL has no one to play with so sad . Yes we root for this team but much like the Jets they make it so hard

15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Nice comeback 5-4 win last night over the Stars. 3-1 so far on the 9 game road trip. Needed the win last night as I figure tonight at Chicago the Isles will have a very tough time coming away with points. Currently the Isles are tied with the Leafs for WC 2.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Red Menace

Mayfield needs to be sent back to Bridgeport and never be heard from again, he is a disaster of a defenseman at the NHL level, his play against Dallas and today Calgary is an abomination.

It's like Snow is intentionally sabotaging Doug Weight so Snow could keep his job and get Doug fired.

If I were Doug I would make him a healthy scratch until he is sent back to the minors.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace you did not like watching Mayfield spectate by the crease ? This team is what I thought they were,,,,,,,,nice comeback against Dallas , you can say nice getting a point against the hawks but we should have gotten 2 but they should have won in regulation,,,,and today Calgary dominated us that first period was a joke should have been worse Griess save at least 3 other goals

Red Menace likes this.
  18. Red Menace

Honestly I don't even know why he was brought up, he has been an AHL veteran and there is no need to call him up ever.

Snow is an idiot, why not Pulock, he has proven that he can play at this level.

Mayfield is garbage with the Soundtigers I'm telling you this was a sabotage job by Snow.

There is no way around it, he has better options than mayfield.

19. Red Menace

I don't think Mayfield has won a battle for the puck since he's been called up. Mark streit at 39 is still playing at a high level and Snow calls up Mayfield. I'm so angry with this guy right now, it's not funny, I can generally let things go but they have a chance to turn it around and sustain momentum and get into the playoffs with Toronto playing so bad in the road and this is Garths answer on defense.

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Snow is an ass and I will be pissed if L&M don't fire him after the season. For all the years this team has sucked and we still are not even close to being a SC contender. As for Mayfield he blows why Pulock isn't here I have no idea. He has also a booming shot which is something we could use especially on the PP. Another thing is JFB doesn't impress me either. If he cant be trusted to start then the Isles need to bring Halak back here. Greiss can't play every game and a Greiss/Halak combo is the best goalie tandem the Isles can throw out there right now. If it were me in charge both Mayfield and JFB would get sent down to Bridgeport while Pulock and Halak join the Isles.

CBG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.