2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I think you're being a little too tough on your guys, RM

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I would like to think so but it's similar to the Jets, Snow gave a 4th liner(Casey) a good chunk of change, but he let one of their top 2nd line wingers (Okposo) go to another team.

They are having the same problems this year as when Cappy took over, the only difference is they lack Okposo and Nielsen, it already shows in the lack of points the team has.

They can't get out of their own zone, they don't have playmakers other than JT, they take terrible penalties..etc

These are issues they have had for a while and they can't seem to fix them, why? I really don't know?

CBG likes this.
  3. Red Menace

So Cal Clutterbuck just received a 5 year deal from Garth Snow and the islanders, worth $3.5 mil a year.

Do you realize that they could have taken the salary they gave to Cizikas and Clutterbuck and signed a better player to put on JT left wing?

CBG likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It's unbelievable. It's Snow overcompensating for letting Frans Nielsen even reach free agency.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Makes no sense. Tavares is literally the only elite player in the NHL that's truly wasting away on his team

Red Menace likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sickening ! JT will look good in a Maple Leaf or any other jersey,,,sad if I were him I would not stay . This winning streak we are on is nice and I say enjoy it while it lasts but so long as Snow is the Gm and Cappy is the coach the best this team can ever hope for or achieve is a first round playoff win ! That is pathetic ! I remember the 70 s and 80 s as if they were yesterday and this team and franchise was the model of excellence ,,,,,,keep sitting on your hands New Owners .

7. Red Menace

Josh Bailey/ $3.1 million per year/12 goals is his highest goal total playing with JT.

Cal Clutterbuck /$3.5 million per year/ 15 goals is his highest with Islanders.

Casey Czisikas/$2.5 million per year/ 9 goals is highest goal total with islanders.

36 goals is the highest total goals combined that these 3 have contributed to the islanders.

Yet they are costing the islanders $9.1 million dollars a year.

If I were the owners of this team I would seriously ask Snow, is there not another player during FA that we could have given $10 million dollars to, which would have given us a bigger return not only from the goals perspective but assists, and making the top 2 lines more dangerous?

Evegeny malkin/$10 million a year

Alex Ovechkin/ $10 million a year

Corey Perry/$ 9 million a year

Vlad Tarasenko/$ 8 million a year

These are just examples of players that produce at much higher levels than 3 of the islanders players combined.

The ROI is just not there and Snow should be held accountable for bad roster management.

#787 Red Menace, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    CBG likes this.
  8. nyjetsmets89

I agree that the contracts dealt to the Islander depth weren't warranted but all those players you listed were staying with their respective teams barring some astronomical offer. They should have kept Okposo no doubt

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Red Menace

I'm not saying those guys were available, and yes your correct those guys were staying with their respective teams.

My point was simply that the amount of money they are paying 3 guys, they could have paid it to one or two players that are better overall players.

10. nyjetsmets89

Agreed. The Isles have looked good lately but I don't expect them to keep it up. What's up with Ho-sang?

11. Red Menace

I have not had an opportunity to watch many Sound tiger games this year but I have plenty of time. Going to see more games in January.

I don't trust Capuano with any of the young players. Hopefully they bring someone else in to develope them but that's probably just wishful thinking.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

All I want for Christmas....

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

that little win streak they went on might have put CAPPY on life support but hopefully now that we've dropped 4 in a row they fire this ass clown,,,,,,

JetBlue likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The New York Islanders announced that Jack Capuano has been relieved of his coaching duties with the team.

There ya go Isles fans. About time.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Timing seems odd but I guess it had to happen. I haven't been able to watch quite as much this year. Do you really think we have playoff talent with a good head coach at the helm? Serious question for those who have been watching closer than I have. I am sure they could at least be better but when the hell is Garth Snow getting the axe? What a terrible offseason for him in my opinion.

16. Red Menace

Snow should be following him as well, wasting valuable money on Clutterbuck and Cezikas.

Capuano hated Nitto Nederaiter so Garth traded him to the Wild, look how well Nederaiter has developed under a good coach.

The isles are stuck with Cal Clutterbuck.

17. Red Menace

I don't know what to make of this team, they have some good young pieces, they now have to learn a new system, that usually takes 20 games.

It's a lost season, whoever takes over has to get Josh Bailey off the first line, he has 6 goals as a top line winger.

6 goals!!!

rohirrim665 likes this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They need to finish the job and fire Snow as well. Glad to see Caps go.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm not an Islander fan, but really I didn't think Capuano was that bad a coach.
    it's not like the team has had ridiculous talent.

it's a good time to fire Snow and get fresh eyes on the entire situation.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

OMG I just heard this,,,,Xmas a month late but this is great news! If you don't think Cappy was a bad coach maybe he will get hired as the coach of your team and then sadly you will see what we have all been saying for years !!!! This is great news now let Snow go as well asap !

Red Menace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.